September 18, 2014 | 1971 users online

Fragrances - Byredo Seven Veils

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spice smoothed with vanilla; namely, cardamom. It reminds me of Kenzo's Elephant. It would be a contender for repurchase; however, naming a fragrance after a dance that resulted in death is somewhat offensive and therefore removes that possibility.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

The thing I like most of Byredo's fragrances is the sleek signature bottle with magnetic cap: so Northern Europe cool chic.
As for the pyramid, this one comes out quite interesting, like many other Byredos: Carrot seed, pimento, lots of vanilla flower, laurier rose, glycine, tiger orchid, sandalwood on a slightly musky base.
The overall result is a spicy and warm oriental, rather comforting. It has a somewhat powdery effect, but never gets cloyingly sweet.
Lasting power? Let's say "lasting superpower" (which is rather surprising if we compare this to Gypsy Water). Reviewer below called this "unobtrusive", but unfortunately, I must record some complains from people around me when I wore this: one person even exclaimed "What's this weird smell?...", before she realized it was coming from me and shut her mouth in embarrassment...
Since then, I've worn Seven Veils in very limited quantity and limited to the cool season.
But it is so unique, I still adore it and enjoy it for myself.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Seven Veils was launched by Byredo in 2011.
Notes: Carrot seed, pimento berries, Tahitian vanilla flower, laurier rose, glycine, tiger orchid, sandalwood and vanilla.
Impression of the fragrance: Seven Veils is a spicy oriental with subtle floral notes, one me it is a cozy scent without being overly gourmand. I find it well blended and interesting, softly powdery, but by no means syrupy or cloyingly sweet. Lasting power on me is good, and I enjoy how Seven Veils unfolds throughout the day and in one way or another stays with me the whole day in an unobtrusive yet comforting way. A soft, well-rounded experience, ideal in cooler weather. This is a scent I enjoy having around, and, as all the Byredo fragrances, it is quite unique, so I will repurchase.
Packaging: I like Byredo's signature bottle a lot, it is a sleek, puristic clear glass cylinder - see uploaded stock picture - with a rounded black magnetic cap.
Price: $220 for 3.4 oz/100ml.