December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Reversa Skin Smoothing Body Lotion 10% Glycolic Acid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I really like this for my face! It's marketed for you body but can be used on the face too. When working at a drugstore, I sold some to a gentleman who said he used it on his face (which did look pretty smooth) so I asked the rep and found that it can in fact be used on the face. It's their only product with 10% AHA so if you want more of a boost than their 8%, this is the way to go. It can sting for a minute or two, but it goes away rather quickly. It's rather thin and blends very easily so you only need a small amount (the pump is easy to just press part way). Use it just one night and the next morning you'll already notice how much smoother and softer your skin is, and the flakies will be going "bye bye." I have normal/combo skin but my forehead sometimes gets a little dry (could it be the hairspray?) but this really helps smooth that area out. It attends to your dry areas without exacerbating the oily ones. I've had no break out issues with this at all.
As it's marketed for body, it's also great for those dry bumpy elbows (you know the ones you get from resting your elbow on an armrest for hours at at time?) or for the grown in hairs on the backs or your arms? (or...heaven forbid - your butt!?)

I tend to use this more so in the winter, as AHA's can make you more sensitive to the sun. (It will also fade your self-tan, since it is an exfoliator). My winter staple. The only place I don't like to use this is my hands. It has a bit of a sticky after feel that I only notice on my hands but isn't an issue on my body or face. It would be great to apply this with a q-tip to just my cuticles though. Definitely one of those multi-use, multi-purpose things you can't do without!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by gursk

Magic lotion. I always have it on hand. They've just changed the bottle, but the lotion is still magical.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is great! I use it strictly on my neck, torso and bikini line. Does wonders for my ingrown hairs and it make my chest glow :) I am blessed with a toned color all over my body, but I am cursed with hair growth on my chest and neck, so after waxing and/or plucking, this formula is a must for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by SRTM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: Smooths rough, dead skin in 3 days (for me). A more even skin tone after 2 weeks. When used on elbows and knees, bumps become less. Over time, skin develops a glow. Reduces ingrown hairs due to waxing/shaving. Paraben free and perfume free!

Cons: Pricey, even when it's on sale. More of a liquid than a cream. At times, texture of lotion changes. Slightly sour, yogurt-like scent. Do not use after shaving or waxing. May sting if this is your first time using Glycolic Acid.

Other Notes: If you suffer from dry, flaky, rough, bumpy skin with dark patches and uneven skin tone, this is definitely a lotion to try. I have heard others try this on their face and has had good results. I just wouldn't recommend it if you are prone to breakouts because this lotion contains petrolatum. I have been using this lotion for nearly 3 years. It's great!