September 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie--Pagan Angel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by domonique815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is like a love/hate relationship.
Cons:
-The bullet WNW has just got too go. The cap isn't sturdy. I had my for a week in my make up bag and it has lost the lid and and it got chipped. And then about a month later the cap broke. Just not my favorite.
-The color is too shiny for my liking.
-Doesn't last as long as most WNW matte lippys.
Pros:
-Even though it has a dewy finish, it is still very pigmented.
-Also a great way to max other lipstick darker. I've discovered that if I want a grey lip I mix My WNW Pagan Angel with My Elf Lip Pen (color not sure of, but it is a nude with a pinky undertone in matte) and it creates a beautiful grey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very rich smooth and pigmented black every black i ever bought sucked honestly this one takes the cake it doesnt last long sadly well maybe my lips are just drier than the sahara lol but i its very cheap and nice i reccomend if you need a nice cheap black pick this up

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes Lord! A black lipstick that doesn't look like motor oil or sharpie! I love this lipstick! Not only is the formula amazing, the color payoff is awesome! If you're looking for a good priced black lippie, this is definitely the one!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by xpartypanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use black lipstick a whole lot, but when I do I use this gem. Pagan Angel is a black lipstick with a glossy finish to it, looks good- but was hoping for more of a matte finish. I do have a slight grievance with it though when it comes to the lipstick bullet itself. It doesn't go all the way down in the tube and I don't know how many times that I've clipped the lipstick with the cap. But the packaging is pretty nice, the typical Fergie Wet N Wild lipstick casing in a shiny silver and black color range and the clear plastic lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT--1/7/14
I've tried this product over a month after I last wore it and I am honestly stunned. The black is opaque. I'm talking a deep, dark, absolute black. I layered it more than I used to and the result is amazing, especially for a drugstore product. The odd thing is, the lipstick is much creamier and easier to work with than it was originally. It just glides right on, it doesn't feel drying at all--in fact, for me it's a bit moisturizing. It's funny how a product can be horrible at first, and then weeks or months later it's wonderful.
I want to stress that I disagree with what I originally wrote about this product. This is, by all means, not a "get what you pay for" lipstick--this is comparable to high end lipstick. It's creamy and dark and opaque--not to mention cruelty-free and inexpensive.
Changing my rating from four lippies to five, and I would buy it again. I recommend this product--give it a chance, and like all dark lipsticks, work with it.

(Original review)
Because I had such a good experience with other Wet 'N' Wild products, and because this was the only black drugstore lipstick in existence, I was very excited to purchase this.
I did not have results like the previous reviewers.
Firstly, the packaging is typical WNW lipstick packaging--the bullet of the lipstick can never go all the way down, so you must be very careful to not hit the lipstick when taking the cap on and off.
The shape of the bullet is different than the MegaLast line, it's not an awkward circle that's very difficult to apply, instead, it's typical lipstick shaped, if that makes any sense.
However, when I applied it, the colour was very streaky and sheer. I could never get it opaque, no matter how many layers I applied. My natural lip colour was always managing to show through the black, which is not what I personally look for in a black lipstick. It has a slight sheen to it, it's not matte by any means, though I suppose you could use translucent powder to make it matte.
The price, of course, was lovely, and I like WNW for being cruelty-free.
This is one of those "you get what you pay for" sorts of things. If you just want a black lipstick for Halloween or a one-time event, this could be fine, but if black lipsticks are part of your style, then I'd suggest saving up money for something better. I know I am.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love black lipstick. I've been wearing it since I was twelve, and it's always been a staple. I began to shy away from it over the years, but I've always, always wanted an affordable, accessible product that I could buy if the mood struck. Well, here it is!
I didn't want to buy Lime Crime right now, and the lip tar I purchased didn't do what I wanted. I finally found reviews for this and thought I'd give it a try. For the low cost, it wouldn't even put a dent in my change jar.

It goes on smooth without pressing, but you can't backtrack the swipe. By that I mean, you have to go in one direction, or it'll be kind of streaky. Once it's on though, it seems to stay pretty well. I bought it this evening and it lasted a couple of hours, so that's good. There wasn't much feathering without lip liner, so that's a bonus for me. It doesn't feel sticky, and it's not particularly drying but I'd still put a balm underneath. I tossed on a bit of lip tar to match and it came out beautifully.

I'd recommend it for anybody, even if it's just for the Halloween season. I personally wear this year round, because WHY NOT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dyoung2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this lipstick! I've been looking for a black lipstick in the drugstores but since it's not the Halloween time of year, they're pretty hard to find. Enter the Wet N Wild Fergie collection. After a hunt for it, I finally got my hands on Pagan Angel. For me the color is really rich and opaque. It's not too drying on the lips, either, which is nice. Also, can't beat the cheap price! My only complaint is the packaging. Why does WNW insist on the 'lipstick that won't retract all the way, so there's a possibility you might smush the lipstick into the lid' design? However, the packaging does look more expensive than WNW's Mega Last lipstick.

If you're looking for a black lipstick (or are the adventurous type!), I definitely recommend this product.