Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm-Sweet Violet

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/18/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Took a risk on the violet color, as I usually stick to very neutral or coral tones (which complement my fair, neutral skin, blonde hair, and green eyes).

Glad I did...the color is beautiful; sheer (gets sheerer after a few minutes, so don't be afraid to apply quite a bit at first); just the right pop of violet with a neutral eye and bronzer or violet toned/neutral blush.

I keep it in my purse because I hate sticky lip gloss (even though it looks good, it's usually only for less than a minute) and I don't always like to wear lipstick. Love to have this for a quick pop of color I don't have to worry about overapplying. Perfect for spring! Brightens up my face, and not too clownish for my 30 year old professional day job :)

Only gripe: Gets a little gritty...maybe it's drying up? Don't know. Not as moisturizing as the Nourishing Mango lip balm.

on 6/14/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Smell like plum+plastic. When you first apply it, it taste like bubble gum, then plum, but with a nasty waxy taste ugh... it is pretty pigmented and gives a soft violet color to your lips. however, this is just too freaking expensive for a tinted lip balm! almost 8 dollars! def. not worth it

on 5/20/2013 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Having fallen in love with the Hibiscus shade in these products, I wanted to try a completely different shade. I saw the new shades had come out and decided to give Sweet Violet a try. The packaging would lead you to believe this to be a very bright purple-ish shade but its actually a very soft, sheer berry. Although Hibiscus is still my favorite of the 2, I do really like this as my lips are heavily pigmented naturally and this shade gives them just the right amount of color without being too bright or overwhelming. I also agree with the prior reviewer that if you're looking for a lot of pigment, try the Red dalia shade.

on 1/27/2013 3:01:00 PM

This is one of the 3 new colors--a coolish pink-violet, nice for spring. My problem with these new shades is that they are sheerer, and I have pale lips that need color. If you do too, try one of the older, darker & pigmented shades, like Red Dahlia.