FLOWER Beauty Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara-Black

2.6

on 1/3/2015 4:44:00 PM

I bought this for half price at Walmart. I really like it as it doesn't irritate my eyes and goes on with a dry yet workable formula. It is natural, not clumpy looking, and the brown shade accentuates my eyes.

on 12/21/2014 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased this mascara because I needed a new one and this was only $3.50, but I think the normal price is around $7.00. First of all, this is very natural looking, so don't expect a lot of length/volume without lots of coats. I don't mind that myself, as I prefer a no-makeup makeup look, but this is not the mascara you want for drama. It doesn't clump, which I appreciate. It's is available in four shades, including brown, which can be hard to find. I wore it once for about six hours and when I went to wash it off, I saw that it had smudged and flaked. This was in cold weather and just I wore it around the house and then out to dinner, so it's not like I ran a marathon or anything. I returned it the next day. I will say that the packaging in this line is very pretty and I love the philosophy of no advertising to keep the prices low.

PROS:
Reasonably priced
Beautiful packaging
Available in four shades, including brown
Doesn't clump

CONS:
Not a lot of length/volume
Poor wear time

on 2/23/2014 5:01:00 PM

This is a wispy, natural looking mascara. It gets a four for no-makeup makeup days and is not at all dramatic.

PACKAGE - Very attractive.

BRUSH/APPLICATION - This has a silicone brush, which is my personal preferance. I find that have have to apply several swipes over my lashes even for a natural result.

LENGTH/VOLUME - I would not say that it is very lengthening or volumizing at all. I use this on minimal makeup days, so that is ok for what I use it for.

STAYING POWER - If you rub your eyes after a few hours, this will come off.

IRRITATION - I have extremely sensitive eyes, but this does not bother them at all.

OVERALL - Though I can't say exactly why, I really love this mascara. I think it looks great for defining your natural lashes, but it does not add to them. If you like drama, you should skip this one. But, if you like to have natural looking makeup, give it a try.

on 4/30/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bough this at Walmart a few weeks ago when the line first showed up in stores. I was really excited to try the waterproof version as I'm on the hunt for a cruelty free waterproof mascara that will hold my curl. For reference I have straight, pointing a bit down lashes that I curl with my Shiseido curler and "cure" the curl with waterproof mascara. I have never had a non waterproof mascara hold a curl on my whack lashes. Anyways back to this mascara. I liked the packaging. It was pretty and sleek. The brush is like an hourglass shape and the bristles are the rubber/plastic type. The brush was a bit too big for my liking. The mascara held a curl and provided some length and a teeny bit of volume and I would have repurchased EXCEPT that it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to remove. It was ridiculous! I used a duo phase remover and after ten minutes there was only a smidge on the cotton pad. Another ten minutes with some straight oil and there were some flakes on the cotton pad but I could see there was still mascara on my lashes. I had to practically scrub the rest off with a combination of oil and duo phase remover. With other waterproof mascaras such as maybelline it takes 5-10 minutes for the mascara to dissolve. I don't have time for this Flower wp kind of cr@p. therefore I will NOT be repurchasing this. I give it one star for pretty packaging and one star to being cruelty free.

on 1/27/2013 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the look of the tube on this mascara. A dark brown with gold printing. The brush is a "figure 8" (rounded & larger at both ends, cinched in middle) with rubber spikes & applies the mascara very smoothly & grabs each lash. It did not do anything extreme & it didn't do much to make my lashes look any longer or thicker. It smells vaguely of licorice.
$6.98 for .25oz/7g at WalMart