October 25, 2014 | 1560 users online

Nails - Sonia Kashuk - Stop Whining

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by k8rush

I picked up this Sonia Kashuk nail polish from Target a couple weeks ago. It's a deep wine color, I would say ox blood would be a good description of the color.

The first coat goes on fairly opaque, but definitely lighter than what appears in the bottle. It looks almost like a berry red color. After applying a second coat, the polish looks like the color in the bottle.

I didn't noticed much streaking, it was actually fairly easy to apply, especially for someone who doesn't paint their nails often and usually does a terrible job. What was most surprising about this nail polish is that I didn't experience any staining, especially since the color is so dark. Another thing I liked about this color is that there isn't any sparkle in it, it's just a shiny finish.

You can't go wrong with this nail polish, it's dirt cheap ($4.79) and I would say the color is comparable to Essie Carry On, Deborah Lippmann Walk Away Renee, and Butter London La Moss. I would definitely keep Sonia Kashuk's nail polishes in mind next time I have the urge to buy a new nail polish.