April 19, 2014 | 1296 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - gud Orange Petalooza Natural Nourishing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

I found it very hard to rinse out, and very hard to get all of it out of the bottle. I like that it's not tested on animals, and it smells really good. That is if you like fruity/sweet smells.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I think Gud is Bad. Very very bad. The one good thing I can say about it is that it smells amazing. However it left my hair so tangled and still feeling greasy. I lost clumps of hair while trying to comb through all the knots in my hair even after using the matching conditioner. I was enthusiastic to try it as I am a fan of Burts Bees however this one is an epic fail, don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is actually a very good, gentle shampoo for my hair. It cleans well without making my hair feel stripped and is not dulling. The smell is amazing- very citrusy and perfect for the summer. I was looking for the ruby red grapefruit scent but couldn't find it so I bought this scent instead. It is a strong scent and does linger in my hair so a note of caution for those who cannot tolerate strong scented items. This is considered a natural shampoo, so it isn't entirely organic. I love the bright bottles and the fact that it has a flip cap. It lathers just enough and it usually retails for about eight dollars and some change but I was able to get this for five dollars at CVS, so I recommend waiting for sales.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First, the scent is wonderful and long-lasting; it's an absolute pleasure to breathe as I wash my hair. It's a citrus-y blood orange fragrance that smells nice inside the bottle and out.
The consistency and texture of the shampoo is a little thin and slightly runny, but smooth and actually lathers pretty well.
Overall, this product left my hair shiny, soft, and hydrated. I would definitely purchase again (I actually stocked up with six bottles of shampoo and conditioner during a clearance event at my local Walgreens).
This product is not what I would consider "all natural" by any means, but since natural is a relative, broad term we'll go with it. It does contain some fragrance which a rep. said is naturally derived. It also contains a less harsh sulfate (sodium coco-sulfate which is essentially the same thing as sodium lauryl sulfate, just not as a strong). It DOES NOT contain parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals because no one likes excess formaldehyde or reproductive system altering chemicals. I'll tolerate certain sulfates in some of my items (I pick and choose); I'm more wary of petrochemicals and parabens.

Ingredients: water, sodium coco-sulfate, sodium bis-hydroxyethylglycinate coco-glucosides crosspolymer, oryza sativa (rice) extract, fragrance, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, betaine, hibiscus sabdariffa flower*, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract*, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract*, thymus vulgaris (thyme) leaf extract*, urtica dioica (nettle) leaf extract*, origanum vulgare leaf oil*, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil*, sodium lauroyl lactylate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, lauryl lactyl lactate, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, sodium chloride, disodium cocoyl glutamate, potassium sorbate, lactic acid, xanthan gum, sodium polyaspartate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, hydrolyzed jojoba protein, arginine, leuconostoc ferment filtrate, ascorbic acid, citric acid, alcohol denat. *Organic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the new shampoo line from Burt's Bees - Orange Petalooza Natural Nourishing. Just like the body wash, it smells divinely like blood oranges. It has a rich, creamy lather that makes my hair silky smooth. I could almost skip conditioner. The scent is clean and fresh, and not overpowering. It's $6.99, which is a great deal! Give this a try!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No