MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Antique Diamond

4.3

on 11/9/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

According to "they" (y'know, as in "they say...."), I should be avoiding products like this, with shimmer but I think "they" are wrong and when you're my age, some strategically placed shimmer can be far more brightening and flattering than matte, dry, dull looking products. SO that, in part, explains why I purchased this lovely green/pewter Paint Pot. The other factor was a whopping (I'm being sarcastic) 10% off at The Bay on cosmetics if you paid with your Bay card. Well, all y'all know how often you get any sort of sale at MAC....NEVER!!! So I purchased this to use as a base and as an eyeshadow in its own right.

It is such a pretty colour, though awfully sheer and quite glittery. I missed out on MAC's Modern Pewter Extra Dimension eyeshadow and purchased this since it's sort of a dupe. It works so beautifully as a base under other shadows, enhancing both how they show up and how they last. Pigmentation on this shade could be a bit more intense (MAC is really lacking in a nice green Paint Pot ever since Greenstroke was discontinued), hence the 4 lippie rating. In some ways, I think a 4 is a bit high but 3 lippies would be a bit harsh and unfairly low. I really enjoy the Paint Pots I have (most deliver more in terms of finish and pigmentation) and Antique Diamond is no exception though I'm not entirely sure I would repurchase it.

on 8/9/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Love this-- a very pretty long lasting silver that looks creamy but is quite powdery as well. Makes a nice base and looks stunning on its own as well. If I don't have much time to do my eyes, just putting this on my lids with some black eyeliner is one of my favorite looks. Yes, I would buy this again. It is easy to apply as well because you don't need a brush and can use your fingers. The color is very buildable as well. I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These have a very creamy, smooth consistency that makes application quick and easy. You can apply these with your fingers or a brush, but I prefer my fingers. Of course, with them being a part of the Pro Longwear family, they're incredibly long-lasting. They last for least 14 hours. They're fantastic as just a pretty lid wash, worn with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I haven't tried them with UDPP, but I don't think I need to. These, as I've experienced, are very long lasting!
Antique Diamond is a frosted muted green that I would say is a cross between sage green and olive, although MAC describes it as a "bright olive-gray". I think this a very interesting, unique shade that would serve as a great addition to any Paint Pot collection. I like it worn with a neutral brown on the outer lid, or for something more dramatic, a silver on the inner lid and black on the outer lid and into the crease.
Each jar is 5g/0.17 oz., retailing for $18.50 each. It sounds pricey, but since a little product goes a very long way, one jar will be sure to last you forever, so it's worth the price.
Would I repurchase? Yes.