MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Chilled on Ice

on 8/5/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I loved the color but it doesn't go on as smoothly as the cream paint pots without shimmer, such as Bare Study. There's something about the shimmer formula that causes it to wear unevenly and it's not great as an eyeshadow base for powder shadows. Even the gold shimmer goes on in a choppy fashion. There are patches of shimmer rather than a uniform effect. I've tried using different brushes and I'm never pleased with this.

In spite of the name Pro Longwear, it does not last as well as the cream/non-shimmery colors. Therefore I don't use this Paint Pot very much. I would have been better off to buy a less exciting color such as Soft Ochre, which I snapped up a few years ago. I did use that one almost daily, until I ran out of it. By then I was bored with the color. I almost wish they would make the glass containers smaller and charge less for them, for those of us who crave variety. I'm sure I will "Back 2 MAC" this before I've used it up.

I would not buy "Chilled on Ice" again.

on 10/21/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I find this gets all over my face so I have to apply it previous to foundation. Great once I got used to it but find it more gold than pink which is what I bought it for

on 8/16/2014 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this paint pot. The colour is gorgeous peachy golden with sparkly glitter. It's easy to apply especially under eyeshadow. Gives a sheer wash of colour or a more dramatic look depending on your mood. Overall very happy will repurchase.

on 5/28/2013 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is beautiful! I simply adore this primer, and it has made me neglect my beloved Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I thought would never happen. I love this product on my NW10 skin because it is a very pretty wash of champagne gold/pink chalked full of twinkling gold glitter. Some people might call it obnoxious but I'm a bit of a closet drag queen. I have worn it on it's own as a shadow and it layers wonderfully to build on it's sheer color. The glitter doesn't even settle in my creased, hooded eyelids, so queue the chorus of angels.

Back to how it performs as a primer! Amazing! It enhances every satin finish shadow I wear (I don't bother with mattes as this primer would defeat the purpose) to make it more multidimensional. Stays all day, night, then the next day on the weekends when I party a bit too much. Also shadows are incredibly easy to blend on top of this. I am going to buy more of these pro longwear paint pot's now. How could I help myself? 5/5!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These have a very creamy, smooth consistency that makes application quick and easy. You can apply these with your fingers or a brush, but I prefer my fingers. Of course, with them being a part of the Pro Longwear family, they're incredibly long-lasting. They last for least 14 hours. They're fantastic as just a pretty lid wash, worn with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I haven't tried them with UDPP, but I don't think I need to. These, as I've experienced, are very long lasting!
Chilled on Ice is a repromote from the Cham-Pale collection. It's a pretty shade that I would describe as frosted very pale gold with gold shimmer. But unlike the Chilled on Ice from the Cham-Pale collection, this one isn't just pure glitter without pigmentation; this one is actually pigmented! It's too light for my NC35 complexion, so I can only wear it as a highlight, but it'd look great on fairer skintones.
Each jar is 5g/0.17 oz., retailing for $18.50 each. It sounds pricey, but since a little product goes a very long way, one jar will be sure to last you forever, so it's worth the price.
Would I repurchase? No.