MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot

4.3

on 3/3/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have really oily eyelids, and nothing tends to stay on them for a day. I was just browsing on the MAC website and I saw the paint pots! I read a couple of reviews and decided to purchase 3.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the paint pot, it has screw lid which means you can dip in a brush, or use your finger, I tend to use my finger. The pot itself is glass and a thick bottom and a black lid. I am a little scared that they are glass! I dread to think what would happen if I dropped one!

Formula- The formula of the paint pots is smooth, creamy,velvet like texture with a medium sort of thickness. A little goes a long way with this formula which I love! I have had mine for around 4 months now and the one that I use everyday has a tiny indent.

Wear/Look/Feel- I apply the paint pots with my finger, then sweep over my eye lid. You can use the paint pots as...
Simple eyeshadow by itself
A base for other colours, such as silver for blue or a brown for pinky tones
A general eyeshadow base, pick a shade close to your natural colour and use it as primer.

I have tried all the above and they all work extremely well. They are pigmented and you do not need a lot to see some colour. They are fabulous if like me sometimes you feel lazy so you just want to chuck something on these are perfect for that, they look beautiful on there own, especially a nice pink! They are also super easy to blend with brushes or fingers. I cannot not use them, they are a staple in my makeup collection! As for wear, they stay on my lids all day. Remember I have oily lids! I was very pleased when I learnt that it had stayed on through work. I have sensitive eyes, and I tend to rub my eyes a lot at work as I am constantly staring at a screen. They don't budge much at all when you rub eyes, I am not saying that you can rub really hard and be like ' why isnt it staying on' I am just saying that if you accidentally rub your eyes, it will not be the end of the world!
I have the colours Camel Coat, which I use everyday, Groundwork for when I want a bit more of a darker colour for the day, say a wedding or a day shopping or a lunch date, then I have Constructivist which a lovely deep bronzy brown for nights out, meals out, parties etc.
Mac's descriptions of the paint pots are- A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The next generation of a popular MAC formula, Paint Pots maintains all the intense traits of its inspiration. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with MAC shadows and liners. Available in satin, cream, frost, and pearl formulas.
I totally agree with how pigmented they are, and I agree that they arent cakey even if you shovel it on! They do blend smoothly and the amount of finishes you can choose from is fab! But please bring some new colours out soon!!

Price- I am 60/40 on the price of these, for 15.50 you get 5g/0.17 us 0z which is a good amount. If you are going to use these as just eye shadows they are expensive, but as primer/base they are cheap as urban decay ones retail for around 19. However the reason I am so happy to pay for these is because they are so versatile. They have so so so so many uses!! You could use a pink shade as blush, a lighter creamy, silvery shade as a highlighter. They look fab on their own, with other paint pots, with other powder eyeshadows and work extremely well with any type of liner, gel, pen or pencil.

Overall- You know that feeling when you have found a product that you just really really really like? Yep, I am getting that now! I can't praise these enough. I am looking at getting some for more shades. I cant wait to get my hands on a nice rosey pink for spring/summer! If you dont want to buy one without try it first, look on ebay! They are usually on there discounted as some people have swatched/tested them :) perfeccct!

Dupe- Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24Hr cream gel shadow- retail at 4.99 at boots. I have tried these and I can say they are a good dupe but they do not compare to the paint pot at all. MAC Paint pot all the way!!

on 2/25/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this in Soft Ochre and LOVE that shade. I noticed its part of the "pro Longwear" line now but in all honesty I just think they changed the name to sell it more since the "pro Longwear" line is quite popular.
Does it last and stay crease-free?
No. Not on me. I put it on and put eyeshadow over, it creased and I felt it made my shadow fade sooner
No matter how much I put on whether it be a smaller or larger amount.
I honestly thought they would change this so it would be the same or similar formula as the "Chromaline" jar liners which lasts s sooo long on my waterline and lids. (Sometimes use the shade Pure White as a shadow base)

Being as I'm more olive toned the "Pure White" Chromaline sorta... Looks harsh and I wanted a more Fleshtoned shade like Soft Ochre.

I won't be buying it again honestly. Quite disappointed.

on 6/29/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE MAC..... That being said the pro longwear paint pot is really excellent. I have the indianwood color and it looks very nice in darker as does most brown to gold toned eye shadows. I put this product on without any primer and it stayed for 13 hrs; I didn't change my eyes all day.

on 3/8/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

DO YOU WANT PERFECT EYESHADOW, CREASE FREE ALL DAY?! Then this product is a must for anyones makeup collection. I use this religiously when I want to apply eye shadow. By smoothing a small amount onto eye lids with fingers - slightly dabbing to finish. Then apply eye shadow as normal. SIMPLE. Stays perfect all day. The colour I have is Rubenesque, which comes out a shimmery coral colour. However, it isn't as bold as it looks in the jar, quite subtle.

on 1/19/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use mine (painterly) as a primer and it IS GREAT!!!!

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

Makes your eyeshadow look UUUUUhmazing :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Paint Pots + the Pro Longwear collection? I just HAD to have these. As soon as they were available on the MAC website, I hauled up 6 of the 9 available shades: Chilled on Ice, Let's Skate, Vintage Selection, Frozen Purple, and Antique Diamond. The other shades available are Let Me Pop, Blackground, and Dangerous Curvee. Most of these shades are repromotes from the limited edition Glitter & Ice and Cham-Pale collections. Pro Longwear Paint Pots are permanent!
But you can be sure I'll be picking up the rest of the other shades! For the most part, these are pretty much the same as Paint Pots. They have the same creamy smooth consistency, same formula, same packaging, same amount of product per jar, and same price. Of course, with them being a part of the Pro Longwear family, they're supposed to be longer lasting--and they are. I've been wearing this in Vintage Selection for 14 hours now, and it still looks perfect! They're fantastic as just a pretty lid wash, worn with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I haven't tried them with UDPP, but I don't think I need to. These, as I've experienced, are very long lasting! Paint Pots, on the other hand, last 12 hours on me (without UDPP). So the wear time isn't a drastic difference.
(Update 5 hours later: I use noticed that the ingredients list for this is the exact same as Paint Pots. WTF?!)
There are some shades that could improve on the pigmentation and other shades that are opaque, but for the most part, the color pay-off is pretty good. All the shades also have some kind of frost, glitter, or shimmer in them, so if you're looking for a matte base, get Paint Pots instead. I did wish these came in some good matte shades, though.
Honestly, the difference between these and Paint Pots really isn't very dramatic, so if you already own a number of PPs and you don't need more, then you can pass on these. But if you're a huge PP fan and you're just buying these for the sake of having more shades, or if you don't have any PPs, definitely get them! I love my PLW PPs AND my PPs equally!
Each jar is 5g/0.17 oz., retailing for $18.50 each.
Would I repurchase? Definitely!