August 30, 2014 | 982 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Airbrushing Bronzing Veil Deluxe Edition

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have this in the shade Medium to Dark—the only other shade obviously being Light to Medium. It costs around $16, but if you know Physicans Formula, you know that they're high-priced to be a drugstore brand.

First thing's first, the things most of us care about: this bronzer is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, gluten free, & oil free. It's dermatologist approved & non-comedogenic. I wear this bronzer both alone & over makeup; I prefer it alone though. Because I already have dark (NC45) skin, I don't need this to give me a tan. I want more of a sun kiss/glow. I don't use it to contour my cheeks or anything like that.

Some people don't like how shimmery it is. If you know me, you know glitter & I are best friends! If you don't like that, don't bother with this because it has a lot. If you don't apply it lightly & build, you'll definitely get more shimmer than bronzing. The only con I have with this is how light it is. It's described as a "luxurious, light bronze veil." It really is light… too light for me to contour, like I said. I expected it to be a lot more pigmented. I can't honestly say whether or not I'll buy another because I want to see if I like the colour/pigmentation this fall/winter. If you are someone who needs to tan or add some colour to your look, I recommend this bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product alot! it last all day especially with any sort of primer. the only thing that held me back from giving it a 5 is the fact that it broke on me.. but then again I'm a clutz so being that its been in my makeup bag in my purse is a little forgiving.. who knows when my purse was moves or even pushed off my desk (I work with kids).. and another plus is that I usually throw out any brush that comes with a drugstore brand makeup but the brush that came with this is actually soft and useable! great for the price, no complaints here :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC30, fairly yellow/olive and I really enjoy using this bronzer in the medium to dark shade. It is subtle but makes a noticeable difference on my face... something people see but don't consciously notice unless I point it out. That's the best part.

It's a little pricey for a drugstore bronzer but with coupons you could find it for a good price. I bought it with a $5 off $10 which made it about $9 at Ulta. The staying power also is pretty good. I do use a face primer and a setting powder, just to note, but it lasts me my entire 8-hour workdays which is what I look for in a product.

Warning: It's very shimmery! I really like to use only this along with a highlighter and no blush on as it gives me a very sunkissed glow, especially with the shimmer. I prefer not to contour with this but do find that it's doable. The shimmer is quite noticeable in light. I believe this is a great bronzer for those who seek a sunkissed healthy glow. It's subtle but you can build up on it a bit to make it more noticeable. I would definitely repurchase when (if...) I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by krsgarcia

It's quite difficult to find a bronzer that's appropriate for my skin tone; any other drugstore bronzer would still be too light or similar to my natural shade. I was hesitant to try Physician's Formula because of the price, but after reading countless reviews I caved.

And boy am I glad I did! I'm currently using the shade Medium-Dark and you can actually see the pigmentation on my face! I love it so much ♥ I also learned that by using a foundation that's a shade slightly lighter than your natural makes a difference (my face has some uneven tones), and bronzing your face is even better.

My only critique other than the price range would have to be the shimmer on the product. I understand it's for the "glow" but I noticed that the shimmer transfers profusely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I'm in love with this bronzer. I have fair skin so bronzer can be tricky to pull off at times... Sometimes it looks too orange, too dark, or too muddy. This bronzer in the light to medium shade is perfection. It's the perfect color for my fair skin. The downside: this bronzed has crazy shimmer. I might even call it glitter. It doesn't look natural on the skin and it makes it hard to wear on a day to day basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently close to an N5 in MAC matchmaster; I'm typically around NC40 but got a lot of sun in a recent vacay.

This bronzer is awesome! The medium to dark shade is perfect! It has shimmer and since I've been a little on the dry side lately it looks great for me but I can see it being too heavy if you are oily.

Fades a teensy bit about an hour after application but its also really easy to overapply, as the color is really saturated; in the end its evens out to a natural gorgeous glow and I can't believe it's available at the DS price point. Love!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to spot these new bronzers at Rite Aid. They retail $16, but with a sale and some coupons, they're almost half off. I got both the "light to medium" (a tan bronze shade) and "medium to dark" (a coppery bronze). These bronzers are huge (hence the deluxe in the name) and have a beautiful starburst like design. The finish isn't shimmery or matte, but "glow-like." They're both very pigmented and because my skin is so light now (due to the wintry season), I had to be careful about my application. I wished PF had also come up with a peach or even red-tone bronzer/blusher...otherwise, these new bronzers are a must-have!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No