Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Airbrushing Bronzing Veil Deluxe Edition

3.6

on 3/16/2015 10:20:00 AM

I like this bronzer quite a bit. The main reason is that it's light, and therefore a good bronzer to use in winter when you want a little colour but don't want to look obviously tanned. You could build it up for a more intense look for night-time or summertime use.

The gold shimmer is an overspray and once you get past that (which only takes a few uses) it is no longer glittery. The gold is so pretty but once it's gone the product actually works much better. At my age I steer clear of glitter and the first couple of times I used this I was horrified. But now that I've gotten through the overspray it's fine.

The packaging is a bit bulky, but it does come with a brush so I will let the bulky packaging go. The brush is not the greatest or softest, but it's handy to have it in the package while on the go.

Overall a good product but I'm not sure that I'd repurchase, simply because I like to try out different bronzers.

on 2/16/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Edit: I just watched Emily Noel review a Physician's Formula Argon blush and when she lamented over the gold overlay sprayed on that product light dawned. Mid-video I was scraping off the beautiful design and gold leaf on my bronzer. It is now MUCH less 'radiant' though it does absolutely give a glow, only with fewer overt sparkly notes. Why Physician's Formula?? Why??

This is actually something I may be able to use more now. Still wouldn't repurchase because, surely there's a better way to present a product than to dust it with gold. I had to deduct some lippies for that.

I picked this up because I've seen so many YouTube videos extolling the Happiness Booster blushes by Physician's Formula that I wanted to try something from the line. Unfortunately, I already own similar shades or they didn't suit me. The bronzer looked promising, especially since PF products are supposed to have good payoff. I chose this beautiful, generously sized and attractively packaged bronze veil without benefit of tester because my dry skin was looking flat, despite my usual finishing powder magic. Ordinarily, I wouldn't touch something with this much obvious shimmer but desperate, dull-skin times call for something new.

This is shimmery but it's not a glittery or tacky shine. The payoff is a coppery sheen with subtle sparkles. But it does sparkle (and shimmer). I dust this along the perimeter of my face and along the top of my cheeks and follow it with a light dusting of a matte finishing powder (like No More Pores, the flattest powder in my arsenal).

Used this sparingly I will never hit pan in my lifetime and that is the only reason I won't repurchase. I simply won't ever need to. And, I gave it a 3 for a really silly reason. My first makeup purchases were drugstore products and, in the beginning, I assumed something looked bad or off because I didn't know what I was doing. I think more information on the packaging would help buyers understand just what they're getting, the finish it'll provide and how best to use it.

on 1/20/2015 10:00:00 AM

This is the best perfecting glowing bronzer I've ever used. The pigmentation is soft, but buildable. Its got the perfect amount of shimmer ,it reminds me of victorias secret. I use it on top of my alba botanica cc cream, then i top it off with the sonia Kashuk chic luminosity highlighter cream stick,and the results are so incredibly angelic. I use the bronzer with the ecotools bronzer brush, and this didn't feel powdery at all. It feels so creamy, but keeps my skin from getting oily. The price is extremely worth the quality.

on 1/6/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It lacks pigment

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shade Medium to Dark—the only other shade obviously being Light to Medium. It costs around $16, but if you know Physicans Formula, you know that they're high-priced to be a drugstore brand.

First thing's first, the things most of us care about: this bronzer is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, gluten free, & oil free. It's dermatologist approved & non-comedogenic. I wear this bronzer both alone & over makeup; I prefer it alone though. Because I already have dark (NC45) skin, I don't need this to give me a tan. I want more of a sun kiss/glow. I don't use it to contour my cheeks or anything like that.

Some people don't like how shimmery it is. If you know me, you know glitter & I are best friends! If you don't like that, don't bother with this because it has a lot. If you don't apply it lightly & build, you'll definitely get more shimmer than bronzing. The only con I have with this is how light it is. It's described as a "luxurious, light bronze veil." It really is light… too light for me to contour, like I said. I expected it to be a lot more pigmented. I can't honestly say whether or not I'll buy another because I want to see if I like the colour/pigmentation this fall/winter. If you are someone who needs to tan or add some colour to your look, I recommend this bronzer!

on 1/7/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I liked this product alot! it last all day especially with any sort of primer. the only thing that held me back from giving it a 5 is the fact that it broke on me.. but then again I'm a clutz so being that its been in my makeup bag in my purse is a little forgiving.. who knows when my purse was moves or even pushed off my desk (I work with kids).. and another plus is that I usually throw out any brush that comes with a drugstore brand makeup but the brush that came with this is actually soft and useable! great for the price, no complaints here :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm NC30, fairly yellow/olive and I really enjoy using this bronzer in the medium to dark shade. It is subtle but makes a noticeable difference on my face... something people see but don't consciously notice unless I point it out. That's the best part.

It's a little pricey for a drugstore bronzer but with coupons you could find it for a good price. I bought it with a $5 off $10 which made it about $9 at Ulta. The staying power also is pretty good. I do use a face primer and a setting powder, just to note, but it lasts me my entire 8-hour workdays which is what I look for in a product.

Warning: It's very shimmery! I really like to use only this along with a highlighter and no blush on as it gives me a very sunkissed glow, especially with the shimmer. I prefer not to contour with this but do find that it's doable. The shimmer is quite noticeable in light. I believe this is a great bronzer for those who seek a sunkissed healthy glow. It's subtle but you can build up on it a bit to make it more noticeable. I would definitely repurchase when (if...) I ever run out.

on 10/30/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It's quite difficult to find a bronzer that's appropriate for my skin tone; any other drugstore bronzer would still be too light or similar to my natural shade. I was hesitant to try Physician's Formula because of the price, but after reading countless reviews I caved.

And boy am I glad I did! I'm currently using the shade Medium-Dark and you can actually see the pigmentation on my face! I love it so much ♥ I also learned that by using a foundation that's a shade slightly lighter than your natural makes a difference (my face has some uneven tones), and bronzing your face is even better.

My only critique other than the price range would have to be the shimmer on the product. I understand it's for the "glow" but I noticed that the shimmer transfers profusely!

on 8/31/2013 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm in love with this bronzer. I have fair skin so bronzer can be tricky to pull off at times... Sometimes it looks too orange, too dark, or too muddy. This bronzer in the light to medium shade is perfection. It's the perfect color for my fair skin. The downside: this bronzed has crazy shimmer. I might even call it glitter. It doesn't look natural on the skin and it makes it hard to wear on a day to day basis.

on 5/17/2013 11:09:00 AM

I'm currently close to an N5 in MAC matchmaster; I'm typically around NC40 but got a lot of sun in a recent vacay.

This bronzer is awesome! The medium to dark shade is perfect! It has shimmer and since I've been a little on the dry side lately it looks great for me but I can see it being too heavy if you are oily.

Fades a teensy bit about an hour after application but its also really easy to overapply, as the color is really saturated; in the end its evens out to a natural gorgeous glow and I can't believe it's available at the DS price point. Love!!!!

Popular Bronzers