April 16, 2014 | 2096 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dazzled

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

When I saw the great reviews on MUA, I decided to try it out. I got it online (cheaper price)- SGD42, instead of in sephora. It does not last at all on me. I use my Body Shop Kabuki brush. It's a lovely colour and it's highly pigmented. But it does not last at all for me which is a great let-down for me. It lasts 2 hours maximum? I live in singapore, so perhaps the humid climate has something to do with this? Perhaps this might work better for you, I would suggest you to get a sample if possible and see how it lasts first. Because I fail too see the promised 12 hours lasting power which had enticed me to buy it despite it's high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by giginicole

I wear this blush almost every day, because it is so flattering and an easy go-to! It's a mauve pink with golden shimmer. It adds brightness and dimension to my cheekbones, and just awakens my face. For more info on this product, check out my video review!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MES

I've been a fan of Tartes cheek stains for a while and finally decided to give their Amazonian Clay Blushes a try. Tartes website lists Dazzled as a soft rose shade, but I find it to be more of a mauve, and almost leaning towards plum. The texture is silky and soft, and this blush is highly pigmented. I'm an NC15-20 and with a light hand this shade is wearable. I really put this blush to the test today, spent a few hours in Downtown Dallas in the 105 degree heat. I did have a primer on underneath, but it lasted through the terrible heat. As a previous reviewer said the shimmer/sparkle doesn't show up once applied. I had almost purchased this a month ago but I wasn't sure about the sparkle, so glad I changed my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my HG blushes.  This is one of three Amazonian Clay blushes that I own and my favorite from that line. I consider this an office-to-evening blush on my NC40-42 skin.  It is a soft rose color with hints of coral, peach, and plum mixed in. It looks as though it would be great for medium-to-medium dark skin tones, possibly even a much broader range.  The color is soft and pretty but can build to be slightly brighter or sheared out to a natural glow.  In the pan, you can see fine shimmer sprinkled through.  However, the shimmer is so fine that it merely creates a sheen on the face, and it does not draw attention to the skin's imperfections.  For these reasons, Dazzled rates very high on my list and is currently in my top 3.

Like most blushes in this line, Dazzled goes on smoothly and is highly blendable.

I notice two unique things about Tarte products on my skin.  I apply them lightly as they darken on my skin over the first 15 min.  Tarte claims these blushes last for 12 hours.  Dazzled lasts about 6-8 hours on me before fading back to the color it was when I first applied it, but it last another two hours at that level before slowly disappearing.  I don't know if others have had this happen but for me - this darken then lighten trend occurs with the entire line, including the eyeshadows.  A light hand is all that is needed since the color deepens on the skin.

The Amazonian clay blushes do cost a bit much but a little goes a long way.  It is easy to fall in love with Tarte blushes.  The popular shades can sometimes be purchased in a kit at a reduced price.  Dazzled is still too new to be in a kit but it is so gorgeous I think that Tarte may add it to one next year - or so I hope!  I was able to purchase Exposed and Free in the Amazonian Escape kit, which is packed in my travel bag for all trips.  I'll write a review on it as well, but the main thing is that the products are beautiful on the skin, and kit pricing more palatable for the average person.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this blush in sephora and loved the color but was put off by the obvious gold shimmer. I am not a fan of shimmery blushes for the most part but I decided to give this one a try anyway. I am very pleased to say that once I apply and blend this blush in I don't see any of the gold shimmer on my face at all, just a lovely soft rose satin finish blush that I really love. This looks very natural on my nw15 skin and is close to the color I naturally flush but better. If exposed didn't work on you (it made me look sunburned) try this! Love this one, would definitely repurchase.
EDIT 2/6/13: Still loving this. I was swatching some of my other blushes next to this and noticed The Perfect Cheek by MAC is very similar to dazzled. It does not have shimmer (on my face dazzled doesn't either) but has a drier texture that doesn't blend as well as tarte dazzled. If you missed the perfect cheek definitely give dazzled a try, they are nearly identical and dazzled has a nicer texture and lasts longer on me.