July 29, 2014 | 986 users online

Lipstick - Burberry - Lip Cover in Bright Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It is great for all seasons because the lipstick can be layered depending on the depth of color that you want. One or two layers yields a very bright and delicate fuchsia and three or four layers gives a deep, plummy-berry color. Many people are turned off by the smell of Burberry cosmetics, but I find that the scent of the lipsticks, like the other Burberry products I have, dissipates quickly and is not very strong to begin with. The color, even with a lot of layering, does not last quite as long as I would expect from a lipstick and fades after about two hours. However, the stain that is left behind is lovely and the formula does not dry out my lips. The one possible downside of this product is the packaging, specifically the lid. The lid is magnetized and the lipstick only closes when the lid has be placed and turned a certain way. Correctly placing/ twisting the lid back on so that is stays closed is not at all difficult but there have been a few times that I have been in a hurry and did not turn the lid properly so the magnet did not work and the cap fell off. This resulted in a few lipstick smudges in my purse that were hard to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The lip covers feel like silk, there is no other lip product for me like them! They not only hydrate the feel so silky, too. This is a very intense dark color, maybe like Dubonet by Mac, so it lasts quite long, esp. with a lip liner. I am afaid the lighter colors of Lip Cover would disappear, but this really does stain and stick around. Works great on NC20-25, green eyes, brown/blonde hair. Very stricking, even better probably if you are cool toned and pale, but I like cool tones on warm skin for the "pop". Highly recommend, just no 5 stars as the formula is not long lasting, just this color due to it's brightness/darkness.