August 23, 2014 | 920 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Air Buffed BB Creme SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
I love that it's not liquid.
Matte
Medium coverage(perfectly perfect)
Great colors.

Cons:
Feels a little thick when on skin
Packaging is a little eehhhh
Hard to get product on brush

After trying maybelline dream matte, I wanted something like that just more high brand. This is perfect. It's not liquid which I love because liquid is a pain to put on every morning. Because it's a little harder to blend in, it makes you put less on which is great. It's paraban free so it's good on my skin. I think all the cons about this are okay to deal with except it feeling a little thick on my skin. I would like it to feel more like a light powder foundation. But this is my go to medium foundation. ( Laura mercier smooth finish powder is my favvv powder. Go check it out)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOW TO MEDIUM COVERAGE - Need to use concealer to cover up hyper pigmentation & spots. the consistency itself feels a bit heavy for a bb cream though.

SAFE FOR SENSITIVE/ ACNE PRONE SKIN - I've only been using this bb creme for a couple of weeks and in this span of time i have not had any major reaction to this product whatsoever.
and according to the ingredients list it's PARABEN FREE so that's a big plus :-)

APPLICATION- unfortunately I don't feel like it blends out very well. I would recommend finding a brush that looks & feels like the brush that comes with this product but bigger because it will take forever to try to use the tiny brush

CONS-
✖ does NOT last all day (creases & looks a tad blotchy after a couple of hours)
✖ unsatisfactory packaging
✖ difficult to apply
✖ a bit costly ($40 @ sephora)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sweetp341983

I figured out how to use this product after several trial and errors. I use my fingers and apply it along with Clinique dramatically different gel moisturizer. Makes my skin look flawless and lasts forever! It definitely needs to be applied with moisture. I feel like the gel helps it spread smooth and even plus doesn't give over hydration. Please try this method if you still have this laying around. It really works! 💁

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

I saw this in Ulta, tested it out on my hand and all seemed well, so I purchased it. When I got it home and actually tried it out on my face it was a disaster! First off, the little brush is pretty useless and mine was shedding bristles right off the bat that stuck to my face. So, OK use it without the included brush. Next I tried using my Real Techniques expert face brush but that only left pasty lines of makeup. So, out came my Beauty Blender to try and buff it into my skin. No luck. This stuff is too thick and applies blotchy on my skin. For reference I bought this product in Snow Glow as I am pretty fair skinned. I finally mixed in some of my Skin 79 BB cream to give this stuff a little more slip and I finally got it blended out. It just looked OK on my skin, nothing special. I gave it another try just for good measure and had the same experience. It has terrible blendability. So, back to the store it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Kerosene10

I love this. It takes a few minutes to apply it, but the staying power makes it worth the extra time....it lasts all day, even in hate heat. Very natural looking but has good coverage. Covers zits, redness, and uneven skin tone without looking like a mask. The best part is, I have VERY sensitive skin and this does not irritate at all. In fact, my skin has cleared up since I switched from Bare Minerals to this. I have a light tan and wear the darkest shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by TheCaptain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff. I tried to use it with the brush and I didn't like how it looked, too cakey and uneven. So I use the RT blending sponge. It looks amazing. Covers up the redness I have in my skin without look like a mask. I set it with PurMinerals powder foundation and it lasts all day. One of my can't live without products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by 00sarahcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I know this product seems to get a lot of bad reviews due to the packaging/brush. However, I actually really like the brush & find that it doesn't irritate my skin, due to it being so soft. I do, however, wash it after every use. I also wipe down the creme & lid about once a week with sterile alcohol wipes my husband bring home to me from the lab. I was a little on the fence about this product, but I read somewhere about applying it with fingers... I like the brush, so I figured that blasting the creme for about 15 seconds with my blowdryer would "warm it up" for use. This was a fantastic tip and now I love this product. I don't own any larger brushes, so I can't comment on that method of application. And, although it it meant to be compact and portable, I only have to apply it once. I do not use any powder and since I've researched more on taking better care of my skin (skincareaddiction @ reddit) I no longer need to use concealer with this creme. Hope someone finds this helpful! I really wanted to love this product & now I've found a way! Although, of course (!) we all wish the price tag wasn't quite so high!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

The very thing which lures people to buy this product is also its downfall: The packaging. The actual product, while not worth $40, isn't terrible in itself. It's a medium coverage BB cream that covers pretty well and actually blends nicely given the right tools.

The packaging, while adorable, is inconvenient and is actually unhygienic. Any time you have a pot which you have to constantly dip things in, you're going to be distributing bacteria.

The brush is horrible. Might as well chuck it. It doesn't pick up product, it feels greasy and gross once its been exposed to the BB cream (even after one application), and it doesn't apply efficiently or effectively. I found myself swirling it in the product, then buffing it on my face, over and over and over just to get good coverage.

I've barely used the brush, and as I run my fingers over it (as I'm doing right now) my fingers feel greasy. This doesn't bode well for the product. I found myself swirling it in the product, then buffing it on my face, over and over and over just to get good coverage.

That said, there are far better ways to apply it. I've found the good old fashioned way is the quickest and most convenient, and is quite effective: Just use your fingers. First, moisturize your face. Don't wait for your moisturizer to dry (primer will also work, and may extend wear). Make sure your hands are clean, then rub three fingers over the product, picking up as much as you like. Then use your fingers to apply the product to your face. The moisturizer will help it blend, and keep it from clinging to any dry patches. You'll get more even distribution this way. You can then use a beauty blender or sponge to stipple over it, eliminating any streakiness. This works very well for me.

You can also use a foundation brush or buffing brush (I like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush OR the ELF Flat-Top powder brush) to pick up and apply the product.

No matter what you do, the packaging makes this product more trouble than it's really worth, especially at a whopping forty bucks. BB creams are meant to be a quick and easy way to get medium coverage as well as skin care benefits. This product doesn't do any of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Mb3131

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB creme/foundation. I bought it in late fall 2013 and have worn one to two times a week since. I switch between this, Estee Lauder Lucidity(?), Bare Minerals, and Clinique Even Better foundation. After 5 months, I still have a good amount of product in the container. I wear the shade Vanilla Glow, which is a perfect match for my winter coloring, and with a little concealer first, the coverage is just right. You can build it up a bit in areas where needed, unlike some other BB cremes I have tried, and the SPF does not make my eyes burn. Not too matte or shiny, just a nice soft glow. It isn't getting the greatest reviews, but I think a lot of those are due to the brush that comes with it. I either use my fingers or a Sephora foundation brush to apply and it goes on smoothly. I am thinking about buying a backup in case they discontinue--that seems to be the fate of every product I really love!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryyy

I honestly had high hopes for this.

Promise of full coverage and in a neat package. I was sold.
Once I tried it on for a week trial... was saddened with the results.

-Brush did not pick up the product all too well...
-Product was too cakey.
-Product is not good on T-Zones... I broke out horrendously.

After 2 days of wearing this, I was breaking out like crazy. First day I used no primer, my own fault. Day 2, slathered on primer like nothing else... didn't help at all and my break out got worse.

Coloring was on point. Matched my skin well and didn't make me look like I was wearing a mask or sun burnt. My only positive along with cute packaging.