I can honestly say I can't say whether or not the wear on this is any good... I just tested it in the store however the brush that came with it was awful I don't have sensitive skin but it made my hand very upset and red from a slight rubbing motion. For the price and the brush being so highly publicized it was garbage.
I wanted to see what all the hype was surrounding the "BB creams", so after much looking around at Ulta one day, I decided on this one. I really like it. A few points about this cream:
(1) It is not really full coverage. I'd say more sheer-medium.
(2) It has moisture built into it, so unless you have dry skin, you don't need a moisturizer with this. I think this is the main issue with some other reviewers saying that this cream never dried down properly - I think they must have been using another moisturizer underneath. I only use a lightweight eye cream, then this.
(3) I do not like the brush that comes with this. It applies the cream streaky and it makes it feel really heavy on the skin. I apply it with my fingers, and it really makes a huge difference in how my skin absorbs and reflects this cream. When applied with my fingers, this cream smooths out and feels light, and the finish is satiny [ 6/12/13 - UPDATE: I NOW APPLY WITH A COSMETIC SPONGE, AS IT IS FASTER AND THE FINISH IS JUST AS NICE]. First I swirl my ring finger in the cream and then lightly tap it all around my eye area, then I swirl 3 fingers in the cream and dot them across my cheeks (and then blend) and then swirl and dot my nose, chin and forehead (and blend). You can go back and add more for more coverage in areas where you think you need it. This creates a really natural, soft, satiny finish.
(4) Because this cream is not full coverage, it will not completely cover spots on your skin. What I do is take my "L'Oreal Crayon concealor", and dot over the individual spots, then follow that with a light dusting all over of "Rimmel Stay Matte" powder in Translucent (using a big, fluffy powder brush). Perfect finish that stays matte for several hours on my oily skin.
(5) This cream is supposed to be mattifying, and I believe it is, in a mattifying lotion type of way. And if you have dry or normal skin this may be all you need. But as someone who has oily skin, I prefer to add a light dusting of translucent powder to set.
(6) I like that it smooths over pores and makes them slightly less noticeable.
(7) It does not break me out or cause any additional shine on my skin. And it does not change color during the day. No oxidation at all. Color stays true all day.
So, to sum up ....... I like it a lot. Nice texture, nice finish. And I like that it has all my steps built-in (other than a light eye cream because my eye area is really dry). It's moisture, primer, mattifier, SPF and light foundation all in one step. Good stuff - I'm happy! :)
I have really, really dry skin that is prone to flaking, and I absolutely love this product. It's definitely not for everybody, but it works really well for me. I even like the little brush once I used it a few times and got the hang of it. Some people suggest applying it with a sponge, fingers, or bigger brush and for me the only one of those that works (sort of) is fingers. The brush it comes with definitely could be a little bigger, but it's short, moderately stiff bristles are the perfect length and firmness.
I can see how it would be too much for oily or even normal skin, but my dry skin loves it! It isn't full coverage -- more like medium coverage -- but my skin doesn't need full coverage. After I put it on my skin and buff it out a little bit, I don't need any setting powder at all and I have a glowing look to my face. On my dry skin, the makeup feels soft and my skin feels supple. In the container, the makeup is sticky and seems very heavy, but when put on with a brush and a buffing motion, it becomes airy and soft.
You could definitely use your own firm and short bristled brush to speed things up, but I found that the tiny little brush allowed me to get in by my nose and eyes easily and didn't really slow down application on my cheeks/chin/forehead too much.
I absolutely love this product, but you might not so try to sample it first and keep your receipt!
edit: It started collecting so much lint and tiny hairs (itty bitty cat hairs, eyelashes, etc.) that I just couldn't get out and didn't want to rub on my face that I ended up returning it to Ulta. I love the formula, coverage, texture -- just everything except the packaging.
The only thing unlike about this is the packaging. It's cute comes with a small brush the down side to the brush is the fact that it takes forever for you to do your face. It says its a full coverage Bb cream which is great I figured I'd try it out it offered all these benefits and its full coverage....wrong, it hardly covers anything it's not buildable. It made my skin very oily not to mention it made my concealer crease really bad. Needless to say I'm returning this back to Macy's tomorrow I paid $39 for it and its totally not worth it save your money.
HG! This product is NOT for everyone, and I generally dislike Too Faced products, but I love this one. Unlike most heavy foundations, this is great for covering undereye circles as well and does not cause cakiness. For my Sahara-like, extremely dry skin, it gives me hours and hours of excellent coverage, an excellent color match in Snow Glow for my VERY fair skin, and no flakiness (!). It's not "full coverage" relative to full coverage foundations, but it's not a foundation. As far as BB creams go, this one is awesome and works far better for me than Smashbox's BB or Bobbi Brown's TM do. I prefer to apply with fingers or a sponge than the brush provided. I'll be heartbroken if this is discontinued!
The product and the description make it seem so awesome but in reality its not all that. The brush is tiny, you can barely use it. The makeup its self is okay, the texture is okay. It did make my skin get oily around my t zone and I actually have dry skin, it felt like I had a layer of grease over my skin.
- Gentle. Caused no breakouts or irritation.
- Provided enough coverage for my skin. NOTE: my skin is in fairly good condition, I do not need a lot of product or anything particularly heavy. My biggest issues are discoloration and redness. So this product was good enough for me. If you do need something heavier, this most likely is NOT for you, despite being advertised as "full coverage".
- Loved the packaging, easy and hygenic.
- Doesn't look cakey or thick on my skin
- Wears well; still looks nice many hours after application.
- Blends easily.
- The brush it came with really sucks. It started shedding the first time I used it. Other bits of hair have begun to come out of the brush but haven't fallen all the way out.
- It's a bit expensive, more than what I'd like to pay for a foundation that I'm going to use on a daily basis.
- Not that many colour choices; people may have difficulty finding their proper shade.
Overall, I like the product. It's good for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage. But if you want something more heavy you should probably look elsewhere.
So I was really excited to try this when it came out bc they advertised this as a full coverage bb cream. With the name Air buffed, I kind of thought it would be the consistency of Revlons Whipped foundation. Unfortunately, this has the consistency of tough packed mud. The coverage is hardly any and it is soo difficult to apply. The package comes with a brush that is so pointless bc it does not pick up the makeup and it is so small it would take forever to do your whole face. This was also rather expensive and I expected alot more than what I got. Needless to say this was returned.
Nice packaging.. Not full coverage at all . The brush is pointless but wen I used my fingers I was able to rock it up a bit . I'm not in love or even in like lol. Just ok. I feel like this would b nice for a 12 year old. I'll b passing this down to my little sister .
I purchased this based on reviews at Too Faced's site and promptly returned it. First of all, it's NOT full coverage, but more importantly, it set my face on fire. Literally burned within a few minutes of application. My face turned red and itched horribly. I don't typically have sensitive skin, but this was just awful. Thankfully, the rash/burning effect subsided within a day. If you even think you might have sensitive skin, stay far, far away.