April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Treatments - Clean & Clear - Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by AlexisB523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say I have been struggling with acne for a while now, also I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, dark marks from acne popping, and enlarged pores.I usually have to pack my face with makeup. I have tried so many other high end products and also drug store products and nothing worked. I was done trying, I was going to perform an at home chemical peel, until I seen on paulschoice website that this product was a highly recommended bha product. So I gave it a try. I was so happy that this productnwas not greasy, and not so dry that it left a whitw powdery look. Omg, it literally has only been four days and I see results. I noticed that my dark marks have lightened quite a bit and little bumps I had are pretty much gone!! I also had a rough patch of skin kinda scaly on my cheeks and the area is totally smooth. I used it as recommended 3 times a day and have gotten these results so fast. I'm so happy and in 4 days I feel confident. This product is truly amazing. Oh and I actually enjoy the fragrance. It can be a bit overwhelming at times but I can get over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by bellamoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I had to stop using this. For me, purging doesn't exist. Either my skin likes or doesn't like. My skin calmed down significantly after stopping. I have a full, unopened bottle up for grabs. Looks like it's been discontinued anyway, sorry to all who love it :(

I held off on reviewing this until I felt like I gave it a fair shake. If I had given it a review before today it would have been a zero lippie because it's true, the stuff stinks- a weird sweet cheap perfume plus Elmer's glue smell. The stank takes a while to settle down and my bathroom even smells like it after I use it. I almost stopped using it because of the smell. So glad I didn't!! I purged with this like CRAZY! I really almost gave up. I was devastated, my skin hadn't looked this bad in ages. My son asked me if I had the chicken pox!! BUT the areas that weren't broken out were improving so I kept at it. Fast forward about 3 weeks later- my skin looks beautiful now. My pores are clear and look smaller. Scars are fading. I had some rough areas on my neck from plucking unwanted hair (I know. Gross.) my neck is super smooth now. It's even helped with the milia I have! I'm so glad I hung in there and kept at it. I'm sad that I've finally found an effective product that is affordable but seems to be on clean and clear's chopping block. I got two bottles on "final chance" at Walgreens and have only seen it again at rite aid (the last box there when all of the other c&c products were well stocked). So c&c, if you're reading, PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE this product!!! PLEEEEEEASE!! Will definitely re-purchase if it's still available.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Star28

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my second tube of this. This product is the ONLY product I have EVER found that not only gets rid of 100% of my blackheads, but keeps them gone. I apply this 2x/day (morning and evening) on my nose and cheeks only (the rest of my face doesn't need it). It doesn't dry my skin out at all. Also has brought milia to the surface, my skin is much smoother now after using this. As an added (unexpected!) bonus, it completely tones down the redness on my cheeks (from rosacea).

I've used other salicylic products in the past (lower concentration lotions and 2% swipes) and none have worked as well as this product. TIP: When you think you've finished the tube and can't get any more out, cut off the end of the tube, you should be able to get another couple of week's worth of product to use (this is applied thinly so you don't use much, my one tube lasted me almost a year - inexpensive for sure!).

Holy Grail status!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by staci13

For me, this is my primer, because none of the legitimate primers on the market seem to make the cut. I was using Proactive's Daily Oil Control prior to using this as my "primer", while it is effective, it is hard to purchase without joining the Proactive Club and all of that nonsense. Not to mention it is rather expensive. So, a great substitute is this Clean and Clear treatment. I wash my face, moisturize with the Clear and Clear Dual Action moisturizer, let that absorb for a few minutes, and then I apply this Oil Absorbing treatment to my skin, mainly focusing on my cheeks, chin, and forehead as that is wear it is needed most, then I let that dry for a minute or two before starting with my foundation. The product does have a medicine-like smell, but it's not noxious, nor does it seem to last long. It comes in a lotion like form but dries to powder like finish rather quickly on your skin. Be mindful of dry areas on your face, because this will likely exacerbate them or at least make them more noticeable. This isn't a miracle product by any means, but the fact that it has an acne fighting capacity, and does help to improve the longevity of my foundation on my face, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

It's strange how this is called an oil-absorbing treatment because it made my skin feel pretty greasy after applying it. But I mainly bought this product as an acne medication so I only apply it during the nighttime so I don't really mind how it feels heavy and greasy. But this did wonders to my blemishes! I would still follow up with a acne spot treatment if I had a big zit or something but for those days where my skin had a few blemishes, this was great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I was using this before switching to Paula's Choice BHA (which I prefer because you just swipe it over your face instead of leaving a cream on for hours) and it's great at keeping skin relatively matte and controlling breakouts.

It really helped to take the redness out of any breakouts I was having, calm the skin and unclogs annoying pores and clears up breakouts fast (usually this would clear up anything within days). It's so hard to find any decent BHA products - either high end or drugstore - and I really like the Neutrogena 3-in-1 stress control hydrating gel but it's nearly impossible to find. I do prefer the Neutrogena because it made my skin feel less dry than the Clean and Clear.

Because my skin has gotten drier as I get older, so I tend to use this in the summer months, but it's a great steal at less than $7 and actually works - unlike a lot of those awful lotions they market towards those with acne (Darphin, Yon-ka, even some of the over-fragranced Neutrogena) that were made of nothing but menthol or essential oils and wax causing my skin to become redder and more sore than ever.

I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almost done w my 2nd bottle, will be going for a 3rd. Gave packaging a 5 because when I can't squeeze out any more product, I just cut the bottle open and can get a few days more uses. I got this because of beautypedia. I've never had an oily skin type, but I get shiny, especially when moisturizers and makeup with SPF get involved. It does feel like it's drying skin a bit but it's not unbearable at all, infact afterwards my skin is still soft, just matte. I only apply this once a day all-over so that I don't get dry skin. It isn't a cure-all though, at least not for me. It's like this clears pores and keeps blemishes away, but what happens to me is I get hormonal acne on my chin and jawline, and on my forehead from bangs (I don't wash my hair as much I should :x eep). For those little buggers, I simply use the Target brand Up and Up's 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. I use that sparingly because even though it works, it's incredibly drying. I would say give that regime a try if acne is a worry of yours, it can't get any cheaper at least. P.S. Yes, sadly there is a weird medicinal-floral smell but it's not bad enough to quit using the cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Adsiome

This does exactly what it says on the tin: "acne medication". It smells like medicine , it feels like medicine but it works like medicine. If you want a more luxurious feeling on the skin you need to reach for high end products. It does indeed have a somewhat strange consistency but manages to control the shine on my forehead. I only need to use a tiny little bit at a time so the small bottle lasts me for a long time

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this along with the Advantage Oil Control Cleanser. By itself, this seems to do nothing in regards to controlling oil.

The texture of this cream is very strange. It's almost like Elmer's Glue. But I didn't find it hard to blend and it absorbs into my skin very quickly and easily. It does irritate my skin a tiny bit. I do notice a minor burning sensation immediately after applying it. But it goes away quickly, and isn't severe enough for me to quit using it.

I had pretty high hopes for this product. I hoped it would finally help me get my super oily skin under control. I usually cleanse with the Oil Control Cleanser in this showder. I then apply this, my primer, and my foundation. Even with the combination of the cleanser and the cream, my oil still comes back and eats away at my foundation. As I said with the cleanser, it's okay. It's not terrible, but it's nothing special either. I'm not sure I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by dominofx258

Best acne treatment I've found so far.

when I was in high school I had very clear skin I never had to put real effort into it and I suppose I should be thankful for that. But now coming into my twenties my breakouts are getting worse. Its not like I have a face full of it just obnoxious pimples here and there. I've been fighting this war on my face for about 5 years now and I've tried countless products and nothing really helped. I got this cream about 4 days ago and I'm already extremely impressed with it. My skin feels healthier the oil is being much better controlled and the best part is that the pimples I did have are vanishing. I'll continue to use this product until its gone and then I'm probably going to buy it again.