Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%), Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isohexadecane, Steareth 21, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 60, Polyacrylate 13, Isoceteth 20, Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Cetyl Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polysorbate 20, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide

on 1/9/2015 6:24:00 PM

For most of 2014, I bought this whenever I could since its such a staple in my skincare routine. Its great to put on right out of the shower or after you wash your face at night. I don't mind the scent, but the packaging is a little hard to use once you get to the end of the bottle. I wish it came in bigger sizes and I also wish it wasn't discontinued.

It always, always clears my skin after a bout of break outs. If I ever had a bad skin day I'd be sure to use it twice that day. I usually put it on underneath my make up and moisturizer and once more after I remove my make up. It doesn't smell too terribly and a little goes a long way.

I feel like this is a very underrated product, but this definitely helps with my acne/whiteheads/blackheads/pores in general. I'm still terribly disappointed this is discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I managed to score 2 bottles of this at Big Lots today! So sorry to hear it's been DC!! This makes my face so matte almost powdery & I didn't mind the smell. Not my fave but not a deterrent. Clean & Clear is what I resort to when I am too PO to buy Clinique 3 Step. Their products are all really good except the Amber colored astringent was wayyyy too strong for my face. That stuff could be a dupe for Clinique clarifying number 4 toner. Clean & Clear is my go to but I wish they made a moisturizer that had salicylic acid AND spf both not one or the other. But I am so sorry to hear this one is DC.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love the texture and finish of this product but the perfume scent is semi-overwhelming.

on 7/18/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for months. It seemed to work okay when I first tried it. Now it doesn't seem to work much at all and burns when I put it on acne.

The smells is quite strong and unnecessary. An acne treatment should not smell like perfume. If I wanted a scent, i'd put perfume on! Why does an acne treatment need fragrance, especially when it's known to aggravate acne.

This would be best for girls with oily skin and blackheads. I don't know how well it would work for acne on others. Salicylic acid is best for exfoliation on the surface of the skin and has no anti bacterial affects. It helps prevent pimples but it's not the most effective or fastest to treat big ol' pimples

Perhaps it stopped working well for me after months because the product has gotten bacteria or something in it or my skin got use to it. The container in not very hygienic...

on 6/23/2014 6:34:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite skin care product I own, and it will be for a while - I would re-buy this many, many, many times over. I first got introduced to it summer of 2012, and I've loved it ever since. I'm pretty sure they've discontinued it now, but I'll keep searching for it.

This product is meant to absorb oil and treat acne, being used as a sort-of primer before your make up. I have bangs that cover my entire forehead and throughout the day, it would get incredibly oily from me touching my bangs/being covered by them. I use this to prevent that - and it does such an AMAZING job. Right after I smooth it on, my skin feels softer and much much more matte and feels like a nice make-up canvas. When I first began using it (3 years ago) this would last for a good 6 hours - my skin would be dry, not shiny, matte, etc. and there would be no oil. I think this product is what basically eradicated my forehead breakouts - it kept my skin clean and fresh and it felt breathable.

It also helps make up stay in place for A LOT longer, as there is minimal oil affecting it.

The only qualm I have about this is that I feel the need to use a lot to ensure that it's working. This might just be because it's becoming less effective with age, but it also dries very quickly and it's hard to tell which parts you've covered/whether you need more.

Now I've had a small (44 mL) tube for 3 years, and it's coming to it's end. It's becoming less effective, only lasting for a couple of hours, yet it does wonders. I don't know what I will do once I run out, as it would be incredibly hard to find as good of results as this from a regular primer.

on 6/7/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

DEFINITE NO... for this product.
There are better, cheaper and more natural products in the market to fight acne.
This product just makes everything worse.

on 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

First let me say I have been struggling with acne for a while now, also I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, dark marks from acne popping, and enlarged pores.I usually have to pack my face with makeup. I have tried so many other high end products and also drug store products and nothing worked. I was done trying, I was going to perform an at home chemical peel, until I seen on paulschoice website that this product was a highly recommended bha product. So I gave it a try. I was so happy that this productnwas not greasy, and not so dry that it left a whitw powdery look. Omg, it literally has only been four days and I see results. I noticed that my dark marks have lightened quite a bit and little bumps I had are pretty much gone!! I also had a rough patch of skin kinda scaly on my cheeks and the area is totally smooth. I used it as recommended 3 times a day and have gotten these results so fast. I'm so happy and in 4 days I feel confident. This product is truly amazing. Oh and I actually enjoy the fragrance. It can be a bit overwhelming at times but I can get over it.

on 1/22/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

UPDATE: I had to stop using this. For me, purging doesn't exist. Either my skin likes or doesn't like. My skin calmed down significantly after stopping. I have a full, unopened bottle up for grabs. Looks like it's been discontinued anyway, sorry to all who love it :(

I held off on reviewing this until I felt like I gave it a fair shake. If I had given it a review before today it would have been a zero lippie because it's true, the stuff stinks- a weird sweet cheap perfume plus Elmer's glue smell. The stank takes a while to settle down and my bathroom even smells like it after I use it. I almost stopped using it because of the smell. So glad I didn't!! I purged with this like CRAZY! I really almost gave up. I was devastated, my skin hadn't looked this bad in ages. My son asked me if I had the chicken pox!! BUT the areas that weren't broken out were improving so I kept at it. Fast forward about 3 weeks later- my skin looks beautiful now. My pores are clear and look smaller. Scars are fading. I had some rough areas on my neck from plucking unwanted hair (I know. Gross.) my neck is super smooth now. It's even helped with the milia I have! I'm so glad I hung in there and kept at it. I'm sad that I've finally found an effective product that is affordable but seems to be on clean and clear's chopping block. I got two bottles on "final chance" at Walgreens and have only seen it again at rite aid (the last box there when all of the other c&c products were well stocked). So c&c, if you're reading, PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE this product!!! PLEEEEEEASE!! Will definitely re-purchase if it's still available.

on 12/12/2013 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just bought my second tube of this. This product is the ONLY product I have EVER found that not only gets rid of 100% of my blackheads, but keeps them gone. I apply this 2x/day (morning and evening) on my nose and cheeks only (the rest of my face doesn't need it). It doesn't dry my skin out at all. Also has brought milia to the surface, my skin is much smoother now after using this. As an added (unexpected!) bonus, it completely tones down the redness on my cheeks (from rosacea).

I've used other salicylic products in the past (lower concentration lotions and 2% swipes) and none have worked as well as this product. TIP: When you think you've finished the tube and can't get any more out, cut off the end of the tube, you should be able to get another couple of week's worth of product to use (this is applied thinly so you don't use much, my one tube lasted me almost a year - inexpensive for sure!).

Holy Grail status!!

on 12/12/2013 9:32:00 AM

For me, this is my primer, because none of the legitimate primers on the market seem to make the cut. I was using Proactive's Daily Oil Control prior to using this as my "primer", while it is effective, it is hard to purchase without joining the Proactive Club and all of that nonsense. Not to mention it is rather expensive. So, a great substitute is this Clean and Clear treatment. I wash my face, moisturize with the Clear and Clear Dual Action moisturizer, let that absorb for a few minutes, and then I apply this Oil Absorbing treatment to my skin, mainly focusing on my cheeks, chin, and forehead as that is wear it is needed most, then I let that dry for a minute or two before starting with my foundation. The product does have a medicine-like smell, but it's not noxious, nor does it seem to last long. It comes in a lotion like form but dries to powder like finish rather quickly on your skin. Be mindful of dry areas on your face, because this will likely exacerbate them or at least make them more noticeable. This isn't a miracle product by any means, but the fact that it has an acne fighting capacity, and does help to improve the longevity of my foundation on my face, I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)