April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - No Frizz - Nourishing Styling Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

Makes my hair so soft and keeps my hair straight after I blow dry it straight while also preventing a frizz meltdown. The only reason I give this four lippies and not five is because sometimes I do feel I need a little extra conditioning but adding the no frizz leave in conditioner or the restore targeted repair cream to it helps with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by boodapest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG product. Keeps my hair from frizzing in humidity and rain better than any other product I've tried. Not to say there is NO frizz, just MUCH less than with other products. I wish it came in a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what the other reviewers are doing. I found with this products 'liberally' means about a quarter sized amount.

My hair background: I'm from a German/Eastern European ethnicity (for what it's worth, I don't understand what 'ethnic' means when people describe themselves). Technically, I'm pale pasty white for skin tone. However, although the rest of my family has thin hair their always trying to build volume in, I have thick hair. Around the nape of the neck, it curls into corkscrews. The layers above it is 'wavy' from ear length down, and the scalp is flat and often oily. I have no idea why my hair is that way, but it is. IF I let it air dry, the curls at the bottom stay curly, but the waves are maybe there, but it's just 'poof'. Frizz Ease just made my hair look greasy.

However, I blow dry my hair straight with a giant round brush lately because it's easier to wear down for work. B&B Hair Lotion has been my good friend, but I received a sample of this from Nordstroms. I was hesitant. I decided that 'liberal' amount didn't mean a huge glop. I used a quarter sized amount, concentrating on the curly section at the nape and ears and the rest from ear length down. I applied the styling cream to my very thick hair, and the quarter sized amount was just right. I have shoulder length hair, I should add.

Blow drying came next. The B&B spray I usually use makes my hair feel flatter and thinner, but this felt a bit - heavier...I'm not sure how to describe it. It felt smoother, and had a little more weight to it. Several people commented that my hair looked shiny, in a good way, instead of 'shimmery' like I get with the B&B hair tonic.

My next test came to the 'second day' style. I wash every 2-3 days, and wanted to see how it held up the second day. I woke up and some of the curl/wave came back. After my shower (hair in a cap), I did a quick blow-dry with a paddle brush instead. The hair smoothed right back out again and stayed that way. The roots did not look greasy at all. Usually with products like frizz ease, the 2nd day the hair starts to separate instead of looking uniform. Not so with this product. I would not recommend going a 3rd day without shampooing.

I would recommend this product, but I would start out with a smaller amount. This styling cream is meant to be used with a blow-dryer or a flat iron, I would not recommend it for air-drying. I believe most of the negative comments come from those who air dry their hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I marked as i wont buy again but really not sure yet . Because ... My hair is fine and dry and my major problem is frizz . I hate this so much and dealing with it for ages now. I have been using for quite long time now the Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine and i keep using it cos i tho was helping somehow and nothing else i liked more. Now both products i apply on damp hair and let my hair air dry . I never use any heat or styling. i was quite happy with the OB serum but not overly as it was making my hair look glossy and soft but not much about the frizz. This new product in my routine do exactly the opposite. Really help with frizz in fact better than anything else i tried before BUT wouldn't make my hair soft or glossy . Dont get me wrong is not making my hair look bad at all but maybe cos i m use to the softness of the OB serum just feels different. And i wouldn't say is nourishing or moisturising as my hair feel like i have not used anything on ( for moisture or softness ) The big thing that made for my hair is my hair was left NEARLY without ANY frizz. Maybe i could try applying this after moisturising leave in ? Basically this is my experience with this product.

UPDATE - few uses later i really like this and REALLY HELPS WITH FRIZZ . What i notice is that i cant use this alone as my hair is dry. I use this on damp hair and after this i apply my leave in as well which at the moment is Kerastase elixir ultime. My hair ones dry is really much much better than how it was before. I have minimal frizz if at all. And i notice my hair looks next day good as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third purchase of this product; it's one that I use religiously when I blow dry. I never thought I'd like it, but I absolutely do.

I have very fine, straight hair that tends to get flyaways much too easily. I've never considered my hair to be frizzy in the traditional sense; frizz might actually give my hair volume! These flyways are delicate hairs that just won't behave or lay flat - so annoying!

I've been working on growing my hair longer and paying detailed attention to treating it gently and keeping it as healthy as possible. This product showed up as a sample somewhere along the line (Birchbox? Ulta? Not sure) and I tried it for the heck of it. It worked great! My hair is shiny with minimal flyaways!

I think it does cause buildup on my hair, so I shampoo with a clariying 'poo weekly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by bettylove310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

im a hairdresser/makeup artist w over processed, waist length hair, i heat style often. i can say tht iv wrked in an LP salon n the shampoos n conditioners r terrible. the serums stick the hairspray smells. but THIS product is fabulous. ppl on here r probly not using it properly. i apply the most at my ends, easing up as i reach my roots, comb thru damp hair n either air dry r blow dry. flat iron/curl after. even in hot, humid minnesota summer weather my hair is smooth, shiny, swingy, no sideburn curl lol. it also stays clean way longer than usual! which is great bcuz i can only wash every 2-3 days since my hair is so delicate. overall great styling product. love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a generouse sample of this from Sephora. I hated it! It did absolutely nothing to tame my frizzy hair. I have coarse, thick, dry wavy/curly hair that got drier and frizzier this summer after going ombre :( I struggle with frizz, and have major envy for those ladies that can air dry and not look like a total mess.
I washed and conditioned my hair and then applied a liberal amount as per instructions. I still looked like the freakin "before" girl on a frizz-ease ad LOL. I would never buy the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by anapp822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely hated this line. I have dark brown, highlighted hair that's mid-way down my back. I blowdry every 2-3 days and occasionally use a flat iron. I try to use sulfate- and silicone-free products to preserve my color and protect my hair, and had heard great things about the LP line.

I tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner, No Frizz Styling Creme and Weightless Spray, and Satin serum. I could tell that the shampoo and conditioner were drying out my hair while I was still in the shower -- I couldn't run my fingers through my hair at all. I used the three styling products when I got out of the shower, and started to blow dry. My hair felt like straw, and when I tried to add a little more of the Satin serum, it just felt like sticky straw. My ends looked completely fried and the cuticle just looks frizzy and not smooth at all.

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and products 3 more times since I first purchased and tried them 2 weeks ago, and finally returned everything to Sephora today. In 2 weeks, I have not worn my hair down once because of how poofy and dry it looks. Not recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Combined with Living Proof's Full Thickening Cream, this product did a good job of holding and styling my wavy hair that I air dry. The problem was the cetyl alcohol. It caused big red bumps on my face that went away a couple days after I stopped using this product. Would not recommend unless your skin is okay with that ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is AMAZING. I'm a little confused reading the other reviews saying that this product made their hair worse. I applied just a small amount to the ends of my hair and barely any on my roots so they wouldn't get greasy, and my hair didn't frizz all day. It had been raining for days and my hair looked shiny and it held its curl.
I had always had problems with my hair frizzing even if I stepped outside in the humidity for a minute, but this product lets me stay out in the humidity for hours without my hair frizzing and keeping the style it had in the morningl.
I love this product and I can't live without it! Would recommend :)