Living Proof No Frizz - Nourishing Styling Cream

3.0

on 7/12/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have thick, wavy hair that's been frizzing really badly in the humidity this summer. My typical routine for humid days is layering moroccan oil under HE totally twisted gel on damp hair and air drying. It only kind of works and does nothing second day. Moreover, the silicone+gel combo makes my waves a little stringy. I tried this stuff out to see if it would work better. First, I put a lot of it on its own into wet hair and let it air dry as an experiment to see how it works in isolation. My hair was really soft and fluffy but there was still frizz. Second day hair was a poofball. Next, I tried it mixing with gel for hold to see if that would help keep things in line. This was a winning combination. I went out yesterday to a bbq where it was hot, misty and drizzly and then spent the night on my porch in cooler, foggy weather. There was only a tiny bit of surface frizz which is amazing considering I got lightly rained on for hours. Second day hair is a success. This works considerably better than silicones for air drying frizzy waves. However, it needed to be mixed with a hold product. I'm impressed by how moisturizing it is. My hair is much softer and glossier than it would be with gel alone. BTW, on my hair it does not loosen out the curl as it did for some other reviewers. Too bad it's so expensive because I will be definitely be getting more when I run out!

on 5/20/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a small tube of this in a hair kit from Ulta. It smells clean and light, plus it gives lots of shine to my hair. It helps moderately with frizz for me and works better if I heat style with it rather than using on damp hair and allowing it to air dry. It does pull out some of the curl in my hair so I might have to pass on this as a styling cream for daily use. Overall, it tamed my hair and made it look presentable. Not sure if I would buy a full sized tube of this yet.

on 5/1/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Im one of those girls who wakes up with a lions mane because my hair is so damaged from constant abuse. I love this stuff because it's the only styling product that can leave my hair looking like the day before and no other hair serum, oil, or spray I've tried can last this long for my long fine hair. I use about a quarter size for my long hair and use it on my ends only. I'm terrible at describing scents but this stuff smells nice and clean, and the scent lasts until you wash it out. I don't use this enough to comment on any long lasting effects on hair health, but it does exactly what it says and works like a charm every time.

on 4/9/2015 12:13:00 AM

I got a large sample of this at Sephora and used it up. It isn't great especially given the high price tag. It just didn't do much for me. It's fine but not great. A better product that is marketed similarly to this is Alterna's Caviar CC Cream which is also leave-in hair treatment designed to smooth, manage, strengthen and protect and hold hair. It is also very expensive but THAT is the HG in this particular category (and you only need to use a tiny bit as opposed to this product which you're told to apply "liberally). Compare both and you'll see what I mean.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This didn't work for me. I have curly/coily, thick, long hair and it made my hair sticky and tacky. Not good. When I wear my hair curly I like the curls to be separated and smooth and this did the opposite. I'm glad I was using a sample - I would not buy this product.

on 11/15/2014 6:01:00 PM

This is my HG. I have thick wavy/curly very frizzy Jewish hair. I've been using this since before Jennifer Aniston bought the company. I don't know how many years it's been, but it's more than a few. I used to color my hair and now I keep my natural color. It works either way. I wash every 4 or 5 days. This definitely keeps my hair cleaner longer. I use a lot, as the bottle directs. Maybe 3 or 4 quarter sizes (I have long hair down to the bottom of my breasts). I always blow dry my hair with a round brush. The last time I let my hair air dry was 2006 lol. When my dad first saw me after I used this product, he actually asked if I was wearing a wig! (I've been known to wear wigs for fun cause I'm a high maintenance kind of lady). My dad agrees that I MUST repurchase this product every time, no matter the cost because it is magic. Here's my hair product routine: organix Brazilian keratin shampoo and conditioner, beauty protector protect & detangle leave in conditioner, this product, and a tiny drop of healthy sexy hair soy renewal with argan oil. I've recently also added living proof no frizz leave in conditioner because my hair was starting to feel a bit dry, probably because I'm getting older. I think it's important that the rest of your routine be largely free of silicones and sulfates in order for this product to work. I also think it's best for very dry hair that can support a lot of product. I still have tons of volume with this regimen. The only complaint I have is this: when the no frizz line first came out, there were SIX different styling products- three for stylibg your hair curly and three for styling it straight. The three products in each line were for different hair types- fine, medium to thick, and thick to coarse. After JA bought the brand, those 6 were replaced with just this. This product is not quite as good as the no frizz straight making styling treatment for thick to coarse hair was (at least for me), but it's still the best thing out there! If it's very humid or actually raining, I will cover my hair with a hat, hood, or scarf while I'm outside. However, by the third day in my wash cycle, I don't even need to do that and I stay frizz free. This is definitely worth a try in my opinion. It's available at sephora, ulta, and nordstrom, all of whom have a great return policy.

on 9/4/2014 1:34:00 PM

Add this to the list of completely underwhelming Living Proof products. It does absolutely nothing beyong smelling good.

on 5/29/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A mindblowingly mediocre product. It did NOTHING for my hair and in fact, I'm certain it felt drier than when I started. It leaves your hair oily and tacky unless you blow dry, and blow drying is not something I like to do every time I wash my hair. Don't bother spending your money on this, you're really not missing out on anything.

on 4/29/2014 11:19:00 PM

I got this as a free sample from Sephora. Probably would not have purchased it because frizz isn't a huge problem for me, but I do like to use styling creams to give my hair definition and hold. This weighed down my waves (not my intention) and I didn't care for the smell.

on 4/3/2014 11:38:00 AM

Makes my hair so soft and keeps my hair straight after I blow dry it straight while also preventing a frizz meltdown. The only reason I give this four lippies and not five is because sometimes I do feel I need a little extra conditioning but adding the no frizz leave in conditioner or the restore targeted repair cream to it helps with it.

Popular Styling Products