December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - No Frizz - Nourishing Styling Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Beckyshak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG. I have thick wavy/curly very frizzy Jewish hair. I've been using this since before Jennifer Aniston bought the company. I don't know how many years it's been, but it's more than a few. I used to color my hair and now I keep my natural color. It works either way. I wash every 4 or 5 days. This definitely keeps my hair cleaner longer. I use a lot, as the bottle directs. Maybe 3 or 4 quarter sizes (I have long hair down to the bottom of my breasts). I always blow dry my hair with a round brush. The last time I let my hair air dry was 2006 lol. When my dad first saw me after I used this product, he actually asked if I was wearing a wig! (I've been known to wear wigs for fun cause I'm a high maintenance kind of lady). My dad agrees that I MUST repurchase this product every time, no matter the cost because it is magic. Here's my hair product routine: organix Brazilian keratin shampoo and conditioner, beauty protector protect & detangle leave in conditioner, this product, and a tiny drop of healthy sexy hair soy renewal with argan oil. I've recently also added living proof no frizz leave in conditioner because my hair was starting to feel a bit dry, probably because I'm getting older. I think it's important that the rest of your routine be largely free of silicones and sulfates in order for this product to work. I also think it's best for very dry hair that can support a lot of product. I still have tons of volume with this regimen. The only complaint I have is this: when the no frizz line first came out, there were SIX different styling products- three for stylibg your hair curly and three for styling it straight. The three products in each line were for different hair types- fine, medium to thick, and thick to coarse. After JA bought the brand, those 6 were replaced with just this. This product is not quite as good as the no frizz straight making styling treatment for thick to coarse hair was (at least for me), but it's still the best thing out there! If it's very humid or actually raining, I will cover my hair with a hat, hood, or scarf while I'm outside. However, by the third day in my wash cycle, I don't even need to do that and I stay frizz free. This is definitely worth a try in my opinion. It's available at sephora, ulta, and nordstrom, all of whom have a great return policy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Add this to the list of completely underwhelming Living Proof products. It does absolutely nothing beyong smelling good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A mindblowingly mediocre product. It did NOTHING for my hair and in fact, I'm certain it felt drier than when I started. It leaves your hair oily and tacky unless you blow dry, and blow drying is not something I like to do every time I wash my hair. Don't bother spending your money on this, you're really not missing out on anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a free sample from Sephora. Probably would not have purchased it because frizz isn't a huge problem for me, but I do like to use styling creams to give my hair definition and hold. This weighed down my waves (not my intention) and I didn't care for the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

Makes my hair so soft and keeps my hair straight after I blow dry it straight while also preventing a frizz meltdown. The only reason I give this four lippies and not five is because sometimes I do feel I need a little extra conditioning but adding the no frizz leave in conditioner or the restore targeted repair cream to it helps with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by boodapest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG product. Keeps my hair from frizzing in humidity and rain better than any other product I've tried. Not to say there is NO frizz, just MUCH less than with other products. I wish it came in a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what the other reviewers are doing. I found with this products 'liberally' means about a quarter sized amount.

My hair background: I'm from a German/Eastern European ethnicity (for what it's worth, I don't understand what 'ethnic' means when people describe themselves). Technically, I'm pale pasty white for skin tone. However, although the rest of my family has thin hair their always trying to build volume in, I have thick hair. Around the nape of the neck, it curls into corkscrews. The layers above it is 'wavy' from ear length down, and the scalp is flat and often oily. I have no idea why my hair is that way, but it is. IF I let it air dry, the curls at the bottom stay curly, but the waves are maybe there, but it's just 'poof'. Frizz Ease just made my hair look greasy.

However, I blow dry my hair straight with a giant round brush lately because it's easier to wear down for work. B&B Hair Lotion has been my good friend, but I received a sample of this from Nordstroms. I was hesitant. I decided that 'liberal' amount didn't mean a huge glop. I used a quarter sized amount, concentrating on the curly section at the nape and ears and the rest from ear length down. I applied the styling cream to my very thick hair, and the quarter sized amount was just right. I have shoulder length hair, I should add.

Blow drying came next. The B&B spray I usually use makes my hair feel flatter and thinner, but this felt a bit - heavier...I'm not sure how to describe it. It felt smoother, and had a little more weight to it. Several people commented that my hair looked shiny, in a good way, instead of 'shimmery' like I get with the B&B hair tonic.

My next test came to the 'second day' style. I wash every 2-3 days, and wanted to see how it held up the second day. I woke up and some of the curl/wave came back. After my shower (hair in a cap), I did a quick blow-dry with a paddle brush instead. The hair smoothed right back out again and stayed that way. The roots did not look greasy at all. Usually with products like frizz ease, the 2nd day the hair starts to separate instead of looking uniform. Not so with this product. I would not recommend going a 3rd day without shampooing.

I would recommend this product, but I would start out with a smaller amount. This styling cream is meant to be used with a blow-dryer or a flat iron, I would not recommend it for air-drying. I believe most of the negative comments come from those who air dry their hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I marked as i wont buy again but really not sure yet . Because ... My hair is fine and dry and my major problem is frizz . I hate this so much and dealing with it for ages now. I have been using for quite long time now the Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine and i keep using it cos i tho was helping somehow and nothing else i liked more. Now both products i apply on damp hair and let my hair air dry . I never use any heat or styling. i was quite happy with the OB serum but not overly as it was making my hair look glossy and soft but not much about the frizz. This new product in my routine do exactly the opposite. Really help with frizz in fact better than anything else i tried before BUT wouldn't make my hair soft or glossy . Dont get me wrong is not making my hair look bad at all but maybe cos i m use to the softness of the OB serum just feels different. And i wouldn't say is nourishing or moisturising as my hair feel like i have not used anything on ( for moisture or softness ) The big thing that made for my hair is my hair was left NEARLY without ANY frizz. Maybe i could try applying this after moisturising leave in ? Basically this is my experience with this product.

UPDATE - few uses later i really like this and REALLY HELPS WITH FRIZZ . What i notice is that i cant use this alone as my hair is dry. I use this on damp hair and after this i apply my leave in as well which at the moment is Kerastase elixir ultime. My hair ones dry is really much much better than how it was before. I have minimal frizz if at all. And i notice my hair looks next day good as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by bossofallgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third purchase of this product; it's one that I use religiously when I blow dry. I never thought I'd like it, but I absolutely do.

I have very fine, straight hair that tends to get flyaways much too easily. I've never considered my hair to be frizzy in the traditional sense; frizz might actually give my hair volume! These flyways are delicate hairs that just won't behave or lay flat - so annoying!

I've been working on growing my hair longer and paying detailed attention to treating it gently and keeping it as healthy as possible. This product showed up as a sample somewhere along the line (Birchbox? Ulta? Not sure) and I tried it for the heck of it. It worked great! My hair is shiny with minimal flyaways!

I think it does cause buildup on my hair, so I shampoo with a clariying 'poo weekly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by bettylove310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

im a hairdresser/makeup artist w over processed, waist length hair, i heat style often. i can say tht iv wrked in an LP salon n the shampoos n conditioners r terrible. the serums stick the hairspray smells. but THIS product is fabulous. ppl on here r probly not using it properly. i apply the most at my ends, easing up as i reach my roots, comb thru damp hair n either air dry r blow dry. flat iron/curl after. even in hot, humid minnesota summer weather my hair is smooth, shiny, swingy, no sideburn curl lol. it also stays clean way longer than usual! which is great bcuz i can only wash every 2-3 days since my hair is so delicate. overall great styling product. love it!