July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Amp

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I hate to be the naysayer here especially since I LOVE some of the other products from this line :( I've had very good luck w/ Perfect Hair Day, Full Thickening Mousse and Full Thickening Cream (see my separate reviews.) So, since I've found my HG (PHD and the Mousse if it weren't for the horrible dispenser), why would I mess w/ perfection??? Apparently I'm an idiot! :P

Me: fine color treated reverse-cut bob hair and I'm always looking for volume. This didn't do that for me and I followed the directions to the letter. My layers are not spikey short, but as with other products, I expected at least some volume. I got a little bit, but not nearly enough and it certainly didn't last all day (I had to basically re-do/re-pouf w/ h/s over lunch - I never have to do that w/ the other products.) Not sure why this didn't work for me, but I'm happy I could return it (thanks Ulta) and picked up another bottle of the PHD instead :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a deluxe sample of this last year from Sephora and loved it, and I finally purchased a full size ...... I find that for me Amp works best on next day hair or even second day hair ...... I mix a bit of Amp with Frederic Fekkai Elixir and scrunch through and find that my hair looks refreshed and definitely full of volume ...... I am sure that this product works great on shorter styles, however, if you have long and wavy hair as I do, I find that this is a great styling product ..... regardless if I wear my waves natural or use a curling wand for more definition, Amp helps make my hair look better ..... throughout the years I have used dozens and dozens of products and I have found that for my hair Living Proof has the best styling products (I love Style Extender, Perfect Hair and Amp.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this non-sticky volumizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by abarton3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I use the Restore line for shampoo/conditioner, but never thought to use LP's styling products. I just generally wash my hair at night (every 3-4 days), put in an oil treatment (like Kiehl's Oil-in-Cream or argan oil), then let it air dry over night.

For the past few weeks, I've been putting this in when I wake up with dry hair. I put a nickle-sized amount in my palms, rub together until clear, then shake it around my roots. I think a key here is definitely not to slab it on your hair, but to let your hair pick it up off your hands. After I feel my roots have enough of this, I use the rest by shaking out the ends of my hair.

I am really impressed with this product! Days 2 and 3, my long, thick, heavy hair still has volume at the top! And it isn't greasy! Day 4 comes around and is usually flat. I haven't tried 'reviving' my hair, because as the Web site says it lasts up to 48 hours. I am so pleased with this product and will continue to buy. I've only used it a few times, but I think it'll last 4-5 months (just eye-balling it). For that, I feel the price is justified.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Lindo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I just used it, and I really really like it. I have suuuuper fine hair and I have hair loss as well. So it really is a good product for creating texture AND volume, without being crispy like alot are :/. After the shower I just let my hair air dry and worked this in from the roots til end. This is deffo my favourite texture and volume product. It's expensive but it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I got a sample of this with a 500 point reward. I really like it! I use it at the crown of my head to give fullness and root lift. It works amazing. Will buy full size when the small round container runs out. Only need a little and it works great. Put in at the root and work it a little way out. It smells like grapefruit. Awesome!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Following the instruction card contained within to a tee - warm and emulsify a small amount of product in your palms before distributing through dry hair - but still just got a headful of greasy looking hair which oddly felt dry and tangled to the touch. Didn't do much in terms of hold or volume - it's purely for texturizing. I tried the full shampoo from this line and also was unhappy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read about this on MUA and thought I would give it a try. My hair is pretty dirty right now, but I tried it anyway. OMG, it really adds volume. I love it and cannot wait to try it on clean hair. LOL. Thanks MUA. It is all natural, which makes it better.

UPDATE ON CLEAN HAIR: HG material for sure. It adds volume and texture, just like it says. What a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a large sample as part of my 500 point gift from Sephora. Although my hair type probably isn't the target for this, I used it anyways. I have thick coarse hair that needs moisture and smoothing, not volume. I have more volume than I need. But what I liked about this is how it seemed to add nice piecy-ness to my curly hair on the mid-shaft to ends. A couple of times I used it near my scalp to pull my hair into a ponytail with volume and it worked great. I think other hair types would benefit more from this, but I still liked it.
I also like the ingredients they use and the non-overpowering fragrance. It feels like a quality product when you use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I hate styling products! I have short, very piece-y hair and - regardless -the balms, muds, pastes, foams, gels (you name it!) make my hair feel...bleech! Plus I work in a very formal environment and that look just won't work. So I end up with wash and wear hair. It's colored and highlighted and it is pretty thick.

Then I met amp.

Wow. A little dab rubbed between your hands and then pushed from roots to ends (work underneath not on top) is simply amazing. You'd never know there was product in my hair. You would just think that I am lucky enough to have thick, layered hair that returns to perfect form after, say, a walk outside on a breezy day.

And if I sleep on it and had moments to style my hair in the morning? Yep, run my hands through it and it is good to go.

How do they do that?

I love the full shampoo and conditioner, too. These are very concentrated products.