April 16, 2014 | 1574 users online

Foundations - Almay - Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by AHarmer

I would maybe buy this product again. I like the anti aging smart shade better. I found after using a couple of times it dried out my skin. The coverage was really good though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

after having a lot of trouble with another mousse foundation, I'm relieved to find this. it starts off grey but blends into the skin color. (pro tip: it doesn't actually match your skin. There are little color beads in it that pop when you rub it in). But this color actually matches my skin great and isn't drying! it doesn't make my acne prone skin any worse. I love the whipped texture, it just feels so good on my skin. I love this stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Karlielizabeth

Ok every product I use for my face gets discontinued. I reeeeeally really hope this products a keeper. I LOVE this face mouse. It gives my face which is extremely oily in some areas and extremely dry in others a nice dewy complexion. In the dry parts it really just has good coverage, not making my face look cakey and flaky and dry. LOVE this product. The jar it comes in sucks though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ceah

This has to be one of the most DECEPTIVE products that I have ever purchased. It caught my eye because the color what the darkest shade that I had ever seen in the Almay line. It is packaged in a little jar and you can clearly see the color, similar to other jars of foundation, right? UH, NO! The color that you see on the outside is NOT the color of the product coming through but the inner plastic portion of the jar dyed to a "foundation" color. But once you actually purchase it, take it home and open it is is a taupy, grayish color. I was so shocked, but decided to give it a try and it was a horrible color on my skin, grayish light ashy sorta kinda brownish. I spent $12 for this, that's more than Revlon Colorstay and my new fave, Queen 3 in 1. I just got this today and will be returning it Walmart tomorrow. I really feel that the packaging is very deceptive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by TantjeKimmie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this foundation and used it until it was empty. Texture, coverage and color was great BUT.. I hate any foundation that comes in a jar: it's messy, unhygienic and a hassle to open and close the jar withour getting product everywhere. I also felt it accentuated my pores and dry patches. I tried the lightest color in the summer and this has a medium coverage and yellow undertone (hooray!) so colorwise okay but if you're really pale my advice is to steer clear! It's way darker than the regular smart shade makeup. Overall a pretty good foundation with a good value if you can look past the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hollyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because I have sensitive skin and I like Mousse foundations, however after a day of wearing it I developed small bumps on my forehead. Otherwise it is a light foundation then blends nicely (despite the grey appearance in the bottle). I don't think I would buy it again even if it didn't break me out for foundation purposes because it doesn't have enough coverage, however I would consider buying a darker colour for contouring. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out my sensitive skin and looks great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After months of passing on this I bit the bullet and got it...AND HOW HAPPY I AM I DID! It will look crazy when u 1st open it because it's a cool toned lavender grey. You will have to make sure u rub this is really well. I am Definitely not a fan of using my finger for foundation...even the loreal liquid powder which is as thin and runny as they come gets a flat top Kabuki this is best done w fingers since it has to warm up to really get the full color going. It is feels moisturizing but it has matte still looks a little luminous. It does a good job and making my pores less noticeable (something I CAN'T say about whipped colorstay). I am actually surprised by the light to more medium coverage I get with this. Idk if this is true with the whole line but I have it in medium and it is EXTREMELY cool toned foundation...one of my fav things about it, it's not the normal pink toned that's usually associated with cool toned foundation though but it's def there. It has pretty good staying power for a non long wearing foundation. It's extremely creamy and u def can feel all the cones it has in it. When I need to know my foundation is going to stay put for a long time I will wear this under one of my other long wearing foundation, and does well as a primer too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lockie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was about to give up on foundation shades that automatically match to my skin, because none of them did. I didn't have too much hope for Almay Smart Shade Mousse but was I surprised. Not only did it really, really match my skin tone but it was just the amount of coverage I wanted. I just threw away all my other foundations now that I have Smart Shade Mousse. Very impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Ornella

I have always had flushed cheeks since I was a little girl, my rosiness often gets mistaken for rosacea. I never liked foundations that masked my complexion. I love this make up because it even's out my face without masking my rosy glow. It just tones it down and blends into my skin without any obvious undertone. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I honestly don't know why people don't like this product!! I wouldn't rate among my HG but I wouldn't give it a low rating either. Here's what I have concluded this far... Coverage: it is a light coverage, but build-able!! So those saying coverage sucks, add another one or two layers to the first one. Appearance: some have commented on the look the foundation has, saying it looks a grayish purple. You're right it does. However, if you ever had any of almay's smart shade makeup before, it all looks like that until you blend it in. The foundation didn't expire. Technique: definitely better when using fingers to blend. Texture: it feels like it would be really oily when you first put it on, almost like you could feel it "slide" off of your face, but once you let it set, it has a very smooth dry finish to it. It barely feels like you're wearing anything. That being said, if you do build for coverage, let one application dry first before applying another. Skin types: I have very dry skin. Some reviewers have mentioned it enhances dry spots.. It does, however, only did so in one small area on my chin. And I have dry patches all over my chin, by more nose... It's terrible. So for it to only enhance a very very small area, that's still a plus for me. I did set with a setting spray for added hydration. Staying power: not bad! I think if you wore it all day it would definitely need a touch up, but for an average 6-8 hr day, it should do just fine. So unless you have, super super dry, extremely blemished skin, then this product may not be for you. I wouldn't wear this every day, because I do like full coverage, however, days that I'm not feeling the full I will more than likely turn to this. Oh and packaging I think is cute, use spatula or q tip to avoid cross contamination as it is in a jar. I got mine at cvs, a little pricey there, but they were having a sale on almay products! But I think this foundation is worth a try!!