NARS Persia

4.3

on 6/7/2015 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh damn, oh god damn! This eyeshadow is so amazing. It is actually so versatile!!! Now obviously it looks so intermediating in the pan, but this is my go to crease shade when doing a super rusty brown eye. Basically this is how I use Nars Persia in an eye look: I would lay down Soft Ochre Paint Pot, then place a cream eyeshadow in a browny colour like Elliss Faas Ginger Freckle, then over top would go in with a rusty sheeny colour like Mac Mythology, MUG Goddess, or sometimes Mac Woodwinked. THEEENNNN I would lightly dip my brush in Nars Persia, and then start working it into the crease and under the eye. In the pan it looks like a straight up red/orange, but when worked into the crease it blends perfectly and just deepens a rust look to be even more "popping" (shame). Such good pigment, its just lush!

on 4/17/2015 5:45:00 PM

This is a gorgeous rusted terracotta orange- think dusty burnt earth or a desert sunset, and you've pretty much got the essence of this shade. I love to wear it everyday to compliment my other shadows by using it to blend out whatever is in my crease that day- with a very light hand, this imparts a gorgeous warmed finish that really 'finishes' my smokey eye looks. I also love applying it to my lower lash line after watching Lisa Eldridge's Marylin Monroe tutorial to really enlarge my eyes- it's a trick that absolutely works! She used red lipstick in her video but this orange works absolutely beautifully on my medium skin, and I find that it really makes my eyes look whiter and brighter, especially when I apply a very black mascara to my lower lash line- it really helps to frame my lashes and make them look longer and thicker. This is an intense, highly pigmented shade- make no mistake, it's largely and conventionally unwearable on its own, but lightly applied, boy oh boy does it work like magic for your eyes!

on 1/24/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

NARS describes this shade as a "matte paprika". I would describe this shade as a bright rusted orange. I'm not going to lie MUA, I was interested in this shadow because I am Persian. Its not a shade I would typically go for. I only took off one lippie since this shade is hard to pull off and not wearable for every day. I will not purchase.