NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

silica, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, lauroyl lysine, trimethylsiloxysilicate, glycerin, magnesium silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, chlorphenesin, polysilicone-2, maris aqua (sea water), aqua (water), barium sulfate, algae (algae extract), phenoxyethanol, alumina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, mica, cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), cl 77491 (iron oxides), cl 77492 (iron oxides)

on 2/21/2015 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best translucent loose powder I've come across to date. Helps sets and mattifies my makeup, a must in the humid conditions of South East Asia! Light reflecting particles really does a great job of diffusing imperfections in a your skin but better way. My skin is normal to dry that gets a bit shiny by mid afternoon and a touch up with the pressed powder version helps by a mile. I like that my skins feels comfortable in it throughout the day. I've not suffered from blemishes of any sort (it claims to be non-comedogenic) from daily use either. I'm currently using Make Up For Ever HD Powder but I find Nars so much better. MUFE while supposed to be translucent seems to make my skin slightly fairer in an unnatural way (maybe because too much product gets dispensed? I don't know I'm still experimenting). I will definitely repurchase this in the future.

on 2/15/2015 11:49:00 AM

I can not believe that this product is not rated higher. I have truly found my HG powder. This is it and there is no doubt whatsoever about it. This powder is so finely milled and just feels like silk. I wore it over a TM that has almost no coverage and it looked beautiful. I am trying to get out of stockpiling products because by the time I need another one I have moved on to something else but that will never ever happen with this, it is truly amazing and I am buying a spare :). I only use a little bit , I'm at that age. It gives the most beautiful and natural look of anything I have ever used and it feels so silky and beautiful on the skin. I love it love it live it!!! I suggest you give it a try.

on 2/3/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is the best setting powder for dry/sensitive skin it doesn't accentuate dry spots fine lines or wrinkles it doesn't irritate skin,dry it out or make it flaky. This powder blurs all my large pores and makes me look perfect !! It doesn't give a white cast its truly translucent and it gives a beautiful glow and its so finely milled and soft I don't mind the price because its a great product its the only powder I wear cause its the only one that works on my dry skin but for some people it may be too much I will repurchase this for ever !!!

on 1/22/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't hate this. I don't think it's the product's fault. I'm 38, and love it or not, you simply can not wear powder like you used to (unless you're going for the 10 years older look, natch). This is a very light powder and does set your foundation. I like to buff it in. It doesn't create a flat, matte mess; it has a very subtle matting effect that looks glowy. I'll buy it again if I don't like Chanel, which I'm trying next.

on 1/6/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this powder. I've tried several dupes (LA Girl, NYX, Sonia Kashuk) as well as similar high end products (Makeup Forever, Laura Mercier) but this is still my favorite because it mattifies and helps makeup stay on all day, but also diffuses imperfections and brightens the skin. This is not drying at all, like Makeup Forever HD powder can be. The only drawback so far is the packaging, which suddenly made a big mess in my makeup bag and on my counter. Other than that, this is awesome.

on 1/5/2015 11:23:00 PM

I used to love this powder alot. Until I found myself looking like casper in a picture, wearing this powder. In regular light, this is so finely milled, it leaves your skin looking fabulous, really soft. But then, in certain lights, it looks uneven and smudged.
I like that it's a lightweight product, but would have to reconsider repurchasing it-

on 1/5/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If this leaves you looking like Casper, you're using too much. This is an incredibly finely milled loose powder that makes skin look airbrushed and glowing, without any sparkles or shimmer. It's completely translucent when you use the correct amount. You really do only need to use the tiniest amount to set makeup (I find I only have to do one touch up on my nose later in the day), so this jar will last me a very long time. There are a lot of comparisons to MUFE HD powder, but I find this to be a superior product. I apply this with the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush.

on 1/2/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after looking for a translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. The powder is very finely milled and when you put it on the skin, it feels really silky smooth. However, it doesn't reflect light like it claims for me. Overall, this product is OKAY but nothing to write home about. In comparison to MUFE HD, it is finer and silkier but it does not do anything different. It's not worth the price tag.

on 11/20/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One Lovely day I was in my happy place aka sephora, needed a translucent powder, brought home makeup forevers powder. Next day I took it back.
Months later I decided to try NARS. Why! I thought to myself, all "translucent" will make you look like a ghost, remember the makeup forever disaster?
Today I could not live without my light reflecting powder, let me tell you why.
I have always had trouble getting products like blush to apply evenly. One sweep of this powder takes away any tackiness providing a truly smooth surface.
I set concealer with it
I sweep it over my eye primer before shadow (helps with blending)
Put a little on my brush before using highly pigmented blush
This will give you sort of a soft matte finish which is much more natural and believable, beautiful over dewy foundations.
There are small glitter particles but once blended are unnoticeable, not so light reflecting , more like light diffusing. Airbrush effect. Minimizes pores.
I have extremely dry skin but find no problems with using this powder.
I love the texture and the way it smooths the skin. It's like baby's butt in a jar.
Packaging is beautiful but a mess even though I only poked 2 holes through the plastic.
Pricey but you get more product than the pressed version but you don't need 5lbs to set your face anyway. Best part, no white cast.
Mac face & body set with NARS LRP is my favorite face.

on 10/23/2014 10:36:00 PM

I looooove this product.

Normally I steer clear of translucent powders as I've never been able to find one that doesn't make me look ghostly but this is just gorgeous! It makes my skin glow without any sparkle and my foundation stays on all day with a light dusting of this over top.

I apply my foundation and then my concealer. While those products are setting for a few minutes I'll do my brows before going over my face with this powder. I use a big fluffy brush and just sort of swirl it all over my skin. It's incredibly easy and because it's really translucent, it's hard to mess up when applying it.

It's pretty pricey (Especially here in New Zealand) but it's worth it for me. I don't have to touch up my makeup at all throughout the day.

My skin feels nice and light when wearing this and I don't feel like I've packed too much on my face with different creams and powders and what-not

Recommended for Normal Skin