July 31, 2014 | 1746 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by 0113ichijiku

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder made my skin dried up! Not only that pores appeared so bad. Feels like I was putting corn starch on my face. I don't recommend if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this freaking powder. Makes my foundations and tinted moisturizers look like real skin. Gives me a hydrated glow like Fix+ does but keeps my makeup in place.

I do a lot of bridal makeup and always use this because the chances of this flashing back in photography is extremely low, unlike comparable products i.e. MUFE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I prefer the pressed version of this powder which I find a lot more light reflecting. This is still a good powder it just doesn't have the same effect as the pressed version.

It's a finely milled and true translucent powder and you really don't need much at all, too much and it gets that "powdery" look which I really do not like. I find this buffs in beautifully and pairs with pretty much every liquid foundation I have tried it with.

My current favourite brush to apply this is the Elf flat top powder brush. Or lightly under eyes with a damp beauty blender - actually I must try the damp beauty blender to apply powder all over as it really does make it minimal and flawless over liquid foundation. As I have normal/combo skin I still get a little shiny in the T-Zone and need to blot after a few hours so I wouldn't say this would hold up that great on oily complexions.

I will use this up and enjoy it and repurchase the pressed version which definately has a more softening effect - loose is better value as I hit pan really fast on the pressed powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bowzerbowzerbowzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this because I love NARS products in general (orgasm blush is my go to), but this is just a miss for me. The only light reflecting aspect I can see is if you take a picture with flash and don't blend enough. You look like someone threw flour on your face. For the price, I wanted a better product. I'm not crazy about the packaging because if that lid is not perfectly on there then the powder will get everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Geeves1980

There are so many good reviews for this so I purchased it untested, which was a big mistake.
There is really nothing I like about this powder. It's not completely awful, there are worse, but it is one of the worst purchases I have made this year.
I can see the faintest bit of shimmer if a heavier swatch is on my arm, but on my face I do not detect any (unlike others have mentioned).
Unfortunately I also do not see the benefit of the supposedly 'light reflecting', 'blurring' effect as this powder sucks the life out of my face and makes my skin appear dry and dehydrated.
I don't have dry skin, at all, it's oily/combination but this is the one product that makes my skin dry. It also feels very drying and as a consequence my oil glands produce more oil to counteract the drying effect of the powder.
I have tried this over three different foundations and with two different brushes. Over one Chanel foundation, I aged about 20 years in 10 seconds!
Nars will not accept a return as I have used it 5 times so this was a waste of 25.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SmillaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this but I don't. I usually use Chanel loose powder (Chanel powder universelle libre) but was running out and thought I'd try this because it was much cheaper and the reviews were good. For a start, it's much cheaper because it's about a third of the size of the Chanel loose powder. And it smells weird, like food? And it kind of accentuates any dry patches and/or flakiness I have. But I think it wears well and as long as my skin is well exfoliated, it looks good. It's silky but nowhere near as silky as the Chanel. I'm not going to rebuy when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Warna83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I Love Love this product so much! I just need to dust a very thinny powder on my T-Zone areas and the result is perfect! It shaded my Pores, glowing my face and lock my bb ceram and foundation pretty Well. Even this product is quite expensive but believe me its really worth! Expensive for the first buying but save your money alot from buying others product for trail that finally stik cant find a Good one. No doubt for this wonderful product and will continue to purchase it. In Indonesia you can purchase it at LoveTheShop, just type it on Google and you will find Their web, Compare to many online seller, they are the cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply put, this is too shimmery to put all over your face, it looks like glitter! And on the other hand, it's not shimmery enough to use as highlighter, so I really can't think of any pros to this. I'm glad I tested it at Sephora before getting carried away by the positive reviews here. This one's a miss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been test driving this for the last week or so and honestly don't know how this powder is different from the regular NARS powder or my previous loose powder from Shiseido. It's not chalky, which is a plus, and it seems to absorb oil, which is why I wear it, but I'm not really noticing any light reflecting properties.

Packaging is a pain, but I plan on taping the sifter's powder holes or just taking the sifter out altogether and just unscrewing the top and using whatever clings to the inside of the top lid. This is definitely an at-home powder though. I wouldn't keep this in my purse makeup bag or take it traveling.

Right now I'm giving it a 3/5 but will update it if it grows on me. I swapped for this because I was running out of loose powder but I'm not sure that I'd repurchase at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a must buy if you use liquid foundation! Personally, I use NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and when I first bought it, I realized that it made my face way too shiny so I bought NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I was really skeptical about it, but it made my face look flawless. I was also worried that it would make my face look completely white in photos, but it actually looks very natural.

Some people complain about the packaging, since the powder tends to spill out everywhere when you take the cap off. The solution to this problem? Don't put it in your purse, just leave it at home. You won't need to take it with you. One application is enough for the entire day. The more you put on, the cakier it will look.