MAC Stolen Moment

on 6/7/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC has just made permanent many of their BEST Extra Dimension eyeshadows (including Sea Worship, one of the most lovely eyeshadows EVER), so I've been able to snap up some of the ones I missed in other collections so I was able to get this beauty last week.

Stolen Moment is a hard shade to describe - it's a cool toned dark brownish taupe and seems almost silvery (but I think that is from the Extra Dimension finish). If you like Nars Dual Intensity shadows, you will love the Extra Dimension formula (and vice versa). Like the Nars ones, these are designed to be used either with a damp brush or dry (actually my preference, since I tend to prefer a more subtle look which I can build up if I wish). And I actually like patting this on with my finger if I'm wearing a very dark shade in the outer V and a lighter shade on the inner corner - I'll "dot" Stolen Moment between the two as a last step to add depth with brightness but also create a nice transition between the two other colours. This is simply a FABULOUS colour.

It's not often I purchase backups of shadows but if Stolen Moment was LE, I would definitely buy a backup but, thankfully, it's not necessary.

on 1/24/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I asked for this shade for Christmas and I am so glad I did. I LOVE it. It is a lot like MAC's Satin Taupe, but the difference is in the packaging and it is actually a bit darker than Satin Taupe.

The packaging is really pretty and different than the usual MAC eyeshadows. A couple of my friends were going through my makeup and both of them stopped and were both "oooooh"ing at this shadow.

I imagine this would look awesome on all skin tones. For reference, I'm MAC NC15 foundation. I pair Stolen Moment with MAC's Jest shadow as a highlighter.

I really love this could and I hope MAC continues to make it because I definitely wanna buy it again and again!

The only downfall of this shadow is it's price tag. Since it's limited edition, it's a few bucks more than MAC's regular shadows.