April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - In Anticipation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with my sister. She loves it, but it is way too bright for me. I prefer Soar or Subculture. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I had high expectations for this liner since it was touted as an 8-10 hour lip liner. I didn't notice that much difference in the staying power compared to other lip liners, both highend and drugstore brands. The color is pretty and goes great with my collection of hot pink lipsticks, but I rated it with only two lippies because it is not a longwearing lip liner on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

About the Pro Longwear Lip Pencil collection:
MAC's website describes the Pro Longwear lip pencil line as "a new generation of longwearing lip pencil technology. Glides on fluidly and adheres instantly. Defines the lips with an instant release of rich, saturated colour. Pro-longs the hours between re-application. Transfer proof." This release of 10 lip pencils came out in fall 2011 and is part of the permanent collection.

Temptalia's review said that this line wears "like iron," 8-10 hours, and that underneath a lipstick, it seemed to add 1-2 hours of additional wear. She also said they were drying when worn alone, required a lip balm underneath, and took some extra make up remover to take off at the end of the day.

I do find this lip pencil line to be more pigmented and creamier than MAC's general lip pencils. It does apply very easily and while it's not moisturizing, it did not emphasize my dry patches (if I prime my lips before), and lasts 4-5 hours, which is very long on my lips. I didn't need anything extra to remove this lip color, it just faded (evenly - yay!) on it's own. I also wore with lip gloss ontop, as by itself it looked kind of flat and like a solid coat of paint.

MAC's website describes In Anticipation as a "soft yellow pink". Temptalia's review calls it "a brightened pink with yellower undertones. It delivers nice even, opaque color. Bobbi Brown Mod Pink is similar but brighter." On my pigmented lips, it looks like a lovely bright pink rose. I love pairing this with MAC's lipstick in Lustering or Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in Rose. Beautifully flattering colors on my complexion. It also goes well with NARS Outlaw blush.