September 16, 2014 | 1821 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Glinda Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a stunning palette! I put off purchasing it for a very long time, I thought the more pastel, cooler toned shadows might not look good on my warm skin. I was wrong! I finally picked this up on UD's site for $24, a total steal. The colors are just gorgeous, every one of them is pigmented, smooth in texture, and look brilliant applied. There really isn't a bad shadow in the bunch. The 2 split colors in Aura, the white duo, look amazing layered over darker colors. I was thrilled to see UD included a 24/7 liner in Rockstar, it's a great deep neutral purple. The lip color is also beautiful, a perfect nude! The only issue I have encountered with it is it seems to cling to some dry patches on my lips. Next time I wear it I will exfoliate my lips first and see if that solves the problem. I love UD's build your own palette interface and am so glad they did it this way for Glinda. I hope to see a lot more of these type of palettes in the future. I did say that I would repurchase this palette, since it's LE that won't be an option, but Glinda has opened my eyes to a new world of colors I never would have tried otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this palette but I dont love this palette. I like the pigmentation of the shadows and the eye pencil. I love the lip pencil its so smooth and feels good on the lips. I think all the colors are pretty but compared to the Theodora its not wowing me. I love the box and the way the palette looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stunning..... This palette represents the UD I know and love. I have been let down by the 15th Anniversary palette and Vice 1 so I was skeptical. This was being sold on UD website at 1/2 price so I just caved. I'm happy I did.

All the shadows are more beautiful than pictured and the pigmentation is like no other. I think the shade 'Magic' a pale pink/lavender with a golden shift - is a bit dry and not pigmented as the others. In fact is seems to be the same shade 'Tainted' from the 15th Anniversary palette. The only difference I could detect is the texture. Tainted is more powdery. Pretty color but the texture is off in both cases.

"Oz" the 1/2 silver, 1/2 gold pan has fallout like everyone says but the color pay off is insane. Its like metallic paint and so buttery.

I'm dark and was concerned but I really love this. I did an entire eye look with this palette. I placed "Illusion" (satin cream) on the brow bone, blended "Tornado" (eggplant purple) on the outer crease into the crease and an overlapping of "Oz" (gold) and "Magic" on the inner 2/3 of my eye. I lined my eye with "Rockstar"- a blackened purple eyeliner. It is rich and smooth. It glides effortlessly along the upper and lower lash line.

The "Glinda" saturated lip pencil is a shimmery peachy/nude l/s which did flatter my skintone pleasantly to my surprise. It is a bit sticky and heavy but not uncomfortable. I used it with UD l/l in "Paranoid". The staying power and shine was excellent.

The end result was of using this palette was amazing.

This is a really great palette and the colors work well for a range of skin tones. The quality of the products here are some of the best and this palette helps to restore some the confidence I lost with some previously released palettes. Looking forward to more mixed palettes (eye, lips and cheek palettes) from UD. I can't wait.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited about this product when I swatched it - I immediately had to have it. I have not been disappointed at all! You would think the lighter colors wouldn't show up well on very pale skin like mine, but they translate beautifully. I really hope they keep some of these shades around - they are unique and gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this! Actually, I loved the Aura so much that I bought two more off eBay (singles removed from the palette) and another Tornado. Very beautiful colors, densely pigmented, and fairly long staying power. I very much hope they make some (most!) of these colors permanent. I also just got the Maybelline Color Tattoos for Spring 2013 and I feel like Waves of White is a close dupe for Aura (although WOW is a little green leaning) and MAC Vellum e/s is an EXACT dupe. (both of these dupes are in reference to the violet side of Aura.) Urban Decay Mushroom is a dupe for South. Too Faced Romantic Palette has a dark purple that is a perfect dupe for Tornado. I have yet to find a dupe for Magic, Illusion, and OZ, but when (if) I do, I will edit this post to reflect them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Edel2013

I've been lusting after this since the day it came out and I purchased it as soon as my finances would allow (or not as the case may be!). The fact that it was limited edition created a sense of urgency for me, I wanted it NOW (a lesson in marketing anyone?!) Now I'm the kinda girl who loves pinks, pastels and anything that glitters so deciding between the Glinda and Theodora palettes was a no-brainer for me. The soft pastel pink and peach, the iridescent aura and the deep purple and silver really fed my shadow addiction. And so far none of the colours disappoint. One thing I will note though, they do not last the full 8 hours on my eyes, in fact now even close to it. I always prep my lids with UD primer potion and they last for a bit but do not have the last power of MAC shadows - sad but true. Having said that I'm glad I purchased this palette, ITS SO PRETTY!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

This is the cotton candy bouquet your father never lets you buy at the carnival. Bright, fun, yummy and oh so bad for your wallet. I was debating on whether I should go with this or the Theodora, but since I am always clutching onto my neutrals, I knew I had to have something fresh and bright for spring.

The packaging is sturdy and absolutely lovely especially sitting by my other flimsy cardboard or faux velvet palettes...ahem naked 1. Easy to clean.

Colors....I was afraid most would not show on my nc30 skin since they are mostly sparkly white/sheer/pastel shades. Wrong!!!! A little NYX milk on my bare lids and they popped out so well without looking like I wanted to be a real life good witch disco ball reincarnate. Absolutely refreshing compared to my boring browns and taupes.

Price...I may never have children because this has wiped out all current and future monies and paltry savings I ever had to begin with. My god, limited edition means I want to buy it, 50 dollars price point for only a few colors means I want to cry about my poor credit.

Usage? I pull this out frequently as highlighter shades to supplement my other looks. I'm not a fan of the deep purple as I am really noobtastic with smokey shades, so I only use it as a outer v shade when I'm not feeling black or brown for the night out.

Overall, I love this palette because its something shiny at the toy store. Investment? No. Purdy? Yes. The glitter shades are to die for as I've never gotten any fall out from them even when I go crazy with glitta fevah.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Lornamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this palette, its really good value for money aswell, 8 eyeshadows, a lipgloss/stick and an eyeliner all for 35! The colours are all lovely and pigmented my favorite being the 2 aura shades. The lip-colour that comes with the palette is a your lips but better nude brownish/pink and looks really natural on my lips. The eyeliner doesn't budge and I will re-buy it when I use it all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Phoenix41970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this would look chalky on my skin so I swatched it at Ulta first. I loved it! The colors were pastels, perfect for spring. They were very pigmented. You can do so many different looks. Watch out for the gold/silver duo shadow. That one has some serious fallout issues. My favorite aspect of the palette was that you can switch out other UD colors to build your own palette. I won't have to buy another palette. I can just replace other colors as I want to.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't interested in this when it came out or when I saw the swatches online but changed my mind after seeing it in person. The iridescent shift colors are so gorgeous and I love the purple and gray color. I also wanted a deep purple eyeliner like Rockstar. The eyeliner isn't as purple as I would like - it looks like a soft black. The lip pencil looks great - reminds me of lip junkie in Naked. I would definitely recommend this palette over the Theodora palette for pale people w/ cool tone skin.