September 30, 2014 | 1047 users online

Foundations - NARS - Gobi

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

For Reference my skin is NC/NW 10ish or Nars Sheer Glow Mont Blanc in the summer. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances. (wheat, soy, msg (yes it is in some makeup), beeswax, bismuth oxychloride))

Highlight/quick REVIEW this product:

NARS Sheer Glow in Gobi

My Foundation Check List::

Correct shade match ::check
No Sunscreen ::check (I am picky about sunscreen)
Versatile Coverage ::check (light to medium)
Lasting (10+ hours) ::check (powdered, primer, or both)
Good for Combination/oily skin ::check
No reactions, acne, or topical reaction ::check
Transfer resistant :: Check
Pigmentation :: medium (several drops cover the whole face)
Finish :: semi/dewy (depends on skin type with out setting)
Application recommendation :: fingers (brush will work too but fingers are better)

I ALWAYS USE A PRIMER.

This is my HG liquid foundation,. Mostly because of the ingredient list and the colour match for my skin. It is currently winter and I feel that Gobi is a better match since my skin isn't as pink as it is in the summer. (I don't really get darker or lighter as much as pinker and yellower due to being pale)

I typically have oily/combination skin. The line down the middle of my face is oily. It isn't even a T zone. It's eyebrow to eye brow and down. The edges of my face are combination. However, I was used benzoyl peroxide (the amount of a grain of rice) for a few months and noticed my skin became incredibly dry and mirco flaky. The dryness wasn't noticeable until I put on foundation. When I applied this foundation on my skin, it accentuated my dry skin and stuck in my pores. I found mixing with a moisturizer helped this some.

When not using BP, this foundation looks smooth and flawless on my skin. I do not need full coverage, and I only want enough pigment to even out the tone and redness in my face. When I want more coverage I can apply a second layer. However, I wouldn't use this to cover up blemishes or scaring. It lets your skin, well, look more like skin, so large pores and scaring will still show through.

I have never found anything that didn't fill in large pores but covered them without looking fake or cakey. I have never found a concealer than covered scabby pimples or raw skin flawlessly. I have never found a foundation that makes my scars disappear from my face complete. I was looking for a foundation to even out skin tone, redness, and let my natural skin show through, while providing hours and hours of coverage with out breaking me out and be my exact colour match, this is the only foundation that meets my requirements.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No