Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

4.4

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Wax Beads, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Charcoal, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Carbomer 980, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Oil, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid.

on 8/26/2015 10:41:00 AM

Found this little beauty in a stocking stuffer last year, I use it about twice daily and have already re-purchased a few times. The little wax beads that are in the formula gently exfoliate all the dead skin while the activated charcoal helps flush out all the dirt from inside my skin. I noticed I can't use it more than once or twice a week when my skin feels dry or I do get red.

on 8/7/2015 3:23:00 PM

I've been using this and the Damascus Rose Cream, and so I'm not sure which is working the most, but I definitely can see an improvement--and in only a week! It's such a luxurious treat for my skin, and I feel very refreshed after using it. My skin has been looking more radiant and evenly toned, and I can't complain. Thank you Michael Todd!! Don't change this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the unique combo of the beads and charcoal but I want to find a more inexpensive option before I decide to buy this again

on 3/31/2014 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This scrub just melts away blackheads and impurities. I love the scent and texture. Despite the coconut oil in it, it doesn't make me break out and leaves my skin super soft and clear. I use this a couple of times a week after cleansing my face. Gently work it in for a minute or two, then rinse thoroughly. When you first start using it, it may make you break out a little as the charcoal draws out impurities. Don't stop using it!!! This really works. It's kind of pricey and only available on the MTTO website. I'm hoping it will become available on other sites at some point .... EDIT 11/2014: Of course MTTO changed the formula of this like they've done with most of their products by now. My first tube (original formula) is the review above, where I gave it 4 lippies. My second tube that I just finished is the current/updated formula; it no longer works and is a goopy mess. I think they took away the precious oils and replaced them with sticky emulsifiers. This scrub no longer melts into the skin and doesn't feel good anymore afterwards. It also takes longer to rinse off. SO SAD!!! I'm reducing it to 1 lippie. I definitely WON'T repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is a nice cleanser but nothing spectacular. didn't break me out so that was great. wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/31/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry sensitive skin. This works decently in terms of being a mild scrub with very fine granules. The problem is: it leaves some kind of residue on my skin after I have rinsed it off, which makes my skin feel like it's beginning to sweat. Basically, there is something in this that my skin doesn't like. As long as I have some foamy cleanser I can wash my face with after, this works well, but I wish I didn't HAVE to wash my face with something else than water after

on 1/7/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample of this from Ipsy I think, and it has been so wonderful! I use it in the morning every other day, so I can't comment on its abilities as a makeup remover, but it makes my skin feel really smooth and clean. I also think it helps with acne. Love the natural ingredients, I really try to avoid putting chemicals on my face since my skin can be sensitive and reactive, and this is so gentle!

on 12/28/2013 12:09:00 PM

I love this it makes my skin feel smooth and supple and it cleans out ALL the dirt in my pores and I can't live without this! It also helps keep my acne at bay! But be sure not to over exfoliate and that also goes with any other scrub! The lady my mum goes too to get her facials done said the best thing for teenage girls to do to keep there skin fresh and young and pimple free is to not over exfoliate their skin once or twice a fortnight is perfect but anymore than that then you are damaging your skin!! SO DONT OVER EXFOLIATE EVERRR!! But I love this scrub so much!!!

on 12/4/2013 5:55:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of this one. I love the IDEA of it, but jojoba beads for exfoliating? That just doesn't make any sense. They are round, big, and waxy. I want a bit more scrub in my physical exfoliants. The product is black from the charcoal and looks a hot mess when used. I keep fearing that it's going to stain my sponges and towels when I remove it. Thankfully it does not seem to. I received this in a subscription box, but I found myself losing interest in even using it up real quick. I'd much prefer to use ExfoliKate or something else.

on 11/11/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While I don't think this is an incredibly effective scrub (the beads are big and kind of waxy), I think it's an effective everyday cleanser. It cleanses well and is still moisturizing, plus I really like the smell.