Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - Nude

on 8/23/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the first formula of eyeliner I have been able to wear on my waterline with any success whatsoever. Most eye liners I've tried in that location were irritating, causing my eye to water up and removing all the eyeliner near-instantly (and requiring tissues and Q-Tips for cleanup).

"Nude" is an opaque, yellow-based light tan (no shimmer) that is great for brightening the eye up without appearing overly stark/garish like white liners can appear. The formula is creamy and lasts well, only slowly wearing away throughout a full day (this is amazing lasting power on the waterline for me).

I highly recommend this line to others that usually have issues with water-lining their eyes. "Nude" is a nice "pick-me-up," especially on days you've not quite gotten enough rest.

on 8/16/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this on my waterline and if I let it dry before blinking, it stays on a good period of time, considering I have very watery eyes. It's a super creamy pencil, which is nice for such a delicate part of the eye.

on 8/11/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love love love this stuff!

It's so creamy and just glides right on your waterline. It lasts all day! I love the color on my brown skin and I love how big it makes my eyes look. I highly recommend this!

on 5/13/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I always disliked using a white liner on the water line because it looked so stark and obvious. I'm really glad that there now these nude shades are more common and that Rimmel has provided us with this affordable option. I am still looking for that perfect waterline shade as I find this to be nude but it does lean towards orange. I still use this fairly often and it does do a good job at brightening up the eyes. What I enjoy most about this is that it lasts a really long time on my waterline. At the end of the day obviously the vibrancy is gone but there is some colour remaining and I am very impressed with this. It also applies smoothly and you don't have to drag it along sensitive eye space, reducing irritation. Also, while I like using it on the waterline I find that for some reason if I use it along my lash line or in the corner of my eyes it makes my skin look dry and gross so I use it exclusively on my waterline. Until I find that perfect shade I will repurchase this.

on 5/4/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This looked awesome and indeed made me look more awake. Unfortunately, NOTHING stays on my waterline. In terms of what that looked like, it wasn't a disaster - the nude color blended into my skin tone more than black or brown, so there wasn't much visible smudging. However, sometimes when I wear this, it smears all over my contacts and I literally get blurred vision. Let's just say this is not terribly convenient when this happens during a microbiology lab and I can't see squat through my microscope. Hey, at least I got to practice Gram staining my specimens until I knew the procedure down cold. Win? I will try using this as an eyeshadow base, where I suspect it will work well.

on 4/25/2015 2:44:00 PM

Bought this to use on my waterline as I think white is too stark. Love this!! Think it makes me look more awake and that is what everyone says but it's true. That's all I use it for, though, so if you have no desire or need to want to wake up your eyes than you can pass on this. I just have hooded eyelids and dark brown eyes so I feel like I need to open my eyes a bit. Would definitely repurchase but this pencil will last quite a while.

What a great light nude waterline pencil! A lot of pencils won't stay on my waterline or are irritating, but this works wonderfully. I am very happy with this product, especially considering the low price point.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This did not work for me. I think it's supposed to make your eyes look bigger when applied in the waterline and give your eyes a fresh wide awake look. It did just the opposite for me. I knew right away when applying it that this was a bad look, it made my eyes look smaller, dead and blah ~ just gave me an overall sickly look. Either the color was wrong for me or this is just not the look to go for with aging eyes. I'll just stick with my brown liner in the waterline. Oh well, how will we ever know what works if we don't try it. For any of you girls who like this technique I would definitely recommend this pencil because I found it to be quite creamy and it did stay put even on my watery eyes. I think it is a quality pencil and that is why I gave it a high rating. Just because the look didn't work for me does not mean it is not a good product.

on 3/9/2015 12:44:00 PM

I bought this based on many YouTube recommendations for using this in the waterline as a subtle, natural eye-opener to make you look more awake. The product is extremely creamy which results in a messy application unless I am very careful. However, the reason this only gets one lippie from me is that the color completely clashes with my eyes and skin tone. I have extremely cool-toned skin and blue eyes and every time I wear it I end up looking sick and puffy-eyed. If you have similar coloring to me you may want to pass this one by.

on 3/6/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this as a wash over my eyelid instead of primer. Works a treat when you're short on time.

Not so keen on it as an inner rim eyeliner.

Can't fault the performance for the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials