July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - Smooth Stay 1 Inch Titanium Straightener

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It straightens hair alright, but I find it doesn't keep it straight as long as other straighteners I've used. I don't completely blame it since I do live in a climate where the air is very humid. But the thing that gets me is I barely had it for a year and it broke. I went to use it one morning and it wouldn't heat up a single bit. It really should have lasted longer, so I was quite disappointed and wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best straightener I've found for the price (it was $20 at target). I prefer titanium plates over ceramic because the titanium doesn't chip over time and it doesn't snag or break my hair. This straightener has 30 heat settings, which is nice because it can work for a variety of hair textures. It also has a "30 second heat up". I don't think it actually came up to temp in 30 seconds, but it was definitely hot enough to straighten my hair within a minute. It did smoke a little and smell when I turned it on the first time. According to Revlon this is normal and it hasn't happened since the first use. It took about 4 passes over each section to get my hair pin straight on the medium heat setting. I did have to spend a little extra time on my bangs to get them flipped the way I like. That leads me to believe that this iron might not be very good for doing curls or waves. It did take a few minutes longer than normal to get my hair as straight as I like, but not a huge difference. The plates had no "hot spots" and my hair cooled down very quickly after each section. In the end my hair was very soft and shiny. It has an auto shut off feature which I tested on my first use. After I finished straightening my hair I left the iron on while I did my makeup and got dressed. The iron did shut itself off after an hour like its supposed to. I guess that's a bonus but I've never forgotten to turn off my straightener. Its packaging is very easy to open and came with a bonus light up compact mirror. I give it 4 out of 5 simply because of the 30 second heat up claim. I do love everything about this straightener and when it dies in the future I will most likely buy another.