October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Palettes - Laura Mercier - Free Spirit baked eye colour palette

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

The Free Spirit palette is from the 2013 Arabesque collection. This is the first baked shadow I've tried from Laura. I like the versatility of being able to achieve different shades of the color when using it wet. I am not normally a blue eye shadow person, but the other three colors in the palette won out. I applied the light blue on my lid and shaded the crease with the med. blue. I wasn't really loving it, so I went over the crease part with the dark coppery color and "voila" it transformed into a greyish lavender color, which I was quite pleased with. The light sand color is very pale used dry, more taupe when wet. All the shades are a bit powdery when using a dry brush, although I don't have any fallout. The brush it comes with is very nice and substantial; the only thing I don't like is the well the brush sits in is too deep, I have to turn the palette over and dump the brush out.

Overall, these shades offer a nice assortment of looks. The finish is shimmery, but not over the top (definitely more shimmery when used wet). I also think the price is pretty reasonable for this category.