TRESemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner

3.6

on 2/21/2015 1:23:00 AM

I bought a huge container of this (along with the shampoo) on sale to put in the guest bathroom, with no intention of using it. I know, that sounds bad, but it was the guest bathroom! Then I used it when I ran out of my usual conditioner - holy cow, I was shocked at how nice my hair looked! Manageable and soft, and it helped a lot with my constant battle against frizz. For a regular use product, I recommend this for those who struggle with frizz.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I really wanted to like this shampoo and conditioner (it's inexpensive and claims to defrizz hair) I couldn't. The main problem is that it made my hair fall out quite considerably. In fact, all of the tresemme products do this to my hair :( As for how the product works, it did quite a decent job considering that it is a very cheap product but Its not good enough to risk my hair falling out. It has sulfates in it so when I change to a sulfate free shampoo I did notice that my hair fell out less bit no shampoo/conditioner (even with sulfates) has made my hair fall out this much.

on 12/1/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the whole TRESemmé 7days Keratin smooth system, so the conditioner, the shampoo and the heat activated treatment.

First of all, I have long hair, almost to my butt, color-treated for the ear down, wavy but mostly straight. The roots get greasy on the third day but the ends are dry and prone to breaking and they knot a lot.

I got a lot of samples for this product. I got about 2-3 foils packets and also the whole system full size. The system is great but be prepared to feel like your hair is coated and touch weird. It looks pretty when you are not touching it, I got some compliments on my beautiful hair, but in the same time they touched weird and plastic. The smell of the product is great and the feeling is great too. Overall, it's not a bad product, it's just not an everyday product. I would use for an event where I wanted really sleek and soft and shiny hair, but not everyday, because they feel so coated.

on 10/13/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This makes my hair so soft! If your hair is protein sensitive you may experience breakage with regular use so once weekly may suffice~ I use a protein free hydrating conditioner after this and it seems to prevent breakage :)

on 8/31/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not notice a difference after using the entire bottle I have decided to use something else.

This ones a keeper for my coloured, fine, slightly wavy hair. My hair loves keratin and so far the more I throw at it the better the condition. I only bought this because my ends were looking slightly frazzled and I couldn't get hold of my usual Aphogee two minute treatment so I figured this would be okay instead. It was perfect and as I'm a tart and not faithful to any one brand I'll pick this up again when it's on special offer. I wouldn't use it every day as it's pretty intensive for me nor would it totally replace my Aphogee as that's ideal for hair that's totally out of condition, but it's great for days when my hair needs some extra moisture or just for zapping my dry ends.

on 8/17/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know everybody's hair is unique and reacts in different ways, but after trying 7 or 8 kinds of conditioners specifically for dry hair, I will never buy anything else. This product is fab :)

on 7/28/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Every product that has keratin in it, my hair does not agree with. But, my hair definitely likes this conditioner alot. I like using different conditioners offered within the Tresemme line. Their conditioners all cost less than $5, plus, they come in big sizes as well. I don't have damaged hair, i actually use this conditioner towards strenthening my hair, and helping it to stay as healthy as possible. I have very dry, naturally curly hair and this conditioner works great for my hair. As, it adds moisture, slip, helps with controlling frizz, makes detangling a lot easier, and most of all it works to make my hair much stronger with each and every use. Out of all of the Tresemme conditioners that I own and use, this one by far is my favorite.

on 7/4/2014 4:10:00 AM

I have only one conditioner that I've liked for years, which is Tresemme's Smooth & Silky conditioner. After they added Moroccan Oil to it (didn't like) I started trying out different ones and was given the Keratin Smooth line as a gift and it transformed my hair.

Give it a week or two of regular uses before deciding if you like it or not. I tried a different conditioner after using this and couldn't figure out why my hair looked so frizzy that day until I realized it was this conditioner that did all the smoothing. I don't even need to blow dry my hair for smoothness anymore. It straightens out my waves a tad, but not dramatically or anything.

I started mixing this conditioner with their Renewal Hair & Scalp Therapy conditioner and after a few weeks of it looking just okay suddenly I had the smoothest and shiniest air dried hair of my life. Even my MALE friend asked me how I get my hair so shiny (it was air dried with no product in that day)! Out of all of the conditioners I've tried, this combination is the only one I've found to rival the old Smooth & Silky conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Having loved the shampoo in this line (read my review) I was excited about trying the conditioner. I must mention though that I don't use the shampoo regularly because although it's low sulphate, I am only using fully sulphate free products now.

Anyway, one confusing thing about the packaging is that I excepted it to be red like the shampoo in the same line. It is white, which is genuinely the reason why I began using it so late - I couldn't find it till I went to my chemist and specifically asked for it!

Having said all that, the conditioner is not as good as the shampoo. My hair is soft but not smooth or frizz free which is a shame. I am more of a fan of conditioner since shampoo just washes off completely whereas you can still feel conditioner in your hair after washing. This is one time where the shampoo is better than the conditioner. On the plus side, these products are cheap.

I should also mention that I used the version available in India. Sometimes the same product has different formulae in different regions.