TRESemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner

3.6

on 8/18/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried a variety of different drug-store conditioners over the years, and this one by far is my favorite. Its about ($6-$8 Canadian) and does a great job at keeping my hair soft.

My advice for using this product is to really massage it into the hair, and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing. My hair loves soaking it up!

I had platinum blonde hair when I discovered this product and it helped keep it relatively healthy. However, I also only use shampoo every second or third wash in pair with this product. On the days I showered and didn't use shampoo I would just wash my hair with this conditioner. Love it! I will continue buying this product.

on 8/16/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this conditioner, its currently my HG and I wished they will never discontinue it because I will cry. I use this together with the keratin shampoo which I love as well and this combo makes my hair so smooth and soft and healthy. I get compliments all the time on healthy my hair look. This conditioner defrizzes my hair and keep it from having flyways. I also notice less hair breakage or fallout with this conditioner. It also kept my hair dye intact for quite some time.

Just some background of my hair, its shoulder length and dyed a medium brown. I dye my roots every 8 weeks as it grows out and redye my hair every six months as the color fades. I always get them done at the salon. I never heat style my hair at all, I typically leave my hair to dry naturally and I wash my hair everyday. Treatment wise, I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair every night and do a DIY deep treatment conditioner mask once every 2 weeks.

on 8/7/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use the shampoo, conditioner and serum in this line and it has made my hair noticeably smoother, softer and less frizzy. I buy the pack of 32oz bottles (shampoo and conditioner) with pumps at Sam's club for $10 or so and they last forever. The serum I get at Walmart or shoprite and I first got it because it was the most affordable serum and I continue to buy it because it's working wonders in my hair. If you have dry, frizzy hair, this is the product for you!

on 2/21/2015 1:23:00 AM

I bought a huge container of this (along with the shampoo) on sale to put in the guest bathroom, with no intention of using it. I know, that sounds bad, but it was the guest bathroom! Then I used it when I ran out of my usual conditioner - holy cow, I was shocked at how nice my hair looked! Manageable and soft, and it helped a lot with my constant battle against frizz. For a regular use product, I recommend this for those who struggle with frizz.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I really wanted to like this shampoo and conditioner (it's inexpensive and claims to defrizz hair) I couldn't. The main problem is that it made my hair fall out quite considerably. In fact, all of the tresemme products do this to my hair :( As for how the product works, it did quite a decent job considering that it is a very cheap product but Its not good enough to risk my hair falling out. It has sulfates in it so when I change to a sulfate free shampoo I did notice that my hair fell out less bit no shampoo/conditioner (even with sulfates) has made my hair fall out this much.

on 12/1/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the whole TRESemmé 7days Keratin smooth system, so the conditioner, the shampoo and the heat activated treatment.

First of all, I have long hair, almost to my butt, color-treated for the ear down, wavy but mostly straight. The roots get greasy on the third day but the ends are dry and prone to breaking and they knot a lot.

I got a lot of samples for this product. I got about 2-3 foils packets and also the whole system full size. The system is great but be prepared to feel like your hair is coated and touch weird. It looks pretty when you are not touching it, I got some compliments on my beautiful hair, but in the same time they touched weird and plastic. The smell of the product is great and the feeling is great too. Overall, it's not a bad product, it's just not an everyday product. I would use for an event where I wanted really sleek and soft and shiny hair, but not everyday, because they feel so coated.

on 10/13/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This makes my hair so soft! If your hair is protein sensitive you may experience breakage with regular use so once weekly may suffice~ I use a protein free hydrating conditioner after this and it seems to prevent breakage :)

on 8/31/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not notice a difference after using the entire bottle I have decided to use something else.

This ones a keeper for my coloured, fine, slightly wavy hair. My hair loves keratin and so far the more I throw at it the better the condition. I only bought this because my ends were looking slightly frazzled and I couldn't get hold of my usual Aphogee two minute treatment so I figured this would be okay instead. It was perfect and as I'm a tart and not faithful to any one brand I'll pick this up again when it's on special offer. I wouldn't use it every day as it's pretty intensive for me nor would it totally replace my Aphogee as that's ideal for hair that's totally out of condition, but it's great for days when my hair needs some extra moisture or just for zapping my dry ends.

on 8/17/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know everybody's hair is unique and reacts in different ways, but after trying 7 or 8 kinds of conditioners specifically for dry hair, I will never buy anything else. This product is fab :)