October 20, 2014 | 2127 users online

Powder - Clarins - Skin Illusion loose powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Lovemakeup55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

That's my favorite powder right now. U can use it as a powder and if u apply more, it covers just like a liquid foundation. The coverage is so good, u will be surprised that a loose powder can provide such a good coverage. It is light, easy to apply and gives you a nice glow. It looks so natural that no one will even notice that u have it on your face. But if you are looking for a matte powder, then u r not gonna like it.
What I don't like about this powder is the packaging and a brush that goes with it, besides that it is a perfect everyday and a night out foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am 43, and look like 63 when using mineral foundations.
This one is an exception.
It evens out more than covers, but blurs lines and especially large pores. (Worked in selling makeup, that's how I know about the pores)
Stays on well and doesn't change color.
If you, like me, have dark undereye skin, you may want to use a separate concealer.
Packaging is pretty, but if you want the shiny gold to look good, you have to wipe the fingerprints off every time you use it.
I am very pale, most brand don't make foundations pale enough.
103 Ivory is right for me, but it's not available in Europe, ordered from strawberrynet, in Australia. (Guess they use sunscreen over there)
Will rebuy if I ever run out, quick and easy product.
I just put some powder in the brush, then swirl in the protective cup that covers the holes to the powder.
Pleasant violet scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by TheEverydayCogger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For being a "mineral powder" it contains a lot of other stuff. Nice scent, but I'm not used to so much scent from mineral makeup. Crazy packaging! Not very environmental friendly to waste so much plastic, and it's also heavy. Hard little brush. Had severe difficulties to remove the inner lid. Didn't want to replace it and use as a bowl for swirling, because would I ever get it up again without tools? Can't take it with me, it's too heavy and that's bad because I travel a lot.
After a few days I filled a Laura Mercier mineral jar with the Clarins powder. Much better!
Anyway, the powder looks good on me and feels good. Got it cheaper because of a a campaign at my store and will not buy it again. Very irritated because of the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging's awkward. Unscrewing the lid is a chore and I always get an exes amount on a brush from where it lays on the powder. The brush itself is too hard and thus irritates my skin.
It's unforgiving to dry skin patches. After a few hours my skin is oily in T-zone and visibly dry on the cheeks. Not good for winter.

upd. I feel I was unfair to this powder. IMHO, it does no miracles for oily skin, the packaging is rubbish and it's no good for a winter dry/flaky skin. But it improves complexion, the brush is not that bad and it smells nice. So, plus one star.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is called Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts. Only the leaflet in the box mentions that it is loose powder foundation.
First of all, by the name you'd think this was a mineral foundation, but the first ingredient is talc and to my knowledge one of the main characteristics of mineral makeup is that it's talc-free (which I always found a bit strange since talc is a mineral). The reason I bought it was the packaging. It comes in a chunky lucite cube with a big golden lid with a small kabuki-style brush that snaps into it. It looks gorgeous and totally covetable and the pprtability is about zero if you don't have a Birkin you can chuck it into. The thing is a bit messy to handle.You unscrew the liid, pop out the brush (which has short hair and is very dense and firm, but soft. A lovely brush!) remove the inner lid (it comes with a sifter that I threw out because I couldn't see how you would be able to use it, dip the brush carefully in the powder (you don't need much) tap off the excess, replace the inner lid so you can use it as a kind of mixing bowl, work the powder into brush and go to work on your face. It took a few uses to get the hang of how to get a good result and at first I was quite dissapoited in it. But if you make sure your "canvas" is neither too sticky or too dry (a primer is a good idea) and buff the powder into the skin it looks pretty darn good. The finish is matte, but Clarins claims it has light diffusers and stuff in it (opal powder is one ingredient). There's no discernable shimmer and the finish actually looks better after half an hour or so. I would call the coverage medium. The powder is has fragrance, a typical sweet, soft powder smell that I quite like. Not many shades to choose from. I use 108 sand, a neutral shade that suits my light skin well. I might repurchase. All in all, a good powder foundation with a high quality brush in a beautiful, but impractical jar. Very nice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No