Smashbox More Than Primer Dark Spot Correcting

2.3

on 3/4/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product. I don't use it all over my face- because it's not a matifying primer. I use it on the dry spots of my face, or mixed in with another primer, (Rimmel 002 Fix&Perfect). I may be crazy, but I feel as though this primer has helped to even out my complexion within a few months. The price is very high for this product, but other than that- I like it.

on 11/26/2014 6:53:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I was really excited when i finished my UD primer potion and had a reason to buy this one. It does feel amazing on the skin and makes it super smooth but when I put makeup on top of it it made it look all patchy and it was collecting in my pores instead of hiding them which has never happened to me, as I don't have particularly large pores. Feels ok but makes makeup look bad. Going to try and make it work so that it wasn't a total waste of money, but am really tempted to get a different one.

on 9/13/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got a sample of this from Sephora, to correct the hyperpigmentation under my eyes/around my nose/on my forehead on my dark skin before putting on foundation. While it's not a miracle worker, it did smooth out my skin and even out my skintone a little bit, especially the dark undereye circles. However, I wouldn't buy it because the chemical smell is too strong, the texture was a little too runny, and when applied, it dried up my dry spots. It didn't feel like a primer that would make make-up last longer, which is a priority for me with my oily skin.

on 6/7/2014 1:24:00 PM

This is absolute rubbish. It doesn't correct or begin to hide dark spots. It's possibly the worst product that I've ever used!!!

on 3/5/2014 12:57:00 PM

Doesn't do what it claims. Not a good dark spot corrector or primer. Doesn't correct dark spot, doesn't absorb oil and doesn't set my makeup. Absolute junk product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this in Sephora and was really excited to use it because I have many dark spots from old acne but it simply does not blend in at all! I gave it two chances! I applied it and waited for it to set then applied my concealer and I can see this primer coming off and ugh it just didnt blend at all

on 2/8/2014 10:38:00 PM

Still on the search for a good primer for my skin. I'm almost completely through the bottle of this, but will not repurchase.
I just don't feel like it's doing anything. I didn't really believe it would correct dark spots, but there's always that eternal hope, eh?
I don't even care for it as a primer. To me, my makeup looks the same regardless of if I use this or not.
I'm still searching!

on 9/12/2013 4:26:00 PM

terrible. made me break out so bad in places on my face I havent broken out in years. I kept using it to see if it would actually "correct" my dark spots, but nothing. i have used the regular clear smashbox primer and liked it but this one just made me have really bad breakouts. didn't smell the best either.

on 6/12/2013 6:14:00 AM

Made me break out. Im guessing from the silicones in it? Its too bad because I Loved the feel of it and it really made my foundation go on smoothly and more evenly. I liked to put it on my face then mix some into my foundation as well and viola- hello perfect skin! As for the color correcting part I didn't notice anything but then again I couldn't use it long enough to tell due to the zits

on 1/22/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love this primer for the fact that is not just a primer but also a dark spot corrector. Like any other primer minimizes pores and gives you a more smoother appearance on your skin prior to foundation or any makeup or just wear it alone.
As for the color correcting it does lighten your uneven skin. I used it once a day but you can use twice a day and for only using it once a day I see the difference imagine what twice a day can do.

For a more specific review visit my blog @ jusanothergurl.blogspot.com