August 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Pure Abundance Style Prep

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine bleach blonde shoulder length hair. I used this on roots 5-6 times. Every time I was left with greasy hair. I used 2 sprays, 8 sprays. It made no difference. I even used different shampoos to make sure it wasn't reacting. I do not conditon my roots. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dnc

The worst styling product ever. It made my hair greasy, heavy and limp. Would not recommend for anyone with fine hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Like all Aveda products, this one smells amazing. It definitely adds volume, but does leave my hair a little drier and crispier than I prefer. Worth a try (espeially in trial size) for anyone looking for volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After working in an Aveda salon for a year, I've come across a lot of products. Some that work and some that I know are just eh. But when you find a product that does what it should do, you run with it and don't look back!
I have extensions and toward the end of their cycle the ends can get really thin and dry. Volumizing products don't do much to help my ends, they only make my roots fuller, not my hair itself. This product, however actually "plumps" your hair making the whole strand look and feel fuller. Plus with it being a style-prep product, it also has heat protectants and some conditioners in it (but will not make your hair weigh down!). Shake it first. Spray it on wet hair, all the way down to the ends but don't soak your hair in it! I like to use a different volumizing product at the roots (like volumizing tonic) since the conditioners in this product can make it look a little greasy. Blow dry your hair normally and you'll feel your hair get a little...sticky? But not a nasty sticky. You will definitely notice your hair looks and feels a heck of a lot fuller after!! It makes my hair HUGE. I love this stuff. I love that it actually makes the hair fuller, not just my roots. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MegsSister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine hair, and finding something that adds volume w/o weighing my hair down has been a challenge. I got a sample of this and found that it works well enough to purchase a full bottle. I also use the clay conditioner, and have tried both without the other and found that for my hair, both is best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff, actually. It smells nice; very herbal and natural, albeit strong. It's a spray and comes out as a slightly sticky liquid, very easy to spritz into hair. I'm lazy with my hair so all I want from a product is to be able to put it on while my hair is wet, comb through and blow dry without much fuss. This allows me to get body without going through a lot of work. I use it in conjunction with Aveda phomollient styling foam and I'm pleased with the results. I put the phomollient on my roots and spray the style prep on the rest of my hair, then comb it through and blow dry. I've tried getting the same results with just one or the other product (put on crown and in body of hair, comb through, blow dry) and it doesn't work nearly as well. My hair was never as full using only one product. I can't say how well this product works if you actually style your hair because I never curl it or anything, but for what I used it for (getting body), it worked really well. I also did follow the directions of spraying it on on non-shampoo days to re-activate the volume and it worked decently. I prefer dry shampoo for volume and sopping up oil on non-shampoo days, but this works in a pinch. Overall, would definitely repurchase along with the phomollient.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by laeliz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for about a week. So far I really like it. I have fine hair and this product really gives me great all over volume. I especially like that I get a nice lift at my crown without teasing. My only issue is the scent of Aveda products (am I the only one?). I have been an off and on Aveda product user through the years. If I take a break and then come back to Aveda, at first, I really like the smell. But it seems after using a product for a while, the scent starts to bug me. Having said that, the scent isn't displeasing enough that I wouldn't purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Samaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a difficult relationship wirh Aveda. I really want to like their products as I like the brand and love, love, love the smell of pretty much all their products. But they simply don't work for me. They don't do any damage, but I am not willing to pay this much money if I can't see a positive difference. So for a while, I had resisted my urge to give another Aveda product a try, then I saw this. I have fine, dry hair that started falling out after I went of the pill and of accutane (I suffered from mild cystic acne) about four years ago. It is about 10" longer than soulder length, but usually looks like a mess. I don't take volumizing products as they dry out my hair, and moisturizing products usually weigh my hair down. So while I was and condition every day, I usually don't use any styling products. Subsequently, my hair never looks properly coiffed. I've been using this for about two weeks now and hell must have frozen over - it actually works. My hair looks fluffy and has volume without looking dry. The smell is nice, but not overpowering. I like this and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by alula

I adore this product. I have fine colored hair and this gives it some lift, hold, and *ever* so slight wave/texture - especially in the summertime. I first use my beloved Moroccanoil on towel-dried hair first, then spray this one about 20 min later before blow drying my bangs. (Most of my hair air dries). When I don't use it, my hair doesn't feel like it 'hangs' quite right. This makes it full and texture-y. Maybe it's the serum, but I've never once had an issue with either greasiness or crispiness. Deducted a lippie for the price, as I'm now on my third bottle of this crack.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ceen

This is named 'style prep'. So what does it prepare hair for exactly? In my case, transformed freshly washed hair into a bird's nest with just a few squirts.
Must get something to protect against random product lure!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No