December 21, 2014 | 670 users online

Eye Primer - Avon - Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Needed a new eye shadow primer and saw this on sale for less than $5 so i bought it.. and I am surprised at how well it holds up the shadow cream i have from bobbi brown and just bought the urban decay back to basics neutrals shadows and its awesome...
Only thing i don't like is the small jar is hard to get product out of... and it seems to get dry very fast for me....

Update : as much as i like this primer.. I have found a much better one that i can use for a primer for eyes shadow and a concealer as well.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Monica210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never used a primer before, even though I do tend to wear a lot of eyeshadow daily. I have extremely oily skin, so my eyeshadow always creased after few hours. This is the first primer I bought and I'm very impressed. If I put two layers, eyeshadow stays on for a very long time. The longest time I had my makeup on, since I got it, is 12 hours and it made the test :) When I put one layer and also only one layer of eyeshadow, it didn't work, but that's understandable with my oily lids.

I love the product and I would definitely recommend it to those with oily lids, just be careful to put two layers.

I also love the price and the cutest little packaging, although I will probably need a brush at the end :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by elzix93

Pros
1. As a person who has really (like, really) oily skin, one of the main problems I constantly try to resolve is how to keep the make up on my face. This miracle product is the first one that has ever helped me to keep the eyeshadows in place for the whole evening/night/even morning. If you have to go to a party, apply 2 layers and this will last for a long time.
2. The texture is really soft and the product easily applies on your eyelids.

Cons
1. The packaging is not the most successful one, because with longer nails it gets harder to get the product out of the small glass bottle. Because of the glass it is also difficult to understand how much product is left there.

In overall, I have to give this 5/5. After a lot of experimenting, this product is staying in my makeup bag. And the price is amazing as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty good eye shadow primer, especially for the price. I bought the cream eyeshadow brush from Avon, too, and usually use that to apply this, although my finger works fine, too. My eyeshadow holds up pretty well with this. One thing I like a lot about it is that it doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids like Urban Decay sometimes does. It seems more gentle. I buy it when it is on sale for about $4, and a pot lasts me quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by knebel22

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this about a year ago and fell in love with it. Better than all of the more expensive primers.
I buy it on sale for about $4. I bought a back up in case it gets discontinued.
I use it everyday and apply with a brush. I let it dry while I do my brows. I use Bare Minerals shadows and my eyes looks the same at night when I take off my shadow. Shadow easily comes off with remover. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by vanillaparis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing primer for this price.My shadows or liner stays all day.I highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer for the price. I don't normally need to use eye shadow primer, even though I get oily lids, because my eye shadows usually stay on just fine by themselves, but after buying a new palette I had to find a primer because the shadows wouldn't stay on for longer than 5 hours.

With this primer underneath, the staying time has nearly doubled, and there is no creasing or fallout at all, which is great. On its own it looks very natural and blends perfectly, I just blend it over my lids with my finger. And you can find it online for about 5 pounds.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by icecreamsoda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Keeps my eyeshadow/eyeliner on all day. This has become a daily essential for me and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Kindredkl

This is more like a concealer to me. It's very good at covering my veiny eyelids but as far as anything else goes its a downer. It didn't keep my eyeshadow on and it creased terribly within the first hour. The packaging is a little bulky but I do like it because you can really choose how much product you want. It was overall not an eye primer for me at all just a really good coverup for my veiny eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by irinahaapanen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is very smooth and kind of oily at first, but after you've blended it on your lids, it settles down nicely. Feels light on the skin, not heavy or sticky at all. And just 'cause of the smooth texture, I wouldn't expect it to work with pigments or any loose form of eyeshadow. But with a regular powdery one it'll do its work. I like to use it on days when I like to do a nude, dewy and natural face. It doesn't grease on me at all and keep my shadows in place all day long. I don't know will it work on super oily lids, though? 'Cause it has that little oily feel to it.