Avon Eye Shadow Primer

on 6/20/2015 4:50:00 AM

Great primer. I have very deep set eyes and literally cannot wear shadow without a primer. This dries quickly and helps my shadow last much longer. The only downside is the glass pot is a little heavy but given I've tried so many and they've failed me, I'll let it go. A third the price of UD/TF.

on 6/3/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

It does help the eye shadow stay on long but it doesn't blend very well and makes it difficult to blend the eyeshadows

on 3/18/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I think the consistency is a bit to creamy it doesn't feel like it sticks to your lid & it moves as you add eye shadow & I find sometimes the eye shadow 'cracks' or creases. However for the price & if you add a very thin layer it can stay on my dressing table but I won't purchase again

on 2/25/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

AMAZING!!! This is definitely a dupe of Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, same texture, same color and results but so much cheaper, you can find it for like less than 3 euro when in offer. Sometimes they have 2 for 4.5 euros! The only con is that it comes in a jar which is not so hygienic and makes it a little harder to use especially for girls with long nails but you can't beat the price or the job that it does...

on 10/6/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Needed a new eye shadow primer and saw this on sale for less than $5 so i bought it.. and I am surprised at how well it holds up the shadow cream i have from bobbi brown and just bought the urban decay back to basics neutrals shadows and its awesome...
Only thing i don't like is the small jar is hard to get product out of... and it seems to get dry very fast for me....

Update : as much as i like this primer.. I have found a much better one that i can use for a primer for eyes shadow and a concealer as well.....

on 9/13/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I never used a primer before, even though I do tend to wear a lot of eyeshadow daily. I have extremely oily skin, so my eyeshadow always creased after few hours. This is the first primer I bought and I'm very impressed. If I put two layers, eyeshadow stays on for a very long time. The longest time I had my makeup on, since I got it, is 12 hours and it made the test :) When I put one layer and also only one layer of eyeshadow, it didn't work, but that's understandable with my oily lids.

I love the product and I would definitely recommend it to those with oily lids, just be careful to put two layers.

I also love the price and the cutest little packaging, although I will probably need a brush at the end :D

on 7/4/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1. As a person who has really (like, really) oily skin, one of the main problems I constantly try to resolve is how to keep the make up on my face. This miracle product is the first one that has ever helped me to keep the eyeshadows in place for the whole evening/night/even morning. If you have to go to a party, apply 2 layers and this will last for a long time.
2. The texture is really soft and the product easily applies on your eyelids.

1. The packaging is not the most successful one, because with longer nails it gets harder to get the product out of the small glass bottle. Because of the glass it is also difficult to understand how much product is left there.

In overall, I have to give this 5/5. After a lot of experimenting, this product is staying in my makeup bag. And the price is amazing as well.

on 5/16/2014 7:17:00 PM

This is a pretty good eye shadow primer, especially for the price. I bought the cream eyeshadow brush from Avon, too, and usually use that to apply this, although my finger works fine, too. My eyeshadow holds up pretty well with this. One thing I like a lot about it is that it doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids like Urban Decay sometimes does. It seems more gentle. I buy it when it is on sale for about $4, and a pot lasts me quite a long time.

on 5/16/2014 6:07:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago and fell in love with it. Better than all of the more expensive primers.
I buy it on sale for about $4. I bought a back up in case it gets discontinued.
I use it everyday and apply with a brush. I let it dry while I do my brows. I use Bare Minerals shadows and my eyes looks the same at night when I take off my shadow. Shadow easily comes off with remover. Love it.

on 3/27/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing primer for this price.My shadows or liner stays all day.I highly recommended