Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm spf 25

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%. Lanolin 13.5% Petrolatum 40.2% cocoa seed butter, beeswax, ozokerite polygycryl-3 beeswax, flavor, shea butter, avocado oil, alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, cyclopentasilixane, microcrystalline wax, camellia sinenis leaf extract, cyclohexasiloxane

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

So glad that I tried this on recommendation. I have a pile of drugstore balms that I've been using non-stop this with winter to no avail. Within a day after using this the hard spot on the bottom center lip finally softened. The lanolin, I suspect has made the difference. Highly recommend.

on 2/26/2015 3:56:00 AM

One of my fave lip balms, and I have numerous I have tried, LIKE A LOT.
My lips always seem chapped and chap easily and this helps a lot.
It's petroleum based, has a high SPF, and hydrates my lips.
I have the Shea Butter & vitamin E which doesn't really have a scent.
I like applying this before I wear matte lipsticks and it helps with keeping them a bit more moisturized, for me this sinks in quickly depending on how little/ how much I slather this on.

It was $7 something at ulta which made me cringe at first but I really like it.

on 2/22/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been struggling with super chapped/cracked/bleeding lips lately, and I've been using this at night in combination with Smith's Rosebud Salve. It seems to work better as a once a day treatment for me than a regular lip balm. I put it on at night and wake up with moisturized lips. It hasn't added to my suffering, so by that measure, I'm calling it a success. It's not too expensive, so I'd give it a try if your lips are cracked.

on 2/5/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because so many people swore it was the Holy Grail of lip balms. I honestly had such high hopes for it, and I really, really wanted to like it. Unfortunately though, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm just didn't work on my severely-chapped lips. The balm seemed to just sit on top of my lips, and in addition to that, it was soooo greasy. The mint caused my lips to tingle, which just irritated my poor lips even more. And speaking of the mint, the mint and shea butter (which I think is the original) smells absolutely awful. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but I could barely stand to put it on. Overall, I would not recommend this product to anyone with really chapped lips. If your lips are really bad, I'd say go for Smith's Rosebud Salve. It has worked absolute wonders for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the lip balm in the flavor mint and shea butter. Being mint, I knew that it would tingle my lips for a couple of minutes, because that's the body's natural reaction. The lip balm doesn't tingle, it BURNS. I'm talking lips on fire for a good half hour. I would've put up with the burning if it actually cured my chapped lips, but it did nothing. Besides the burning, eight dollars is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a useless lip balm.

on 1/18/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I used to be really pleased with this product but it seems the formula and definitely the smell have changed. I had the lemon as well a grapefruit ones and they both smelled and worked great. However, the new grapefruit tube I purchased smells like a doctor's office or latex gloves. It is definitely the product and not the packaging. Absolutely disgusting and I will be returning this to sephora asap. I will upload pictures of the old and new tubes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I sincerely feel like I have never owned a real lip balm until getting this. Its incredibly hydrating, and it does a quick job at it. I used to stick to Labello and Nivea lip balms, and they did fine, until the day came when my lips were *actually* dry - then they'd be about as useful as rubbing water against them. This is sincerely wonderful. Pricey? Yeah, for sure. But its most certainly well worth the splurge, at least in my opinion.

on 12/12/2014 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am HELLA impressed by this lip balm, although I think it is a little more expensive than I'm used to paying for a balm (about US $8). First, the grapefruit smell is really lovely. It smells like freshly cut grapefruit instead of something overly fake or sweet. Second, I like the squeeze-y tube applicator, it's easy to travel with and has a screw-on cap.

I brought a new tube of this with me when I had to wait a few hours for a movie premiere, and it saved my lips from the cold New York City winter. It penetrates dry skin immediately and makes everything feel soft, hydrated and comfortable without feeling heavy. I can see why it has such a loyal following now!

I think it's comparable with my other favorite balm, Blistex Lip Medex in the blue tub (which is cheaper at around $4-5 for a lot more product). However, the packaging of this product is much better than a tub that you have to stick your finger into.

on 11/26/2014 8:12:00 AM

Thought I'd review since this is the only thing that has been working for me. I've had this once before and liked it. But I didn't think it was worth the price to repurchase. Then I got it recently and a set and am loving it. I put it on before bed and my lips feel great in the morning.

on 11/14/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this balm. I usually slather a thick layer of this on at bedtime or if I'm going to be outside for awhile. It is my go to balm for motorcycle rides. The SPF is a huge plus, it comes in several nice scents, it's thick and stays on lips all night long. Doesn't need to be constantly reapplied, and has kept my lips moisturized and crack-free for over a year. I've also used it on my 2 young daughters and it worked great for both of them as well. A thin layer under matte lipsticks is a lifesaver. I don't think it's expensive at all, it's well under $10! I'll be buying this balm for many years to come.

Popular Lip Treatments