Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm spf 25

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%. Lanolin 13.5% Petrolatum 40.2% cocoa seed butter, beeswax, ozokerite polygycryl-3 beeswax, flavor, shea butter, avocado oil, alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, cyclopentasilixane, microcrystalline wax, camellia sinenis leaf extract, cyclohexasiloxane

on 7/21/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I struggle with chap lips, I have my whole life. Especially when I was little and struggled horribly with allergies which dried my nose and lips severely. I am that girl that panics going somewhere without chap stick, haha. Well its hard to find a lip balm that actually moisturizes and helps your lips stay moisturized. I feel like other lip balms purposely make your lips dryer on their own to make you more dependent on them and this one definitely does the opposite. It keeps your lips incredibly moist. It has spf 25, especially great. and does not have Vaseline which is horrible for your lips. It lasts me a while considering that I always apply, the different flavors are great, and the packaging is amazing. You can keep one in your car for an emergency without having to worry about it melting all over your compartment or seat. You accidentally forgot it in your pants pocket? Well don't you worry, it stays sealed in the tube even going through the dryer machine, no oil stained clothes. BUY IT!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I was given this as a gift, part of Sephora's Christmas gift...so it came in a pack of 3.
First off, I tend to stick with drugstore chapsticks because I always lose/misplace them, thus making no sense in spending a ton of money on them. However, the second I tried them, I was converted. Not only does it provide you with instant relief/moisture, but the moisturizing content of the lipbalm stays put and lasts so that you don't have to reapply. I've noticed that I'll apply it in the morning, and won't have to reapply it until late afternoon. There are nights where I will apply this on my bleeding, chapped lips, and wake up with plump moisturized lips....proves how beneficial this is. Also, it wears pretty well when you have lipstick/gloss/liner on top of this.
Second - the tiniest product goes a long way. If you do not have chapped, or flaky lips, theres no reason to have to use a huge glob. Not only does it apply heavenly, even with the tiniest bit - but because the product is so emolient, the tiniest bit will still provide sufficient hydration to your lips.
Third - SPF!!!!! Can't get over this lipblam having SPF. SPF in chapstick is so important, helps preserve the natural plumpness of your lips, as well as preventing fine lines developing around the mouth area.
The packaging is great. Hygienic, and helps the product glide on easily/evenly. It's sleek and will fit into your smallest clutches!
The only downside to this product is the price. One of this costs 3 of Nivea's basic blue chapsticks. However, my justification for purchasing this is that a tiny bit goes a long way and I try to save it for when I'm outdoors and need the SPF protection. Or when my lips are seriously chapped.
Honestly, if you're going to buy/or are fans of EOS lipblams, you might as well just buy these ones. Far superior in performance and the packaging saves tons of room.

on 6/24/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this with my Sephora order in the Shea Butter and Vitamin E flavor as part of the awesome Sephora "Jet Set" weekly special (three deluxe samples, yay!). At first, I thought this was kind of a fancy vaseline with a pleasant scent, but it really is more moisturizing (perhaps because of the lanolin?) and if I apply generously at night, I wake up with softer lips, which is no small feat here in the dry Colorado mountains. I really like scent, feel of it on my lips, application, and the fact that it has SPF 25. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing because this lip balm contains chemical sunscreen ingredients and parabens, and I'm really trying to detox my makeup and skincare. I also find it strange that it's so glossy, especially since Jack Black is marketed towards men.

on 4/24/2015 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Deceived. That is how I feel after purchasing this junky lip balm last winter. I read countless reviews that raved about the "no junk, natural ingredients" and maximum level of moisture this apparently provided. I even read the list of ingredients on the Ulta website and the Jack Black website, both of which conveniently failed to include certain cheapo ingredients like petroleum. The ingredient label on the tube itself was covered in a safety seal, so I couldn't actually read it until I got home. Turns out, I paid almost $8 for some Vaseline and lanolin that, for some reason, smell exactly like minty insulin. I will admit that it does a good job of moisturizing my lips when applied at bedtime. However, the texture is so uncomfortably thick and sticky and the smell so odd that I only tried this a couple of times - it honestly just grossed me out. I get better results and have a much more pleasant experience with C.O. Bigelow's My Favorite Night Balm or Rose Salve...both of which contain many of the same ingredients as Jack Black but have a smoother texture. I'm trying to avoid petroleum/petrolatum and mineral oil in my lip products, but if I had to choose one "junky ingredient-containing" product, I would go with the C.O. Bigelow options I listed above or even original Aquaphor Healing Ointment (the Lip Repair version is petroleum/mineral oil free but doesn't work as well).

on 4/10/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Tbh.... I thought that it was worth the hype when I first bought it, but after using it for a few times- it just wasn't that great. Idk. It's not that hydrating, and it's glossy. I won't be buying this again.

on 4/2/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The best lip balm ever. I wear a lot of lipsticks, which make my naturally dry lips yearn for moisture. Last winter I had so chapped and cracked lips that even Bepanthen (a medicine lotion) wasn't hydrating enough. I didn't have high hopes for this, so I was pleasantly surprised when this turned out to be extremely effective. For the first time, a lip balm seemed to hydrate my lips more deeply that I didn't have to add it again after a few hours. After using the Intense Therapy Lip Balm a couple of times, my lips started to heal back to normal.

The lip balm has a nice menthol scent and I like that it tingles a bit on the lips - it feels like it's actually working. I love that the balm is in a tube, and SPF 25 is great for cold, sunny winter days when your outdoors (and naturally for summer).

My only complaint is that the product runs out pretty fast and therefore, is pretty pricey. Due to the price, I try to save this for situations when my lips start to feel chapped.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

So glad that I tried this on recommendation. I have a pile of drugstore balms that I've been using non-stop this with winter to no avail. Within a day after using this the hard spot on the bottom center lip finally softened. The lanolin, I suspect has made the difference. Highly recommend.

on 2/26/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave lip balms, and I have numerous I have tried, LIKE A LOT.
My lips always seem chapped and chap easily and this helps a lot.
It's petroleum based, has a high SPF, and hydrates my lips.
I have the Shea Butter & vitamin E which doesn't really have a scent.
I like applying this before I wear matte lipsticks and it helps with keeping them a bit more moisturized, for me this sinks in quickly depending on how little/ how much I slather this on.

It was $7 something at ulta which made me cringe at first but I really like it.

on 2/22/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been struggling with super chapped/cracked/bleeding lips lately, and I've been using this at night in combination with Smith's Rosebud Salve. It seems to work better as a once a day treatment for me than a regular lip balm. I put it on at night and wake up with moisturized lips. It hasn't added to my suffering, so by that measure, I'm calling it a success. It's not too expensive, so I'd give it a try if your lips are cracked.

on 2/5/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because so many people swore it was the Holy Grail of lip balms. I honestly had such high hopes for it, and I really, really wanted to like it. Unfortunately though, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm just didn't work on my severely-chapped lips. The balm seemed to just sit on top of my lips, and in addition to that, it was soooo greasy. The mint caused my lips to tingle, which just irritated my poor lips even more. And speaking of the mint, the mint and shea butter (which I think is the original) smells absolutely awful. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but I could barely stand to put it on. Overall, I would not recommend this product to anyone with really chapped lips. If your lips are really bad, I'd say go for Smith's Rosebud Salve. It has worked absolute wonders for me.

Top Rated Lip Treatments