January 28, 2015 | 1288 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Advance Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine relaxed hair that I blow dry straight about a couple times a week.This cream makes my hair very smooth and frizz free until my next shampoo. I like that it's light and non greasy so it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it look dull and greasy like some other heavier blow dry creams that I've tried. This cream makes my hair shiny with great texture, movement,and bounce. The only down side is I'm not crazy about the smell. It reminds me of this Plumeria body lotion that B&BW use to sell that I was not a fan of.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Williche15

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly/wavy hair. It tends to be dry and frizzy! This is a miracle product to tame natural frizz! Made my hair soft shiny and frzz almost completely gone! I love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have thick, slightly wavy hair that I prefer to smooth out. I usually never use straightener products because I use a large barrel iron to give my hair a bounce but having just had my hair cut to a chin bob, I needed help straightening and smoothing my new 'do. I bought this on a whim, it was cheap to who cares if I had to chuck it. I used a little more than the quarter sized amount suggested as I have a lot of hair even though it's shorter now! Washed it, conditioned it, sprayed detangler threw it and then used this product. After drying it straight with a paddle brush, it definitely looked smoother than usual. I used the large barrel iron and did use a bit of Biosilk at the end to smooth. But, what's amazing to me is that I went out in major humidity today and it still looks perfect! That is major since I usually start frizzing and have to use more Biosilk or something similar to smooth it down. I have to attribute it to this little product! I am very pleased with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I was really excited about this because I love the new L'Oreal line of shampoo and conditioner. However this made my hair feel disgusting. The only thing I "liked" about this was that it was a heat protectant up to 450 degrees. It made me hair flat, greasy looking and it felt incredibly dry. I returned it to Walmart because I know I will never use it.

Still looking for a good blow dry cream...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by rainangel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful stuff for my curly, dry, thick, frizzy hair! I absolutely adore this product. It's a miracle for me. I have been looking for a product like this that would smooth/straighten out my hair since I'm not really a fan of my curly hair. Boy did this stuff do what it said it would. I used about a nickle size amount in my wet hair and put the majority of it at the ends of my hair since thats where my hair curls up the most and gets most frizzy. After putting it in I blow dried and brushed out my hair and noticed my curls straightening out and my frizz disappearing. I was amazed. I don't like using a straightener on my hair because I feel like it just burns my hair. Thats why I'm happy I found this stuff cause it straightens enough for me without the need of heat. I would recommend this for any hair type especially curly thick hair like mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the viewer below me. This product makes my greasy no matter how much or how little I put on. The only reason I am giving this product 2 stars is for the scent and the fact that it doubles as a heat protectant. I will probably give this product away to whoever wants it because it just doesn't work for my medium-thick wavy hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I usually like L'oreal products, but this was kind of a miss for me. I either own or have used pretty much any hair product you can think of pertaining to "extreme straightness." I am a hair product junkie, needless to say. This product smells good & the product itself is a liquidy hair lotion. I have used this product on two different occassions (apply to wet/damp hair right after a shower) & this left my hair feeling like it had a plastic coating both times, & also left my hair pretty greasy both times. The first time I probably did use too much product, the second I used A LOT less & I applied this ONLY on the ends of my hair...& it still left my hair somewhat greasy with that same plastic coating feeling. I know this stuff is cheap, but I'd rather pay more to have a better product. This product validates why I spend so much money on high end hair products, never again will I go the drugstore route after this experience. I will try to find a way to use up the rest of my bottle, but there will be no re-purchase...that's for sure. For reference, I have naturally curly/wavy thick hair that I straighten 9 times out of 10. My hair does not get greasy easily, at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff! I have long hair (about 2" past collarbones) and it is frizzy, poufy, wavy/curly and insanely thick. I normally blowdry it straight and then curl it with a large 1.5" barrel curing iron. My hair has been super frizzy and dry lately (like, those totally noticable artificially stick-straight looking crispy ends when I would dry my hair straight) and I've been trying lots of products but to no avail. One day I was cruising through the grocery store and saw this stuff on an endcap - it was cheap so I decided to give it a whirl (not before pulling up MUA on my phone and seeing that this had a few decent reviews already!). I normally only buy high-end/salon brand products, but this one works better than anything I've used lately!!!! The texture is between a cream and a lotion, and the scent is very soft but does not linger on me. Basic tube with flip-top cap which is hygienic and doesn't leak. Here's how I use it: I wash my hair twice weekly, and my hair-washing routine consists of shampooing well, applying a basic conditioner with biotin to detangle and strengthen, and then applying a hair mask that I leave on for ~10 min. After my shower, I towel dry my hair and apply a blob of the Xtreme Straight to my hair (size of the blob is between dime and nickel size). I rub it between my palms and then first apply it to the BOTTOM 2/3 of my hair, first the top layer and then the underside. After that, I smooth my hands coated with the remaining product on the top 1/3 of my head, near the roots (I have a pretty bad "frizz halo" at my roots - I'd imagine if you don't have this problem, you could skip the root area/top of head altogether). I then comb it through, and blowdry straight with a paddle brush. This has cut my blowdrying time down to about 7 minutes, while before it was taking about 15. That's half!!! This Xtreme Straight eliminates my "frizz halo" and leaves my hair much softer. The ends will still look slightly artificially straight, which is why I then curl it with my large curling iron. Keeping this routine has left me with SHINY, BOUNCY, FRIZZ-FREE hair and swings like normal hair....no one would ever know the horrible, bushy appearance that it is naturally! Love that it's a heat protectant as well since I use the dryer and curling iron. It also doesn't leave my hair greasy. As I stated above, I only wash my hair twice weekly and this does not make it any oilier or limper between washes. My hair looks great all the time now and I contribute it to this product! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by sonoran825

My hair is the crunchy and coarse type, when left untreated after shampooing. I'd always wait for the second day hair and my natural oils to finally cover the strands so that my 'do would at least have the semblance of shine and moisture. I don't straighten or blow dry my hair, for fear of making it even more dry, so I've been searching for straightening/smoothing serums as a leave-in conditioner to help my hair out - I've tried the FX argan oil, but I can't seem to spread it evenly enough, leaving my hair a bit more than greasy. I can spread this one so easily! It's like a light lotion for my hair, and not heavy at all (which is good for my coarse hair, might be heavy for thin hair). I use more than recommended, about 2 quarters worth. After a light drying, I spread one quarter in my fingers through my entire damp head of hair, and the second more on the edges and scalp. When I had first bought it, I only used one quarter, and was disappointed that my hair was still coarse, and I put it away for a couple months until just recently. I'm glad I gave it another shot to figure out what was best for my head - now my hair is just soft and touchable, although it will never be stick straight with just cream. I think its great for coarse hair, and for the price worth it for the smoothing effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by eyedrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I truly did not know how to correctly use this product until today. I purchased it after reading the positive reviews but it made my mostly medium wavy-curly pixie a greasy, gross mess. But then today I watched 2 separate YouTube tutorials. One was on the ToniGuy channel that made me feel really dumb about how I'd heretofore been using the Bedhead matte separation workable wax (I prefer a matte, rather than shiny, finish for my hair). Put as much as would cover a fingernail (how easy!), rub, rub, rub it in your palms to emulsify until it looks like it's gone and then start roughing it through the BACK and THEN move forward. Duuhhhh!! The other video was from Howcast about how to straighten short hair. I'm totally clumsy with hair styling tools and only own a blowdryer, not a flat iron. The curly redhead chick in the video showed this "wrapping" technique that is soooo easy and all you do is take your paddle brush and follow the shape of your head one way and then the other and then just back and forth until it's dry. And it worked SOOOOO well! I was stunned, as was my husband. So I used the L'oreal Advanced Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight in the manner suggested by the ToniGuy guy. Very pleased. I used a teensy bit (like half a fingernail size, I guess) of the Bedhead matte separation workable wax to smooth ends and make it a little piecey but still smooth. Very pleased!