November 24, 2014 | 1314 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nude Skincare - ProGenius Treatment oil

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How excited I was to try this oil in it's romantic purple bottle. I thought for this price it better wow me. Nope. In the first few ingredients are oils I have in my cuppboard for frying, that alone disgusted me. Yes it has corn oil which is also called zea mays. It has sunflower oil. It has soy oil. Those are the cheapest oils on the planet. To top it all of they put the good oils on the bottom of the list. What drew me to read the ingredients list is because the oil smells like corn oil, which it is, mostly. It made my skin very greasy compared to other oils I have tried. I gave it away...but wait...I could have fried my chicken in it. How stupid of me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

The serum/oil treatment was fine. My skin was smooth and soft and I noticed an improvement in my skin's texture very soon after using it but I agree with other posters that there are other far more cheaper alternatives.

I will be repurchasing my Aesop or Kosmea treament oil instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Nude oil is ultra effective in actually healing and nourishing my skin, this nude oil calmed my red dry skin below my nose and made my pores noticeably hydrated and reduced in size. I think i have found my Fountain of Youth guard in a bottle!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

This left my face smooth, but it broke me out pretty bad. I have sensitive, dehydrated skin, and it made my face red and irritated. It may be better suited for dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A nice treatment oil for dry skin -- but the price is highway robbery.

I sampled this, just as many have. I got several nights' use out of the packet, and I agree that the oil left my skin smooth, comfortable and not greasy.

HOWEVER, you can buy the oils in this for much, much less than $78 an ounce. Eight ounces of apricot kernel oil (the first oil listed) run less than $10 online. Meadowfoam is less than $15 for 8 ounces. Go to any natural or whole foods store and buy single oils or oil blends. Heck, go into Target and get the L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal, etc., facial oil (which has a similar blend of oils) for about $20 an ounce.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

I used this oil on my face. Got it as a sample one day at sephora & I love it! But I wouldn't say it's any different from any other oil I've used. I use a LOT of oils so I would say I'm pretty educated on them. Im a model & I need to be on top of my skin at all times. Oil keeps my skin moisturized & healthy. This is a good oil but I would never pay full price for this... I purchased a bottle off of ebay. There are other oils that are cheaper that will give you the same beautiful results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my few negative reviews because I enjoy writing about products I love. I have had clear skin for a while now and use MUAC, CeraVe,Korres, and DR.Jart+ I have had no breakouts till this oil. It's the only change and when people write about how they broke out overnight I would never believe it till today. It gave me a patch of congested pores on my forehead and a ton on my cheeks which I NEVER had! So this beautiful oil is the culprit sadly. Now my skin is combo dry in the colder months and oily during warmer and it's cold here in the North East so, I thought this would help my skin in terms of moisture and fine lines.

Sadly I will not know because I won't use what is breaking me out. I will give it to my mom because it's an awesome product just not for me. Now I had to use a 8%BHA to unclog and CeraVe and my Dr Jart+ Ceramidin to get my skin back in shape. Meh but it happens and I just wanted to let those who are more acne prone know to watch out for this. It happened to me and I never would of believed it till I got these breakouts. So do a patch test if your acne prone. Mahalo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This oil is according to Nude "contains ten carefully selected plant oils and is rich in omega 3, 6, 7, and 9." and it is recommended for all skintypes for use day or night, and can be mixed with moisturiser or foundation.

Pros:
- can be used overnight to help with dryness
- didn't irritate my eyes
- didn't cause breakouts

Cons:
- pricey for an oil blend you can make at home
- even applied on damp skin (and then misting and re-misting with a light toner) this would not really absorb and felt oily throughout the day
- texture is thick/slightly gloppy and does not wear well under foundation/any make-up
- no benefits aside from moisturising the skin
- higher risk of breakouts and irritation due to the blend of oils/ingredients versus using 1-3 carrier oils

Bottom line, I prefer to purchase my own oils and use them as needed. I found the greasiness of this completely strange, especially since the 1st ingredient is apricot kernel oil, which is a bit lighter and often recommended for oilier skin - and I have been using various oils for years and most absorbed quickly and my skin just felt soft, radiant but not shiny - with Nude, even after using a tissue to remove the excess, my skin would still feel greasy. I wouldn't repurchase nor recommend this product to anyone - there are much better options available and for simple oils the price is ludicrous.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after receiving a sample from Sephora. I was able to use the sample for 3 nights and each night I woke up my skin was soft and glowy. I bit the bullet and spent $78 on a bottle. I still wake up soft and glowy, but the dry areas that I thought this would help over time are pretty much just as dry (not flaky, just tight). It's a big bottle and should last me a long long time, so I'm sure there will be something on the market I'd rather buy than this again. Not holy grail, but certainly a good, clean product.

I would like to say, I have my full face waxed every 3 weeks and if I put this on afterwards, I get no redness, rash, breakouts, etc. That itself made it worth the $78 price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample bottle of this and I've been wearing it intermittently (probably about 1-2x per week) for a few months.

I use it as a night treatment. I don't use any other product over or under it. Just cleanse and apply this oil.

In the morning, I wake up and my skin feels velvety-smooth and very hydrating. Bottom line, this is a great product.

I haven't noticed any effects other than hydrating, but then again, I'm not using this every day so I can't really comment on results you might get from long-term repeated use.

I withheld a lippie because I really can't tell a huge difference between the effects I get from this and the effects of a vitamin-E capsule. (Occasionally I'll break open a vitamin-E capsule and slather the oil all over my face. It's good for calming dry skin.)

So I have to wonder if I couldn't get very similar effects to this NUDE oil (and much cheaper) by using olive oil or some other vegetable oil on my face at night.

For that reason, I don't think I'll bother purchasing a full size of this.