December 22, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eye Shadow - Burberry - Complete Eye Palette in Mocha No 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simple perfection. I would re-purchase this palette over and over and over again. It just works for my coloring. The 4 harmonious colors combine to create a number of eye looks, from simple and natural to a sophisticated smoky eye. I can even combine 2 colors in a pinch for my eyebrows. The texture is fabulous; silky, smooth, blendable. Shadows last all day with little to no creasing (and that is saying a lot with my aging eyelids, though I do use a primer).

The colors have been described by others, so I won't repeat descriptions. I've had these colors for over a year and reach for them often. I DO have many other eye shadows I love (I am a makeup junkie, after all), but nothing compares to these. Buy this, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

If you are looking for a fail-proof, wonderfully blendable palette of classic neutrals, then look no further. This is the best set of brown-based neutrals that I have yet to encounter (the specific brands that I am comparing it to include Chanel, Dior, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, and MAC). Mocha No.2 is the ideal everyday/work palette for me (for reference, I am an olive-skinned NC 35/40+, depending on the season). I find the spectrum of shades in this palette to be a little bit on the warm side, but not so warm that they won't work for virtually anyone. If you are fairer, I definitely can see this palette working for night as well. (I simply add a deeper shade like Burberry's Mulberry to the crease to make this more of a nighttime set of shades). However, after using this palette and Dark Spice No. 5 I have come to the conclusion that other than Smokey Grey No. 1 and Plum Pink No. 6, the rest of the Burberry palette offerings will probably not register much at all on my skin.

Mocha No. 2 contains four shades: a matte soft ivory highlighter, a medium golden brown with a touch of sophisticated shimmer, a medium classic brown with a bit of lovely shimmer, and a darker matte brown designed for lining or adding more depth to the crease. I have used this palette several times already and find it very difficult to make mistakes with it, as the quality of the shadows is so high and they blend like no others I have found. Fall-out is minimal to none, even with the darkest shadow. I should note however that you are paying for the quality of the product here and not for a ground-breaking set of shades...this is neutral territory, but then again nobody does neutrals like Burberry. Wear time is also excellent, and I encountered no creasing or color change whatsoever when layered over two different eye shadow primers: Urban Decay's Eden and Too Faced's original Shadow Insurance. The packaging and overall design of this palette is also just gorgeous and of high quality, and it includes some very good palette brushes/sponges. All in all, I purchase I would repeat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just received this palette and couldn't wait to try it out.

For reference, I am light to medium skintoned, with light brown/dark blonde/light auburn (depending on the season and my mood), with beige neutral to ever-so-slightly warm undertones, and hazel eyes.

What a treat it is to open this rather simple cardboard box to find the small treasure inside. The first thing you'll notice is the sheer heft of the box--this is a substantial palette. You'll never confuse this with the quad from the drugstore--not even in the pitch dark. This little box has some serious weight. It's wrapped in a velvety envelope that has 3 pockets in front which hold applicators, separate and away from the actual compact. When this gunmetal beauty is slid out of its plushy sleeve, you're looking at the Burberry name along with some subtle plaid markings in the metal. Tres chic.... You look for the button to undo the clasp, but there isn't one...lid and base are brought together by some really strong magnets.

When you look at the diagonal pans of color, you see a small dark corner of lovely chocolate, topped with a milkier shade of cocoa. Next is a camel shade, all topped with another corner of smooth ivory. The powder shadows float on smoothly, almost cream-like, and blend to a whisper... just like that. The payoff is sure without being garish or overbearing, but soft--so very, very soft.

This compact is the secret smile you keep to yourself when someone tells you that "no eye shadow is worth that kind of money". This eyeshadow is like the sexy, outrageously expensive lingerie you keep in a satin pouch in the back of your drawer for those really special occasions. This truly proves the argument of quality over quantity. I'll be buying more--much more--of this. I just might put it in a satin pouch in the back of my drawer....

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No