April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion For Extra Dry Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As someone who lives in the desert, you can imagine how desperately everyone here is in need of a good lotion that actually moisturizes! This does just that -- moisturizes... intensely (just like the name says). What's great about this is that there is no real smell, except it resembles oranges ever-so-slightly and then it disappears really quick.

The texture of it is also perfect. I've used many lotions, from other Curel ones, Victoria's Secret, Body Shop, Aveeno, Eucerin... and they all left my hands with this awkwardly greasy feeling. Curel's Ultra Healing does not! Give it a minute to sink in, but once it does, your hands are back to normal... just 100x softer. Even after washing, it stays quite soft. I will definitely be repurchasing this. I believe I bought this for $8-ish bucks for a medium sized tube I carry about in my purse. You only need a little squeeze, so this really lasts a long time. With daily use (and sharing), I still have product left and I purchased this roughly 6 months ago. Definitely worth it if you're looking for a great lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Jandesan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is unbelievable. I have tried oh so many creams from high
end to low end to no avail for the sun bumps on my middle aged skin. There, I said it...middle aged. That statement vouches for the multiple
creams I have tried. My father actually turned me on to this as he had what I called "barnacles" on his legs from years of sunning and living. He said this cream took them away....AMAZING STUFF...let me tell you. Within 2 days my dry bumps were gone. Sinks in very well and I just can't believe it worked like no other!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ifollowbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been the BEST remedy for my nummular eczema. Unlike typical eczema, nummular eczema presents as coin shaped raw, peeling skin that continues to grow and is often mistaken for ringworm. The treatment consists of 6 weeks on topical steroids, 6 weeks off, 6 weeks on, and so on. With long term use, the steroids thin the skin and make you vulnerable to bacterial infections like Staph. Because of the dangers of long term use, I try to avoid using the steroids, if possible.

During the cold and winter months and when I'm very stressed, my eczema returns. This year has been particularly bad. Several weeks ago I had a patch of eczema wrapping around both my wrists that were approximately 4 inches in diameter - all of which was completely raw. Taking an even tepid shower was so painful, I likened it to pouring acid on my skin. I even had to start using antibacterial gel to clean my hands so they wouldn't be exposed to water.

My sister was sent a sample jar of the Curel Intensive Healing cream and immediately gave it to me. I promptly put it on my wrists and I kid you not, within 20 minutes the redness of the raw skin was drastically improved. Within several days, a new layer of skin had grown over the raw, exposed skin AND not only did the patch stop growing, it actually started to recede!

I have now fully incorporated this product into my daily regime. I have even begun to use it as a facial moisturizer!

I have tried everything from coconut oil to Cerave with no improvement. If you need a truly moisturizing and HEALING cream, I highly recommend this. It -no joke - has changed my life.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The Ultra Healing formula is the only one out of the Curel line that doesn't use any parabens. This is a life saver during winter time to prevent and heal chapped hands and softens feets, smooth down static hair, you can even use it on your face as a moisturizer or lipbalm. This sinks in and keeps your skin supple and moisturized with no greasy feeling. You can get these in travel size as well to put in your purse. Within 3-4 days of using this, my dry hands are back to normal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kim750

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lotion is the best lotion that I have ever used. I have tried many brands. I have really dry skin, especially in the winter. It is great. It does not wear off. It lasts a long time. I used Jergens for a long time before this but I am staying with this one. It is cheaper if you buy the large size also. I highly recommend it.