L'Oreal Ideal Moisture 48hr SPF25 Sensitive Skin

3.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (2%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg 15 Disulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Fragrance

on 2/15/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have fair, seriously dry, sensitive skin and I worry about sun exposure. This lotion interested me because of the SPF25 and I have loved L'Oreal skin products for years. The consistency of this is nice; despite the SPF, it is not sticky. I used Futur-e for years and found it had a slight sticky feel. This one is very smooth and deeply moisturizing.

The only downside of this lotion is the very reason I bought it: SPF. I have never found a sun screen made for face skin I could use that doesn't break me out. They simply clog my pores and give me little red bumps at times. It's probably worth it to avoid skin cancer. I can't complain.

After using this about a month, I have had a couple breakouts but nothing too bad. I use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 to help that. Overall, this is a good product and I feel good protecting my skin.

on 1/16/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Pretty moisturizing, absorbs into skin, its suprisingly non greasy for a mousturizer with sunscreen in it (which always tends to make me greasy).

on 1/12/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

umm..the product is OKAY...didn't fall in love with it...didn't hate it.
it doesn't moisturize my face very well and absolutely not for 48 hours !
feels alright under foundation but not silky smooth
didn't break me out though
i guess i will try another product..not to repurchase this again

on 8/30/2014 7:10:00 PM

This product is suddenly unavailable in my area- Houston. It was in most stores for the longest time...and then all of a suddden-GONE! I had grown very dependant on running to the Dollar General for a re-up. There is another L'oreal day-time face cream that appears compareable- price and sunscreen wise..but instead I jumped back to Oil of Olay...which is no where near as good as Ideal Moisture 48 hours.
Why do companies do this???It is RUDE:-(

on 8/30/2014 6:35:00 PM

I'm adding to the glowing reviews of this moisturizer. I love it. I have a very oily t-zone but my skin can get very dry from topical acne treatments. I'm also sensitive and prone to acne. This moisturizer has a perfect texture. It may seem heavy at first, but it sinks in while still keeping the skin moisturized ALL day. The SPF 25 is wonderful. I've never burned while wearing this. I can absolutely use it under makeup if need be. Most importantly, no breakouts. I was disappointed that they stopped carrying this at my local drugstores but I can still get it at drugstore.com. If you like a very lightweight moisturizer then this probably isn't for you. In the colder winter months, I switch to the normal version of this moisturizer b/c I feel like it's a bit more moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this product for months for the sake of this review so you should really pay attention to what I'm writing! (For reference, I have extremely oily sensitive skin).
This daily sunscreen-moisturizer is AMAZING! I have used it after washing my face and prior to makeup for a long time now, and I have not had any problems with it! It absorbs in the skin quickly and it leaves the face with a dewey but not greasy look to it. It does not interrupt my foundation making it runny or anything! But most of all, it has never provoked me rashes or pimples at ALL since I started using it. It doesn't even feel like it stings on my skin, which is a common problem I had with many other moisturizers. Aside for the monthly zit I get from menstrual periods, I have not had any acne resulting from the use of this moisturizer at all! That for me is worth 100 points! It also protects my skin from sunburn even if I am in a sunny beach all day long! Just remember, this isnt a moisturizer with sunscreen, this is a facial sunscreen that moisturizes the face!
The price? Only $6! And the amount will last you ages! I will repurchase for sure :)

on 4/23/2014 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love this moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd bottle, and coming from someone who rarely buys the same product twice that's high praise. I initially bought it because it had the highest broad spectrum spf (25) of any of the drugstore moisturizers I was considering. But I think the person who said in an earlier review that this is actually a sunscreen that moisturizes, rather than a moisturizer with sunscreen, might have a good point. At any rate, I use this every day with NO skin problems at all, and I do have rather sensitive skin. It is odor free so it doesn't clash with perfume or other fragranced products. It is emollient enough without being greasy. I have become much more careful about sun protection now that I am getting old and spotty, so I look for sunscreen in anything I put on my skin. This, for me, is a great product for a great price, under $10.

on 3/21/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have just finished the bottle and I'd say this is a definite repurchase for day lotion. I bought it because it was on sale and it's for sensitive skin. It lasted me about 2 months, but I actually used it day and night. So, for day time use only, it would probably last twice as long. A little goes a long way. It makes your skin feel soft and smooth immediately. With my skin regimen, this lotion has helped keep my face moisturized through the dry winter. I've found the longer you use this stuff, the less you need to apply. It gives you a nice clean looking sheen and was great for evening out the surface of my skin and giving my makeup a smooth application. It didn't break me out and I didn't find it to be greasy.

on 2/18/2014 9:56:00 PM

I got this on a whim, it was on discount and I had a coupon so I got it for next to nothing. I like the bottle design, I would have preferred a pump however the flip top squeeze is alright. I liked the fact that it is made for sensitive skin, and fragrance free. It has a nice SPF factor, and I did not see any break-out concerning ingredients. I have combo skin, oily T-zone and this lotion is perfect. It is nice and light, not too thick or thin, and sinks in right away. It leaves me with a nice soft satin matte finish. It feels very primer-ish. It is very basic, like a sunscreen with a few added ingredients, nothing fancy but that is what I like about it. The best part is that is has not broken me out! I think that this bottle will last me quite a while, and I would buy this again!

on 10/8/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this moisturizer! I have very dry skin and even though they do sell a dry skin formula of this moisturizer I decided to get the sensitive formula anyway just in case, since many moisturizers tend to break me out. This moisturizer is light enough to wear under makeup and heavy enough to moisturize the skin! It smells like sunscreen which I had figured it would and it makes my skin nice and soft. I would recommend this moisturize to the dry skin gals out there since it does really moisturize the skin! :)