October 1, 2014 | 1997 users online

Hair Styling Tools - TiGi - bed Head curlipops conical styling iron

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by imwhatshesaid

The Good: It works. It gets hot enough. It heats up fast. The difference in size between the base and the tip of the barrel is not as dramatic as other similar curling rods, and it results in a more natural looking curl on my hair. Doesn't feel like it was made cheaply. I paid $29.95 for it.

The Bad: There's not a part on the tip that stays cool, so there's no place to hold on while curling and it's easy to burn yourself. There's no temperature adjustment, just an on/off button. The packaging is impossible, I almost cut the cord a few times.

For the price and what it does for my hair, I can live with the bads, but they really get on my nerves. If I have to buy I similar one later, I might shop around better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I have to say this is a pretty neat clampless curling iron. It litteraly looks like a baseball bat. And I found it real easy to curl hair with this, but wore the protective glove, since I didn't want to wrap strands of hair with my bare hand and risk touching the barrell. The barrell has no indicator of temperature, so you can't tell how hot it gets. But the curling was so quick and it gives tight curls up top with loose curls at the bottom. It's super easy to curl and I took various strands and just did my hair and it came our really nice. You don't need any kind of technique, just crab strands and twist around the barrell. I'm quite pleased with the product. If you aren't sure how to curl, just watch a tutorial on Youtube... Pretty neat curling iron.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have super fine hair that is stick straight and color-treated, shoulder length. My hair takes great effort to curl and doesn't like to hold a curl for long. I've had my eye on this conical curling iron from the curlipops line, because it is supposed to make a curl that is tighter up top and looser farther down the hair strand. It is clampless and comes with a heat protectant glove; you get a curl by winding the hair around the iron. This iron does not have adjustable heat--there is simply an on/off switch, and the temperature it ends up at seems really hot, though there is no thermostat or way to tell what that temperature is. I did not use the glove with this; I have another clampless iron, a tapered Conair Infinity, and am pretty good at winding without burning myself. I did graze my fingertip across the iron twice when I first used this, and that mistake was a combination of carelessness and that the "bottom" of the iron, where your fingertips willl end up, is wide and round, unlike a tapered iron. All in all this curling iron produces results fast, and results that last. My curls are bouncy spirals and give my hair more body than the traditional tapered clampless iron did. I find that precision isnt really needed with this--just grab some hair and go---it still looks carefree and curly. You can section hair carefully with clips and get a really precise look, or you can grab 1-1.5" sections of hair without clipping. I have curled anywhere from a .5" to a 2" side section of hair successfully, and my sections were of varying thickness. I left the hair on the iron for a little longer with the thick sections.

The packaging of this was miserable, one of those sealed clear plastic hanging packages that you need an ax to cut into.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No