April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Every Style Texture Series Beach Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ellapuggle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this at Wal-Mart the other day on Clearance since enjoy doing the whole beach waves thing and have only found one other spray that holds the curl and dosent make your hair look wet which is BBW true blue spa line or something like that its called that kind smells a little better too. I find this stuff works pretty well my hair is holding the curl. I just put some in scrunched it and put it in a bun for a little while took it out before it was dry and added more. The only gripe I have is the smell is kind of strange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on a beach spray kick this summer. I got a bottle of the beach spray from Bath & Body and I really like that it gives me a curly textured look on my 2nd day hair if I feel like it and all WITHOUT hot tools! So this bottle I bought because you never know when B&B is going to discontinue something. Amazingly, this stuff by L'Oreal smells EXACTLY the same as the B&B, very beachy and fresh. What I like is that it offers the same texture without being too drying. It does exactly what I want it to do. So when I run out of the B&B stuff, I know I can grab a bottle of this. I also suggest picking up Garnier's hair oil (the stuff that you can use on your skin AND hair). Any time I use a beach spray, it's great for my oily scalp but it can be a terror for my dry ends. A spritz of the hair oil on my palms to gently go over mid-shaft to ends offers a little hydration for ends that can frizz a little.

**WORDS OF WISDOM: Ladies, no matter what though, know beach spray uses salt as the main ingredient to add that texture to your hair, and that is very drying to your strands. If you put any kind of beach spray in your hair, you will need to wash it out at the end of the day. Dont leave this stuff in your hair over night, you'll wake up to no-good-results and at some point, you may even see some slight damage to your ends.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by rivalee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This stuff is perfect. My hair looks and feels like it does after drying when I've been at the beach. Yes, that is a little dry feeling, but I'm okay with that. Normally my hair is baby fine. I have some natural wave and this brings that out and kicks it up a notch. Would recommend for those with fine hair that have some wave.

I definitely agree with those reviews that say you should wash your hair daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually like the smell of this. It's a shame that this leaves your hair feeling and looking parched. It def. brought out my natural wave pattern and gave my hair the much needed volume it craves, but this is the type of product that you will need to wash daily if you use it. I hate washing daily so that would be my reason why I wouldn't purchase this again. My hair looked kick a** after I used it, but the next day it looked dried out and not good :(. If washing your hair daily isn't an issue for you and you have naturally wavy hair you want to enhance, then go for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

This is leaving my hair dry and crispy too, what's up with that? I really wanted this to work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To be fair, I have yet to try a beach spray that makes my stick straight hair look any different than normal. This one didn't do much either. I followed the directions, scrunching and twisting using a diffuser to blow dry and ended up with....stick straight hair with a bit more fly-aways than normal, but also a little more shine than normal. I don't consider this a very good product for volume, my volumizing mousse gives much better volume. At least this one didn't make my hair look greasy. The smell is like the old discontinued John Frieda beach spray...coconuty. I gave this a 3 because of the shine and no grease factor and maybe it works on some other hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by justjess516

I have been waiting forever for a drugstore-priced sea salt spray that works well on my finer hair. This product is great! I spray it on my damp hair and then blow dry with a diffuser. It gives my hair beautiful waves and volume without being sticky or stiff. I am really struck at how soft it leaves my hair, and yet has staying power that lasts all day. I like that it is versatile enough to be used on wet or dry hair. I also appreciate that the spray nozzle shoots out fine mists of the product, rather than big, concentrated squirts, which helps to evenly distribute it over my hair. Overall a wonderful product, and very comparable to sea salt sprays from KMS and Healthy Sexy Hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chali26re

I spray this in my long, straight DRY hair and scrunch for a TON of runway-esque volume. Not for every day use, but for a party or when I need my mid-back length hair to look "special", this does it. Spray in generously, scrunch, curl lightly and sparsely, and voila. Sex hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by shilohlewis

Could not get over the scent of this product. As far as styling...not impressed. Had to throw away because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by HRWilson

I LOVE this spray! That said, I'm not sure I'd say it gives beachy waves, at least not on my hair, but for me, that's a good thing. I always think I want beach waves, so I've bought and made a ton of products supposed to give that effect, but I've found them all to be either too drying and leave my hair way too matte for my tastes, or they make my hair greasy and too wild looking. This product doesn't do either of those things - It really enhances my natural waves, and if I twist my hair as it dries after using this, it gives me amazing waves that look like they were heat styled, and that last for days. I adore this product and will definitely be buying more.

As a side note, unlike the previous reviewer, I didn't find the scent cloying at all. It was very light and didn't linger.