April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Conceal and Correct Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by njiwana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 53 Beige Claire, MAC Studio Fix in NC30, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 120, Sephora Mineral Powder Foundation in D30, Shiseido Foundation Compact in O20, Shu Uemura Face Architect in 764

Colour I bought: Medium

I love love this! I have uneven skintone (boo!) and dark circles (double boo!) which most of the time I don't bother concealing. What's more scars take a looong time to heal (triple boo?) so I need something that covers everything without buying too man products. Solution? This palette. Okay, I admit, this is kind of cheating since it has 6 colours but the palette is so sturdy that I can chuck it in my bag (which has a tonne of stuff) and it still survives! It conceals everything and stays put the whole day, which is another plus point. Oh, and I managed to depot it so I can transfer it to another palette when travelling.

A definite repurchase! (If I ever finish it)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by elektraalex

The thing I love about this product is that you get so many different shades that you can use all year around. The problem I aalways get is that the colour of my skin constantly changes, so I have to purchase like three different concealers. So this concealer is perfect for people like myself! Right now I use the top to ones for the middle of the face. The third for the sides of my face and the fourth for contouring. The yellow toned is the one I reached for mostly before. I now try to use all the shades equally as much. The peach toned concealer is reaally amazing! I don't have any dark bags or under eye darkness so I don't need it to much. But I did use it during new years of a family friend of ours who has purple undereyes, and it worked wonders! You can ofcourse use a tiny bit of the peach toned concealer and then aply some of the one that is closer to you skin colour. Same goes for the yellow toned.

I used this concealer during new years on five different people including myself and I used it for concealing, brow lifting, eyebags and redness.

I like the packaging because it keeps the product from drying out.
I really recommend to NOT USE YOUR FINGER TO PICK UP THE CONCEALER FROM THE PALETTE.This will dry you concealer out, no matter what brand it is. I use the end of my angled crappy brush from Sephora and scrape it out. I then put it on a unused CD. This way, you keep the hygiene of the product, especially if you are a makeup artist. The product is very creamy and therefore really sinks into your skin. To save product, use brushes instead of a sponge or a beautyblender. Also use the CD to use as much product as you can.

Sometimes I like to mix this concealer with a bit of the Maybeline Fit Me concealer in number 25.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom got the light palette, she's an NC20 and I'm an NC25-30 and she doesn't really use it. I have tried it and I really like the formula of these concealers. It's very creamy and doesn't crease as much as the concealer MAC has with the wand.

I would say the coverage is quite good and it lasts long without any fading or looking dry which is a problem I had with the Select Cover-Up concealer, it'd just look cakey. This one just looks nice and smooth.

The only downside is the coloring. I think it would have been nice if they separated the yellow toned concealers and pink toned concealers per container. One palette has 6 concealers. The light palette has NC15, NC20, NW15, NW20, a yellow corrector and a pink corrector. I have very yellow undertones and the NC shades still give me a pink sort of tone compared to my neck. I don't like using NW shades at all so I don't even touch the NW colors or that pink corrector. I think my mom uses those but I doubt I'd actually buy the palette again since it'd be a waste since I'd only use half.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been using this palette now for about two months and I find that it is packaged well and has everything I need to conceal dark circles, blemishes, etc. I hope MAC continues to keep this as a permanent item. I'm NC 45 and use the palette shade in medium deep.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

I love this palette, I originally bought it to try out the different shades of concealer before buying them separately, but I really like how compact this product is. I was recommended the Light palette, and it blends really well with whatever foundation I decide to wear. The pink and yellow tones help hide redness and my dark under eye circles, whilst the rest easily conceal my blemishes. When I use it under my eyes I have to make sure I have sufficiently moisturised, otherwise it can make my eyes look very tired and it's very noticeable. I wouldn't recommend using a thick layer under eyes, just for that reason. I think this product works best when used with a blending egg so you can dab it on before setting it with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

I spotted this pallet arbitrarily while I was purchasing mac blushes. Not being a major mac fan I was amazed by the color mixture in the pallet. I bought this in medium, which consist of 6 different colors. They are perfectly blendable, so you can match your skin tone flawlessly. It also involves of color you can use under your eyes, as well as one highlighter color. I think this is by far one of the supreme concealers I have purchased in terms of the infinite combination you can build. The texture of the concealer is smooth. It goes on thriving without really the need of warming it up beforehand. Also it is not dry which is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The unevenness of my skin tone is what makes foundation and concealer such a pain in the *ss AND a pain the wallet! My forehead is darker than the rest of my face, my temples are darker than my forehead, and my lower cheeks (around the jawline) is paler than the rest of my face. My inner cheeks have redness and the rest of my cheeks and nose are normal. So what happens when I have a pimple on my jawline, forehead, and cheek? I need to use three different concealers.
This palette is the answer to my problem. Why didn't MAC come out with this before?
I purchased this in Medium, which includes NW25, NC30, NW30, NC35, a yellow corrector, and a peach corrector. They also have this available in Light (NC15, W10, NC20, NW20), Medium Deep (NC40, NW40, NC42, NW43), and Dark (NC45, NW45, NC50, NW55). All the palettes includes a yellow and peachy corrector.
Although the lightest shade is still a bit too dark for my jawline, I can deal with it. Nonetheless, this palette is still absolutely amazing! I can simply mix whatever shades, and I have my very own custom concealer! Concealer/corrector palettes aren't a new concept, but I like this palette better than all the other ones out there.
My only complaint is that the coverage is not up to par with the opaque Studio Finish Concealers, but I guess these are buildable. When I run out, I'm just going to scoop out my Studio Finish Concealers (and other cream concealers) and put them in this palette, for convenience and its travel-friendliness.
It retails for $40.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only just bought this palette because I realized I needed a corrector for my Boing no. 4 concealer.

I bought medium-deep, perfect for my nc43 tone. Very happy with it. Not heavy not cakey and lots of colors for me to mix and match to my tone.

Weirdly enough the Boings yellow undertone gives me a brighter lift than even the correct Mac concealer colour that comes in this palette. So I use the corrector and then Boing....(which settles in my creases, pretty annoyed with my Boing)

Fair to say this doesn't brighten just conceals, maybe because its not an under eye specific concealer.

UPDATE: changed to NO for repurchase and rating to 3. Its just too drying for me ( will update again once the HK humid sweaty weather starts) also the correction is not great considering I have such light circles to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Oehmchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm nars sheer glow in syracuse, MUFE mat velvet in #65 and LM Tinted Moisturizer oil free in Caramel
i'm a girl in between shade in concealer it's very difficult to fond the conceal that match my skin toned

i love this product, i got in medium deep, it made my life easier,

I have been using MAC studio finish concealer SPF 35 in nc42, nw35 and makeup forever full cover concealer in #10 and #12 and i always have to mix two color to match my skin toned and in the end is kind of expensive for me

although this palette isn't the same coverage (as studio finish concealer), but i got cool and warm shades to fix and conceal, and i can do more thing with it, if i empty shade, i just simply put in my regular studio finish concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in LIGHT; the palette is offered in Light, Medium, Medium Deep and Dark. Within the palette, you receive 4 shades of concealer and a yellow and pink corrector. Not a bad deal. For me, however, the concealers fail due to the fact they don't offer enough coverage. I have been using MACs Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 for years and thought this palette would be the same coverage... it isn't. If you have minor circles, though, it's fantastic. It's also great as it offers warm and cool shades and you can use the pink corrector to "fix" the warm shades if you are a NW and vice verse. I won't buy it again, because I don't need products that won't work for me.

HOWEVER....

This little kit has OTHER uses. The product is PERFECT to use as foundation when traveling. No more dealing with bottles, leakage, TSA requirements, etc. I just toss this in my bag and I'm covered for 1-3 day trips. The shades can be used for touch-ups over my regular foundation/makeup during the day. They work as an eye-lid base for my shadows. And last, when I empty a shade, I simply smoosh in my regular Studio Finish Concealer (I have a few shades for different times of the year and for correcting) and I now have the PERFECT little concealer/corrector palette!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No