November 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Conceal and Correct Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like these concealers/correctors. I have quite pale skin that's ALWAYS between shades (somewhere around NC15-20), so this palette (I bought it in light) is such a good solution for me (I used to buy 2-3 individual ones $$$) I can use it from summer to winter no problem and have managed to use all the colours. The colour correctors are really handy, I blend the pale pink with the lightest shade (W10) for under eyes and it completely counteracts any bluishness going on, one thing with the under eyes (as with any and every product for that area) prime prime prime! otherwise it WILL crease, and also make sure that the under eye area is always well moisturised (you're never too young for eye cream). And I use the pale yellow mixed with the colour(s) that matches my foundation to cover red-toned blemishes, and it really helps calm down the redness and really hides the blemish, the yellow is also really good just blended around my nose which is often quite red (don't ask me why, I have no idea!)

Also I find that with these, fingers work best, the product really needs to be warmed up if you want it to blend properly, so ditch the brushes if you can. I really like these and will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by manuaquino

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the Medium pallette. I have light skin and brown dark circles. with these colors i donīt have anymore that problem of making the dark circle too light. i mix all the shades (i donīt use the rose one) and can make a real camouflage. the product texture - creamy- is easy to work with your fingers and cover everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Kimelise

I have both the light and medium palettes of these and absolutely love them!!!

Perfect all around- for dark circles, blemishes, highlight and contouring.

I find it to be a long lasting coverage, occasionally will get a slight creasing under eye if long wear or do not re apply but am yet to find something that does not crease.

Definitely a must have.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Classyah

This has an unnatural finish. It's thick in a bad way and creates dry patches around blemishes that make everything looks much worse and more noticeable. It just makes you wish you didn't have any makeup on to start with. The colors aren't that different. It's one of the worst products that I got. Even though I loved every MAC product I got, this one was a huge disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by njiwana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 53 Beige Claire, MAC Studio Fix in NC30, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 120, Sephora Mineral Powder Foundation in D30, Shiseido Foundation Compact in O20, Shu Uemura Face Architect in 764

Colour I bought: Medium

I love love this! I have uneven skintone (boo!) and dark circles (double boo!) which most of the time I don't bother concealing. What's more scars take a looong time to heal (triple boo?) so I need something that covers everything without buying too man products. Solution? This palette. Okay, I admit, this is kind of cheating since it has 6 colours but the palette is so sturdy that I can chuck it in my bag (which has a tonne of stuff) and it still survives! It conceals everything and stays put the whole day, which is another plus point. Oh, and I managed to depot it so I can transfer it to another palette when travelling.

A definite repurchase! (If I ever finish it)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by elektraalex

The thing I love about this product is that you get so many different shades that you can use all year around. The problem I aalways get is that the colour of my skin constantly changes, so I have to purchase like three different concealers. So this concealer is perfect for people like myself! Right now I use the top to ones for the middle of the face. The third for the sides of my face and the fourth for contouring. The yellow toned is the one I reached for mostly before. I now try to use all the shades equally as much. The peach toned concealer is reaally amazing! I don't have any dark bags or under eye darkness so I don't need it to much. But I did use it during new years of a family friend of ours who has purple undereyes, and it worked wonders! You can ofcourse use a tiny bit of the peach toned concealer and then aply some of the one that is closer to you skin colour. Same goes for the yellow toned.

I used this concealer during new years on five different people including myself and I used it for concealing, brow lifting, eyebags and redness.

I like the packaging because it keeps the product from drying out.
I really recommend to NOT USE YOUR FINGER TO PICK UP THE CONCEALER FROM THE PALETTE.This will dry you concealer out, no matter what brand it is. I use the end of my angled crappy brush from Sephora and scrape it out. I then put it on a unused CD. This way, you keep the hygiene of the product, especially if you are a makeup artist. The product is very creamy and therefore really sinks into your skin. To save product, use brushes instead of a sponge or a beautyblender. Also use the CD to use as much product as you can.

Sometimes I like to mix this concealer with a bit of the Maybeline Fit Me concealer in number 25.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom got the light palette, she's an NC20 and I'm an NC25-30 and she doesn't really use it. I have tried it and I really like the formula of these concealers. It's very creamy and doesn't crease as much as the concealer MAC has with the wand.

I would say the coverage is quite good and it lasts long without any fading or looking dry which is a problem I had with the Select Cover-Up concealer, it'd just look cakey. This one just looks nice and smooth.

The only downside is the coloring. I think it would have been nice if they separated the yellow toned concealers and pink toned concealers per container. One palette has 6 concealers. The light palette has NC15, NC20, NW15, NW20, a yellow corrector and a pink corrector. I have very yellow undertones and the NC shades still give me a pink sort of tone compared to my neck. I don't like using NW shades at all so I don't even touch the NW colors or that pink corrector. I think my mom uses those but I doubt I'd actually buy the palette again since it'd be a waste since I'd only use half.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been using this palette now for about two months and I find that it is packaged well and has everything I need to conceal dark circles, blemishes, etc. I hope MAC continues to keep this as a permanent item. I'm NC 45 and use the palette shade in medium deep.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

I love this palette, I originally bought it to try out the different shades of concealer before buying them separately, but I really like how compact this product is. I was recommended the Light palette, and it blends really well with whatever foundation I decide to wear. The pink and yellow tones help hide redness and my dark under eye circles, whilst the rest easily conceal my blemishes. When I use it under my eyes I have to make sure I have sufficiently moisturised, otherwise it can make my eyes look very tired and it's very noticeable. I wouldn't recommend using a thick layer under eyes, just for that reason. I think this product works best when used with a blending egg so you can dab it on before setting it with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Natteyolala

I spotted this pallet arbitrarily while I was purchasing mac blushes. Not being a major mac fan I was amazed by the color mixture in the pallet. I bought this in medium, which consist of 6 different colors. They are perfectly blendable, so you can match your skin tone flawlessly. It also involves of color you can use under your eyes, as well as one highlighter color. I think this is by far one of the supreme concealers I have purchased in terms of the infinite combination you can build. The texture of the concealer is smooth. It goes on thriving without really the need of warming it up beforehand. Also it is not dry which is a plus.