October 31, 2014 | 1173 users online

Bronzers - Ben Nye - Media Pro Creme Contour

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sunnysunday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the powder contour powder in No.1 and bought this to layer the powder over on top of.
This is a great cream that allows for a lot of building. It's very natural looking and I highly recommend it for golden NC 30 skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I think this product is great, although not the best. It's around $12-14 (depending on where you get it) and typically avaliable where Ben Nye and other theater brands are sold. If not, you can order online. The packaging is nothing special, just a pan in a plastic, square container with a clear flip-up lid. The pan is HUGE, so this product should last you forever!

I have very yellow NC25 skin and have a hard time finding a cream contour that isn't too brown (since my skin tone warms up anything). Neutral is a great shade for me because it leans cool, so it looks more relaistically like shadow than most bronzers and contour products that I've tried.

The formula feels like something between a creme and a gel, so it's not very "sticky" and is easy to blend. It looks like a cool brown when swatched directly from the pan. I apply it on top of my foundation with my fingers first and then blend out with either fingers or a brush. It can be a bit sheer on me, so sometimes I layer it a few times before it shows up intensely. (Note: This product does NOT apply well on top of powder. I would use it as a contour on top of foundation but before setting powder so that it blends easier on top of your foundation.)

Staying power is pretty good. I personally think that the color fades / settles into your natural skin tone after a while, but I still notice it in pictures so perhaps this product was meant to be photographed more than it was meant to be "seen" by the naked eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by verseau213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted a cream contour product for a long time, but there seem to be few on the market. The MAC creams that came out last year didn't have the right undertone that I wanted, and while Tom Ford's looks great, I live in a place where I would have to buy it in pounds sterling without testing it first, which I wasn't willing to do for so much money. Also, I find a lot of contour products are just too orange to look natural, but when I found this Ben Nye product I was thrilled. These really have a grey undertone, which is what you need to create believable shadow. I have it in the color Neutral. It's not super creamy, which disappointed me at first, but I find it actually helps to get a more specific application so it's no longer an issue. I generally apply it over my foundation with a small stippling brush to get a sheer application. If want a heavier look, you can build gradually. It really stays in place, and definitely looks natural on my NC20/25 skin. I've yet to try applying it under my foundation and then blending it out, but I also haven't been motivated to do so.

For me, this was a great find and I paid nine euros for it, which is a steal. I like it better for more dramatic/evening looks personally, and use powder during the day time. Ben Nye seems to be really underrated, but the products I have from them so far are fantastic and I'm lucky enough to live near a professional cosmetics store that stocks their entire line. The only con for me is the packaging. The case I have is hard to open, and I generally prefer something that I can put it a palette, but that's just me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have the shade Natural.

NOTHING about this colour is natural! its so unbelievably orange, not even an fake tan orange, like a burnt red terracotta orange. the formula is good but i just cant imagine anyone suiting this,at all. have no use for it at all, no matter how little product i use..