September 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Lipstick - Ulta - Chocolate Kiss 230 (cr) lipstick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I was looking for a 90's brown/red lipstick. This fit the bill for what I was looking for. I imagine I won't get a lot of wear out of this right now because it is summer time, but I can see myself rocking this a lot in the fall.

Tried the lipstick on in store and it is fairly opaque, but a new tube needs to be applied several times to get the desired solid color I wanted. I paired this with a red lip liner on the edges of the lips and then reapplied the lipstick over it. It isn't sticky and doesn't feel dry. It just feels nice. Not goopy or gritty.

I have used Ulta lipstick in the past and thought they were fairly standard. They don't have any obnoxious smell (I'm talking about you L'Oreal lipsticks - yucky), have a decent lip-life (about 2 hours), don't last through eating/drinking (what lipstick does?), and come in a variety of colors. They are a bit pricey for a drugstore lipstick. I paid a little under $8.00 for mine because I had a $3.50 off coupon. I know they do run specials and I almost waited to buy this, but it was the last tube in the store and I was afraid they might never restock it. So I just picked it up. I would recommend if you have the options wait til the store has a buy 1 get one 50% off deal or 50% off, etc. This lipstick should probably only cost about $5.00 in my honest opinion. It isn't bad stuff and I would know because I'm a lipstick junky, but it is slightly overpriced for what is. I tend to think the whole Ulta line is though.

That being said I only reported that I wouldn't buy again because I don't imagine myself needing to buy this again after this season. I've noticed 90s stuff is in and I've been seeing a lot of dark vampy lips and brown lipsticks in ads. So once I get my trend fill and have all the 90s glamour I never had when I was in grades school....I will move on to bigger and, most likely, brighter things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this lipstick color. It's a sheer burgundy brown. The texture is very smooth and shiny. My only complaints are is that the lipstick can become melted in the heat or smashed down with repeated applications. It's then hard to apply and requires a lipstick brush. This color doesn't have the best wear time. It's similar to a lip gloss. It comes off fairly easy if you eat, kiss or such, This color works really well with my coloring. It's suitable for special occasions and daily use.