September 1, 2014 | 1913 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Lipstick in Drumbeat Red

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by KelSlo

This is my favorite red lipstick in the world! I am going to try MAC Ruby Woo today so I may change my mind,however this shade of red is fantastic,on the cooler side.It stayed on all day with one retouch in 8 hours and thats with drinking and eating...hello! :)
Im a NW15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by whisper

This is a very pretty, wearable red lipstick (wearable in terms of color family). The shade is a classic bright red almost like a deep tomato color (no blue-toned base that I can detect). I feel like it complements my yellow-toned Asian skin quite nicely, but I find that I have to be in the right mood to wear this, because it can be painstaking to apply (like any red lip color actually) and, perhaps most important/bothersome, it DOES NOT LAST! I appreciate that the formula isn't drying, but maybe certain colors of lipstick need to be a tad drying, otherwise they simply will not stay put no matter what lengths you go to to make that happen. This just isn't very practical I'm afraid. But it is rather beautiful, which is why I've rated it mediocre in the end. And it's inexpensive ($5 on sale). I think I'm going to have to try a matte formulation if I want a bulletproof red lip. This one disappoints in terms of the wear factor for me. Which, again, is a shame, because it really is quite lovely otherwise. (Those are my lips wearing 'Drumbeat Red' up there in the pics section btw! hehe)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color. Bright. I was going for bright. Can't say it looks spectacular on my skintone just yet because I'm new to bright lipsticks. Too bright from what I'm used to.

Im usually a neutral lipstick kind of girl and I was looking for the perfect red lipstick. I tried going to Chanel and failed. I thought to myself, maybe I'll just go to Target and play with certain shades. Then, you know, lack of testing.

There was THE RED. RED we know since preschool. I wanted a tinge darker and thought this was the color. Its BRIGHT. After a while it does turn bright pink but pinks definitely go well with my skintone.

The lipstick, physically is awesome. Very creamy, no feathering, very smooth. Im quite happy with this product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I've loved Drumbeat Red for years. This and True Red are their best. I've compared and contrasted alot of drugstore brands versus department store. Loreal is the best along with Revlon. This is not pink, it's a cool toned red.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MeowGirl1

Drumbeat Red is a very pretty red, but like other people have noticed, it has an annoying tendency to turn hot pink as it wears off. In the tube, it's not obvious that it's a pink-based red, but after you wear it, you'll know! I wore this for quite a few years and it looks great against my pale Asian skin, but it just wasn't *quite* right and I didn't know how to tweak it to make it perfect.

But thank goodness, L'Oreal came out with a new red this season: True Red 315. which is the perfect neutral red for me! It's a classic red that makes a strong statement without being screamingly bright. For those of you still looking for the perfect red lipstick and find Drumbeat Red too pinky-blue and Revlon's Certainly Red way too bright, I'd recommend giving L'Oreal's True Red a try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

Goodness, this is one BRIGHT tomato red lipstick, WAY too bright for MMM/GGG me to wear solo. Not wanting to be wasteful, I always mix this with a brown lipstick (L'oreal Endless in Chocolate Obsession) and get a cherry cola colour that's SO pretty, I wore it to my engagement party. So while I prefer the warmer Candied Apple for a red L'oreal lipstick, I do have a soft spot for this stuff when combined with other lipsticks. (NOT on its own. Solo, this lipstick gets 3 lippies from me.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this years and years ago when I was addicted to red lipstick. Recently, I decided that I wanted to do red again and I saw this old standby in the drugstore. I'm PPP/FFF and I really like this color. Its a cool red, but not too bluish (i.e. too dark or garish) but has no orangy undertones either. The one problem is that it DOES fade to old-lady-pink thru the day, so you have to check it often touch it up.

**UPDATE***
Found HG!!!!! Revlon "Certainly Red"! Satys on and does not dry and does not go old lady pink!
Don't rec L'oreal- try Revlon, it really has worked 4 me and I love red lips again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2004 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Nolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG red lipstick. I adore the creamy texture and the scent is pleasant. As a LLL/FFF, I've found that most red lipsticks look garish on me, however, this red looks classic. It wears well and the pigment is rich. Also, I find that my teeth appear whiter with this (I get many compliments on my smile when wearing it). I know this is somewhat true with blue-based reds...but pink-based?
Overall a fantastic drugstore lipstick. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 11:28:00 PM More reviews by brianx

Colour Riche lipsticks are actually probably the best line of lipsticks available in drugstores. Their texture is perfect: creamy, with a satin finish (although I would love matte!) ... Drumbeat Red is a shade that has been around for about a zillion years, and is definitely a classic. However, I don't particularly like it as it is a more pink-based red apposed to a true, yellow or blue-based red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a fairly decent, standard red. Bright with a very creamy, satin finish. I prefer a deeper red, but this is a good drugstore shade.