September 1, 2014 | 1011 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Duo 2-in-1 Glossy Liquid Liner - Violet Luster

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ablakel1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I intitally loved this product. I like the way you can rotate the tip to make a slim or thick line. It made it easy to achieve a winged look...which i struggle with from time to time. However, once applied my eyelids stuck like crazy! Each time I blink my lids get stuck to the product. I have very small eyes and I only apply one layer. Maybe its the "glossy" effect that is causing this but after wearing this a couple of times I tossed it. Some one with larger set eyes may not have the same issues that I did.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by flowerluver04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I created an account just to give this product a review. Teal is one of my favorite colors for liquid eyeliner. And this IS NOT teal! It is a translucent, light green/grayish color. I am so disappointed. If you ask me, it looks like I have glossy puke on my face. It does not go on smoothly either with the duo brush. That design is flawed. It's a nice idea, but the consistency of the product does not allow it to go on right. I honestly believe that any of these reviews claiming this product is perfect are fake. It happens all the time. Just the fact that it doesn't phase you that the product is not what it advertises on the packaging (a bright, bold teal color) is proof of that. Not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So upset I bought this, even if it wasn't more than $10. It was just a mess. I don't know how to describe it. It came out streaky, and beyond shiny (not in a good way). It's difficult to use as well, and I'm no amatuer. I tossed it after 1 use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this better than any of the expensives eyeliners at the cosmetics counter at the mall. It is waterproof, smudge proof, lasts all day, and washes off easily with just warm water. I like a retro cat eye look and this is perfect for creating it everyday! I have it in brown, black, green, and blue. All beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It takes a lot for me to hate a basic beauty product, but I have to say that this is just a TERRIBLE product. Truly just bad. I've tried the colored version as well as the basic black, and both were just absolutely awful. The "dual tip" is not intuitive at all, and the formula tries to a weirdly transparent finish, which necessitates multiple layers. If you've ever dealt with liquid liner before, you know that it's not exactly conducive to layering--because the formula has to be so sticky to stay on your oily lid, this usually just leads to an awful, clumpy finish. The awkward shape of the handle, plus the long felt brush, makes it too easy to get it into your lashes, which ends up being a complete mess and makes you look like you have spider legs glued to your lids. The formula is so dense that combing through with a mascara brush doesn't resolve it--you have to use makeup remover. After multiple attempts, I never figured out out to make a thin line to flick it out (and I work in beauty, so if anyone was going to figure it out, it would be me). And, after looking in the mirror at work a few hours after applying it, I was HORRIFIED by the appearance. A patchy, gross mess that I was embarrassed to be stuck with in a professional setting.

At the end of the day, the classic brush and formula model of liquid liner is tricky, but at least you can practice at it and get better. I feel like you're best off putting your efforts towards mastering that than dealing with products like this that apparently make it "easier." Maybelline is by far my favorite drug store brand, and I'm just so disappointed that they would put something like this out into the market. It is definitely making me question my loyalty a little. I guess I'll be sticking with my Makeup Forever stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I can't believe the reviews I'm reading... I feel like I'm looking at reviews for a different product! I bought this at a "store closing" sale at Kmart, and I'm glad I did. I also got the turquoise/teal color, which I love even more. It did seem watery when I first opened it, but the package clearly says "Shake well." So, I shook it for 15 seconds and that did the trick. I applied this over e.l.f. eyelid primer. It took about 30-45 seconds of fanning my face before the eyeliner was dry to the touch. No big deal, because once it was dry it stayed on without smudging for the entire day. I forgot to remove my makeup before bed, and when I woke up the next morning my eyeliner was still perfectly un-smudged. I love the broad tip, and if you turn it 1/4 turn, you can use the skinny side as a fine tip. I would absolutely buy this eyeliner again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by jessicav1

I'm glad I only paid $5 for this because it is probably the worst makeup product I have ever used. Other reviews here are spot on: watery, horrible applicator, sticky as heck, took THREE coats to even get it to be purple and it's not the purple depicted on the packaging.... It clumped up into my eyelashes making my mascara look like absolute crap too. If I didn't have to go to work I would have removed it all and started over with my e.l.f. Liquid eyeliner which is so much better quality for $3. I'll keep it around maybe for Halloween or something but I won't be using it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Horrible, horrible, horrible product! This is the worst makeup product I have ever used to date...and I've used some pretty bad ones. I'd give this one a zero if I could. I even called Maybelline to complain, and that's a first--even with the other bad products in my life, I've never bothered to notify their manufacturers' corporate offices.

The formula is weird: it's watery yet goopy. I had little violet color (electric violet, mind you, not the beautiful purple depicted on the packaging!) go on the eye, yet I had all of this eyeliner matting my eyelashes and holding onto my eyelids for dear life. I couldn't remove it without removing all of my other makeup. The applicator just makes things worse...perhaps if the formula was better, then the thick/thin trick the applicator is supposed to do just might work. Instead, the plastic applicator smears it on as one thick line regardless of how you angle it.

This is one time that I wished I checked in with MakeupAlley before purchasing. Everyone was right about this product being garbage...which is exactly where the eyeliner went after I attempted to use it. I had also purchased the bronze color but despite the good (and only) review it has, I'm returning it unopened to the store--the experience with the violet has burned me pretty bad, and I'm not willing to take any chances.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't have liked this product if I got it for free.

When people buy liquid liner, it's because they want a smooth, intense line. This product is incredibly watery and makes a smeary, transparent line that hardly has any color. It is certainly not violet; In fact it looks about the color of dirty dishwater unless you spend a good amount of time shaking it. Even then, it's a light sheer purple at best. The applicator is just stupid. Maybe it would work for a thick formula, but with this diluted crap, it just makes a mess. The product also never dries. I swatched it on my hand to compare to my other purple liquid liners, and after a few minutes, the other liners had dried on my skin. This one, however, had a gross sticky feeling, like I put honey on my hand and let it sit.

I really expected more, considering all of the raves about the gel eyeliner, but this is by far the worst liquid eyeliner I have ever tried, from any brand. I love other eye products from Maybelline, like the color tattoos and Colossal mascara, but this is a sub-par dud. I have no idea how this product got past R&D.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gaby14mtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

worst eyeliner I've ever tried!! it justs come off real easy and does not last.