Jennifer Lopez Hyacinth Fig candle

on 1/19/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a candle snob. I only burn the high end types... Diptyque, Jo Malone, Tocca, etc. I like a high quality, sophisticated fragrance with good throw and nice packaging. No drugstore candles here...

I received a large 3-wick Jennifer Lopez Hyacinth Fig candle as a Christmas gift. I had no idea Jennifer Lopez even made candles. Looking more closely at the pretty, really nice quality box I noticed it was an exclusive product of Kohl's (I politely contained my candle snob judgement upon seeing this). When I opened it to take an obligatory whiff I could not believe how good it smelled. Fresh, a little sweet, but very sophisticated and complex. The candle is poured in a heavy frosted glass bowl that looks expensive. I could not believe that what I was seeing and smelling came from Kohl's.

The next day I decided to try it out at home. Burning all 3 wicks at once was too overpowering, so I cut it down to just one. Within a very short time the entire room was filled with the most wonderful fragrance. The hyacinth is faint, but it's there. The fig is what lingers in the air, a fresh fig mixed with black currant that smells very elegant. One wick has enough throw to fill up half of my house. I ended up letting the candle burn all day long... and the next...and the next. It's that addicting! I already used up the gift candle and went to Kohl's myself to buy a few more. This time I purchased the single-wick candle which comes in a different jar...clear glass printed with a pattern of tiny white leaves (almost like polka dots). It casts a pretty shadow on the wall when lit.

I am still in shock that I found such a high end luxury-style candle for such a cheap price. I was even more surprised to find none of the Jennifer Lopez candles had been reviewed here on MUA. Well it's a hidden secret no more... definitely check out her entire line of candles and home fragrance products at Kohl's, they are real hidden gems!

Popular Candles