October 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Flat to Fab

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by missmarytx

HARD CANDY HAS DISCONTINUED FLAT TO FAB MASCARA!!! ...As you know it anyways. In the Spring 2014 this mascara was done away with. Yes,Flat to Fab mascara can still be purchased at Walmart. Wait, but didn't I just say that it was discontinued? Yes! How can this be possible? Because Hard Candy discontinued the Flat to Fab formula, wand, and literally everything about the mascara EXCEPT the name and packaging! Which, by the way, really ticks me off! This was one of my go to mascaras in my current collection of 30. It was a perfect dupe for Too Faces "Better Than Sex" mascara, identical wand and consistency of formula. I loved it! So after accepting the inevitable end of my so loved mascara, I bought the new one in hopes of liking it just as much. I have only used this mascara once I will update you if any of my opinions change. I really dislike this mascaraThe wand is a wirey thinner, cheaper version of the falsies by Maybelline,similar because it's curved. The formula is watery and thin even more than new mascaras usually are. when it dried my eyelashes clumped together, they just looked sad and wilted. So in conclusion my scores are only for the new flat to fab mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SPAYnNEUTER

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Burns my eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ToxicChanel97

This is my favorite mascara ever! I picked this up at walmart because I've never been disapointed by Hard Candy products before. Pros- This mascara makes your lashes super long, even though it says no curling needed it looks 5x better if you curl your lashes as well. I dont know why everyone is saying it burns your lashes, I didn't have that problem. I like how easily this washes off and if I step into the shower with it, it doesnt run down my cheeks. I find it light and not one of those overly thick mascaras too. Cons- Now, even though there are some cons about this product I've managed to over look them because I'm so happy with the result. this mascara is best if you pair it with a mascara that will spread your lashes out before you apply the flat to fab mascara. Only because it has a small tendency to clump, also try to hold you eyelids still for a few seconds after application because your lashes with be such a long length you'll be left with little black speckles on your cheeks and under brow. Other than that I totally recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by alainlalaland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nope nope nope. I bought a super cute Hard Candy gift set of three mascaras, this being one of them, and tried all three. This was my absolute least favorite. It burned my eyes, didn't thicken at all, and flaked like crazy. Definitely don't recommend. However, the other two were great! (especially Ginormous Lash)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

This is pretty good stuff. It's so cheap and I have to say that I had no big complaints about this mascara at all. It didn't flake, it didn't smudge, it lengthened and gave my lashes volume and it lasts all day. My only small issue is that it has a tendency to clump a bit but hey, it's like $5. It also came off very easily and didn't cause any lash loss while removing it. A few times, however, I noticed my eyes burned a bit after applying. Hard Candy's ingredients are cheap and not that great. You get what you pay for. So I kind of overlooked the mild burning as it passed quickly and didn't cause any redness, etc. I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This mascara is amazing! After not really loving another Hard Candy mascara, I decided to give this one a shot. I was hoping to like this, but I was not expecting to love it as much as I do!
This mascara claims to give dramatic volume and curl. It does all that, and also adds a ton of length to my lashes. With just 2 coats of this, I can really get that false-lash effect. I used this pretty much every day because I like really dramatic lashes, but this was especially great for nights out when you really want your lashes to pop.
I'll admit that this mascara took some getting used to. The brush is huge, and the barbell/hourglass shape of the brush was a little hard to handle at first. I ended up with lots of mascara on my lids the first few times I used this! The formula also started out being pretty wet, which didn't help matters. But in a few weeks this had dried up enough to make it much less messy and easier to use. Despite the fact that this was a pretty wet mascara, I never had problems with this smearing or smudging, and when this dried out a bit it never flaked, either. It would last all day, even through naps!
I think this is a really underrated mascara, and I think more people need to check this out! If you like a lot of va-va-voom to your lashes, this stuff is fabulous!