April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am happy to see that more fun colors have been added to this collection. Like the other caviar sticks, orchid applies like a dream. It is creamy, very pigmented, and despite the sparkles, does not feel gritty. I absolutely love the color! It is a bright, sparkly purple that is very flattering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general I'm a sucker for Caviar Sticks. Even though some have been misses, the majority of the colors I've tried have been good (Sapphire) or even great (Amethyst). It's good to see that LM has expanded this line and added a few fun colors, like Orchid.

Online in swatches this appears to be more violet than it is IRL--I found this to be a pinkish-mauve-violet. Folks who cannot wear pink e/s might find that this color just won't work on them. It has a slight shimmer to it, but it's not at all OTT.

The texture is nice--it's easily blended and dries quickly, but not too quickly that it doesn't smudge nicely. I have oily eyelids and some creme shadows crease like crazy, but this lasts for hours on me w/o creasing (over a primer). I wore it over Alloy Metallic cream e/s and at the end of the day there was minimal creasing.

While I don't see myself using this up and having to repurchase, it's a nice addition to the Caviar Stick line and a fun color.